Best wavetable synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Seaweed's website is just gorgeous:

https://www.fathomsynth.com/

Got this - definitely keeping an eye on it's progess (it's currently cheap-as-chips - everyone that's into wt's should buy a license for it)

Relavance: https://www.fathomsynth.com/wavetable

Lol - just paid $24.36 for Waves Codex - part of the reason why is because of what Ingo Weidner said in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=439074&start=45

Apparently: you can use at least the factory wavetables in other wt synths that support single-cycle waves of 512 samples in the tables (he mentioned Falcon).

Sektor is on the low end of wavetable synths IMO was not impressed with the demo.

generaldiomedes wrote:Sektor is on the low end of wavetable synths IMO was not impressed with the demo.
Thanks for the opinion!

It might be that that's about Initial with a sample playback background making the foray into wt - like I said a couple of posts back: the algos that do the cross-fading/interpolation between waves in the tables I'm quite convinced have a lot to do with the sound - Sektor is probably primitive in the agorithm Dept. as a guess.

Maybe that could be treated as a challenge: find the sweet spots where it sounds best -

Infinite Pro and Largo are lush!
Although I’m tempted by Codex now, seeing as it’s under $25...
But... i heard terrible things about Codex, is it really that bad?

simmo75 wrote:Infinite Pro and Largo are lush!
Although I’m tempted by Codex now, seeing as it’s under $25...
But... i heard terrible things about Codex, is it really that bad?
From my read on it: it has a specific sound - which is cool!

The super awesome thing about wavetable synths that load user w-tables; is that you can custom-fit the tables to capitalize on the strengths of the synth.

Wavetable synths in my book are the Holy Grail -

Gotta throw some love at Linplug's Spectral - it is *not* a wt; but it acts as though it's working with 2-wave wavetables.

Point being that even with it 'scanning' between just (2) waves in a (4) stacked oscillator configuration, the sounds you can create with it are amazing!

Return to “Instruments”