Emulating the Supersaw - CFA-Sound SUPER-7 Free VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The final version is now released as kind of gift to the 7 years anniversary of CFA-Sound! Thanks for the feedback here and on the blog. A lot of wished features has beed added, next to the new GUI. Hope you like it!

V1.0 Changelog:
- Lowpass filter added
- second envelope (with recuded controls) for the filter
- preset management added
- 20 presets now included
- internal optimizations
- complete new GUI
- Manual added
- released with the original project name “SUPER-7″

DOWNLOAD HERE: http://shop.cfa-sound.com/products/supe ... ersaw-vst/
OLD FIRST POST:
Hi guys, i know a lot of you will think "oh nooo not again f** supersaw" :D But yes - supersaw... again :hihi:

It`s from a little side project (for fun and learning) during the last year, to discovery how this specific waveform / osc mode works which all electronic music producers love & use. It`s not perfect but close and well only VSTi 32-bit WinOS only. :P

But anyway, feedback in general and specially to improve it would be great and highly appreciated!
Last edited by Cyforce on Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

I don't know original Superwave-Synth.

Your Plugin sounds cool...well I miss alot of parameters...but the sound of this little synth is fine to my ears...no matter what note I play...it sounds quite fatt.
Can this thread be erased?
Im tired of the fanboys and the clueless know it alls.

For some reason the volume on all but the first patches are set to 0 and the Attack set very slow :? Could be a promising synth, I look forward to more development. :tu:
:tu: All is good

Just tried to compare it to the Supersaw in Diva. While the basic sound seems to be very close Diva seems to sound better in lower and also high ocraves.
With your plugin there seems to be some hiss/noise in high octaves that i do not find with Diva (also not with filter set to full Cutoff). Not sure if this is aliasing or something else.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Oh no, not again, that was indeed my first thought :)
I wonder why people don't come up with something new instead of ruminating the old stuff again and again...

The GUI reminds me a bit of Superwave's Ultimate 8)

DrewDale wrote:For some reason the volume on all but the first patches are set to 0 and the Attack set very slow :? Could be a promising synth, I look forward to more development. :tu:
Yes this will be fixed with the next version :wink:
Ingonator wrote:Just tried to compare it to the Supersaw in Diva. While the basic sound seems to be very close Diva seems to sound better in lower and also high ocraves.
With your plugin there seems to be some hiss/noise in high octaves that i do not find with Diva (also not with filter set to full Cutoff). Not sure if this is aliasing or something else.
Yes it is aliasing, but (!) aliasing is required to model the specific supersaw character, through that it has this more bright / airy touch, but the aliasing filtering isn`t optimal yet, will be changed in the next version together with the waveform shape itself (more close to the original trimming)
fluffy_little_something wrote:The GUI reminds me a bit of Superwave's Ultimate 8)
Well GUI was just a quick draft, inspire by the JP8080 on my left on the desk. Superwave`s Ultimate is a JP emulation so it`s also inspired by the JP8080. So both look similar :D But as said, GUI is just a quick draft. And it`s atm not a synth, more an osc-demo-vsti. Maybe this osc will find a way to a new synth with similar approach or different, atm just hunting the supersaw :hihi:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Oh no, not again, that was indeed my first thought :)
I wonder why people don't come up with something new instead of ruminating the old stuff again and again...
Hm good question. I don`t wanna know how many Minimoog emulations are out there (free & commercial). :o :D Maybe it`s the status of some synths, as reason, why many going for an own re-creation. JP as the supersaw origin, Minimoog as ultimate analog synth. etc

UPDATE v0.17 is online! Can be downloaded on the CFA-Sound Blog (link in first post...)

Changelog:
- improved waveform
- improved aliasing behaviour
- adjustments on the phase control
- new ADSR envelope with shape control (falling, linear or raising slope)
- reduced unwanted artefacts on overlapping notes
- adjusted default values (strg + left mouse click on a controller sets them to default value)

+ new GUI layout through the new envelope

Very thanks Cyforce but why no presets?

Turello wrote:Very thanks Cyforce but why no presets?
Probably because it does exactly ONE thing - make a supersaw! :lol:
Free BassTables for Xfer Serum 1 | 2
2016 Synthmaster Song Contest Winner Presets

This thing is really fun to play with! Spent about an hour messing around in REAPER with the thing, this was the result:
https://soundcloud.com/theofficialajyou ... persaw-osc

Cool little song! The synth sounds promising for free!

Thanks! 3 instances total, plus a kick drum sample. All the filter/EQ/FX work was done externally though, as this plugin is basically only a playable oscillator. Still, can't beat that rich, fat sound!

Glad that the feedback is so far quite positiv :) As mentioned in the blog it will be available soon as "not-beta" freebie, but a small one, basicly just the pure supersaw osc, maybe with 1-2 small extras and nothing more.

And later it will be surely be used in a bigger synth setup, but there i`m atm not 100% sure how the layout will be.

Nice update, cheers for the work. :tu: Any chance of a filter added next ? (just cut off & rez would be cool no need for more) :)
:tu: All is good

@AJYoung: Forgive, I'm not a Synth programmer and sometimes need some starting preset...

Return to “Instruments”