Camel Audio ceasing sales? [Update: CA acquired by Apple]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

MillerSam wrote:works here in Mainstage 3
is it the full version i.e can this be used to import, sound design etc, to later transfer to logic x ??

Yep.

Numanoid wrote:No wonder Apples bandwidth gets hit.

If Logic users also got Mainstage, they gotta download the 15GB Alchemy update twice then?
No - they share banks and samples etc

Great update so far..... just the missing tuning option (like in Alchemy 1) is a bit of a bummer for me. Alchemy 1 has tons of great tuning scales and the option to import own.
Seems that Alchemy 2 in Logic can't tuning scales :(
That was one of the major things i loved in Alchemy 1 (i still do).

Cinebient wrote:Great update so far..... just the missing tuning option (like in Alchemy 1) is a bit of a bummer for me. Alchemy 1 has tons of great tuning scales and the option to import own.
But you can load tunings via Logic for Logic instruments.

aMUSEd wrote:
Cinebient wrote:Great update so far..... just the missing tuning option (like in Alchemy 1) is a bit of a bummer for me. Alchemy 1 has tons of great tuning scales and the option to import own.
But in Alchemy i could use the scales of part of a patch f.e.
And Alchemy 1 had hundread of great scales includd in the instrument.
At least for me that is a big minus compared to Alchemy 1.
Everything else is better of course.
But apple is known for removing at least a few things which i loved
(iOS is a good exampel here too) :D

What is in the 14 GB sample library? Is that just the old content? Actually.. can the new library be loaded with Alchemy 1?

Numanoid wrote:No wonder Apples bandwidth gets hit.

If Logic users also got Mainstage, they gotta download the 15GB Alchemy update twice then?
No. The 15 GB is accessed via the Additional Content downloads and is not automatically installed when you get the update. If you install that 15GB set of sounds in one app, the other app indicates these are already installed. So.. like all other resources in MainStage and Logic Pro X, they share everything. Makes sense to me.

aMUSEd wrote:
He's right.. Logic has a built-in tuning system which effects all of the built-in plug-ins uniformly. Check it out. Its a project setting (not a global preference) called "Tuning".

You can even create your own custom tuning system if you want. They include 97 different tuning systems. Some of them go far back into music history. I also forgot that Logic provides configurable Hermode tuning. If you are a normal Logic user and want to hear something amazing, turn that on and play a chord. The effect it has on sounds is really remarkable. Chords sound bigger and fuller because it micro-tunes based on real-time analysis of chords played to make them perfectly tuned.

In fact, I only know about this because the Virus has this option. I found it really weird on pianos. I don't think I've ever heard a piano sound so in tune.

eluxtria wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
He's right.. Logic has a built-in tuning system which effects all of the built-in plug-ins uniformly. Check it out. Its a project setting (not a global preference) called "Tuning".

You can even create your own custom tuning system if you want. They include 97 different tuning systems. Some of them go far back into music history. I also forgot that Logic provides configurable Hermode tuning. If you are a normal Logic user and want to hear something amazing, turn that on and play a chord. The effect it has on sounds is really remarkable. Chords sound bigger and fuller because it micro-tunes based on real-time analysis of chords played to make them perfectly tuned.

I know that but i don't want to tune the whole Logic. I want to save a special tuning as a part of an Alchemy patch (like it's possible in Alchemy 1). I can't understand why they removed that :x
The second thing is the non retina graphic 2015!
Beside this it's huge (free) update :tu:

double...

Cinebient wrote: I know that but i don't want to tune the whole Logic. I want to save a special tuning as a part of an Alchemy patch (like it's possible in Alchemy 1). I can't understand why they removed that :x
The second thing is the non retina graphic 2015!
Beside this it's huge (free) update :tu:
Well, there you go Windows and Alchemy (vintage) 1/1.5 users, there you go. You (we) have the one thing *THEY* don't have.
:lol:
Actually, the track I'm working on right now doesn't even have an instance of Alchemy in it. :o

Codestation wrote: Well, there you go Windows and Alchemy (vintage) 1/1.5 users, there you go. You (we) have the one thing *THEY* don't have.
:lol:
:o
BTW "THEY" have the entire kong audio catalogue of chineese instruments and orchestra that "we" don't have

Not something insignificant either, IMO...

Those sons of MONKEY-dung flinging equestrian fondlers! How dare they!

Well. That's it. Nothing I have is good enough. I'm getting a mac. And Logic. My old version of Alchemy just sucks now.

Return to “Instruments”