Camel Audio ceasing sales? [Update: CA acquired by Apple]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

Apple is thinking look at 330 posts for the post mortem Alchemy. Most are PC people that love Alchemy so much that they will convert to the MAC fanclub.
Perhaps start a poll to see who will sell their PC and get a Mac.

Kalamata Kid wrote:Apple is thinking look at 330 posts for the post mortem Alchemy. Most are PC people that love Alchemy so much that they will convert to the MAC fanclub.
I'll buy Omnisphere 2 and Serum to compliment The Mangle and my MMultibandGranularizer first! :P :P :wheee:
Bandcamp: https://suitcaseoflizards.bandcamp.com/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4kuy ... Dx4ziLn3ng
Now a Relay Radio DJ! http:/www.relay-radio.com

Kalamata Kid wrote:Apple is thinking....
Since when? :hihi:

Kalamata Kid wrote:Apple is thinking look at 330 posts for the post mortem Alchemy. Most are PC people that love Alchemy so much that they will convert to the MAC fanclub.
That would be a terrible idea. Apple have greatly reduced their manufacturing standards compared to the good old Steve Job's days. Poor low quality solder, Flimsy messy mainboards etc(especially compared to their old models). 2011 was the last great run of high quality Mac manufacturing, Now they are built way way cheaper and to break after a couple of years but they cost more. I switched to Mac from PC when Logic moved over to them and the laptops and G5 were manufacturing achievements and Apple really cared about their reputation and the products they made but now even the unibody is lower quality.
Having been in manufacturing for over a decade I can say they are very very low quality compared to (gasp) Asus motherboards etc and Apple are treating their "Pro" community like dumb rich apes eager to just drop huge amounts of cash for a brand.....Of course they do with out even thinking about it. I went back to PC and built a pc at under half the price of a Mac Pro and the components are of a much higher standard to any thing Apple churns out and way more powerful.

I wish that Apple had bought IKM instead, because there's a company I really don't care about.

Think about it, they are all about making musical iToys.
It would have made MUCH more sense.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Dammit the announcement came when I was without... internet...

I shall be brief:

Apple. Release Alchemy 2 for windows and mac, otherwise f**k you.

Ben H wrote:I wish that Apple had bought IKM instead, because there's a company I really don't care about.

Think about it, they are all about making musical iToys.
It would have made MUCH more sense.
They have a closer relationship with Apogee, a direct competitor to IK (in regard to their portable interfaces). I also get the impression that IK is woefully mismanaged, which probably makes them an unsavory acquisition compared to Camel Audio.

Ben H wrote:I wish that Apple had bought IKM instead, because there's a company I really don't care about.
Haha... the fact that just about EVERYBODY would agree with this statement is probably the exact reason why Apple isn't going to bother trying to buy out the IKM guys :hihi:

IKM is of THE EVILZZ!!!!!!! :o :o :shock:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

I guess IKM is at least ten times bigger than Camel Audio?

tonkatodd wrote:
That would be a terrible idea. Apple have greatly reduced their manufacturing standards compared to the good old Steve Job's days. Poor low quality solder, Flimsy messy mainboards etc(especially compared to their old models). 2011 was the last great run of high quality Mac manufacturing, Now they are built way way cheaper and to break after a couple of years but they cost more. I switched to Mac from PC when Logic moved over to them and the laptops and G5 were manufacturing achievements and Apple really cared about their reputation and the products they made but now even the unibody is lower quality.
Having been in manufacturing for over a decade I can say they are very very low quality compared to (gasp) Asus motherboards etc and Apple are treating their "Pro" community like dumb rich apes eager to just drop huge amounts of cash for a brand.....Of course they do with out even thinking about it. I went back to PC and built a pc at under half the price of a Mac Pro and the components are of a much higher standard to any thing Apple churns out and way more powerful.
Ok perhaps as per Albert.VST above, Apple is not thinking.

tonkatodd,

So apple may be wrong about how many converts there will be to Mac computers chasing Alchemy 2. I believe the number to be low but that is is why I propose a Poll.

I was not aware of the declining quality of Apple products. Sell my Apple stock?

In a similar note: Judging by CA conduct the ties to a PC version of Alchemy have been severed and will only be repaired when Logic becomes PC compatible.

mhog wrote:I guess IKM is at least ten times bigger than Camel Audio?
Yeah. But it is more fun to suggest IKM ... just so IKM is no longer around to be picked on.

Remember. IKM is EVIL!!!!! :shock: :scared:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

tonkatodd wrote:
Actually, this is not true. Despite the fact that you have ten years in manufacturing.

- obviously you're not the only one !

:hihi:

trimph1 wrote:
mhog wrote:I guess IKM is at least ten times bigger than Camel Audio?
Yeah. But it is more fun to suggest IKM ... just so IKM is no longer around to be picked on.

Remember. IKM is EVIL!!!!! :shock: :scared:
who's the worst evil, on that ground the contest is highly ferocious, mind you !!!!!

Return to “Instruments”