Camel Audio ceasing sales? [Update: CA acquired by Apple]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

Maybe he just wanted to see KVR spazz out :hihi:

Mojo42 wrote:Seems that I have brought the thread to life again :lol:

Maybe I will add something later, because now I first need to eat something and stereotypical follow my rituals in watching my serial :lol: :wink:

But it is actually new for me that autists are suffering, but I agree that it can be impossible to survive without the help of others for some who actually are completely trapped into their own world. But if they suffer is the question. I´m posting at a autism forum and it has over 6000 members, none of them said something about suffering. I only see their relatives and partners constantly complaining about how horrible autism is........for them, for the relatives and the partners. But of course: Autists who are posting at a forum are high functional of course and so we have to make differences I guess.
Who likes to admit he/she's suffering (even if he/she really does)? Most people are trying to appear fully functional and normal, only a few people are showing their suffering publicly to get more compassion... (BTW, I don't have Asperger but anxiety disorders, I wouldn't tell everyone how much I'm suffering because it's none of their business...)

I thought this was about Camels...?

So did anyone get any news from the sound design panel at Namm?

Did BenG rock up in a gold-plated Hummer or was he, as I expect, not in attendance (Hummers break down a lot, apparently...)

Camels? i thought this was about a missing person called Al Chemy?
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote:Camels? i thought this was about a missing person called Al Chemy?
No, "Chemical Ali" doesn't live anymore... :shrug:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Hassan_al-Majid

Jace-BeOS wrote:Camels? i thought this was about a missing person called Al Chemy?
Well, it's better than Al Bendova.

hibidy wrote:
Well, it's better than Al Bendova.
Or Ben Dover Jr . :dog:

Ok so Apple just reported the most profitable quarter in corporate history....as in ever.....of any corporation. 18 Billion dollars....profit......

So why would such a corporate giant need Camel Audio ? And if they did why the need for a Draconian NDA ?

I just wish they had announced the news before then end of trading today as it might have stopped the market from sliding 291 points and beating the crap out of my meager portfolio.... :cry:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

It seems that many here aren't at all familiar with Apple or it's way of working...
Teksonik wrote:So why would such a corporate giant need Camel Audio ?
Two reasons. Firstly, Apple has a big problem finding extremely talented developers.
Secondly, they would have wanted either the IP, or the brains behind the IP, to work on their products, or incorporate the technology in some way, most likely for audio projects like the Logic development team, but not necessarily so.
Teksonik wrote:And if they did why the need for a Draconian NDA ?
That's how they roll. Apple have very aggressive business policies and they are notoriously secretive about letting anyone outside the relevant parties in the company know what they are doing. They don't talk about these acquisitions at all.

And a lot of talented developers, formerly engaged with the community, disappear and are swallowed up in Apple's black hole of secrecy, never to be publicly heard from again - it's one of the down sides of Apple making these acquisitions...

So... all people here got screwed by CA (all money credits lost, vapourware products all at once, no advance warning, no official statement, lack of communication, no news, nothing at all)... but hey, "after all Apple needs extremely talented developers"... wow... :roll:

I just would like to read an official statement after 21 days, rather than zigzagging here between die-hard fanboys and pictures of camels :hihi:

beely wrote:It seems that many here aren't at all familiar with Apple or it's way of working...
And you're an expert......... :lol:
beely wrote:Firstly, Apple has a big problem finding extremely talented developers.
Yes I can see how a giant like Apple would have trouble finding talent......... :lol:
beely wrote:And a lot of talented developers, formerly engaged with the community, disappear and are swallowed up in Apple's black hole of secrecy, never to be publicly heard from again - it's one of the down sides of Apple making these acquisitions...
Examples ? Besides Redmatica and Logic..........I'm talking about this community.......

But I suppose the prime suspect is still Apple. I guess like we buy yet another VA plugin they just buy the Developer............. :wink:

Still waiting for proof from someone who actually does know........
Last edited by Teksonik on Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

mhog wrote:I just would like to read an official statement after 21 days, rather than zigzagging here between die-hard fanboys and pictures of camels :hihi:
You need a break with a good drink (doesn't contain apple)!

This is all just offtopic (good joke eh? :lol: ) if you are not interested just skip :D
jondl_2000 wrote: As the parent of a college bound young man diagnosed as 'high functioning' Aspergers, while in grade school, I will express my gratitude for your efforts. Thank you Mojo42, you made my day :-)

FWIW, my son wishes to pursue a degree in music education - auditions start next month!
Thanks for feedback, I`m glad that my words could make you happy :)
jondl_2000 wrote: However, with maturity he's developed his awareness of those around him and the ability to moderate his conduct. Now I would go so far as to say he's swung the opposite direction and developed a heightened sense of awareness towards the feelings of others.
Similar developement in my case. As a child I was not much interested into others. I even didn`t like it to get touched or kissed or something like that, I avoided contact as good as I could and I was happy when they all left me alone.

Nowadays it is completely different. I even was married for 10 years and had other relationships, I even like sex a lot, I have got a good understanding with my family, my best friends and also with my boss and with my coworkers. They all attest me to be even very empathetic. My profession is carer for disabled people and so I should be empathetic otherwise I couldn`t make my job. I just have got problems with strangers or people I just get to know, because of the danger of missunderstandings. This is still a problem, but I`m learning. This means: No there is no cure against autism, but developement is definitely possible, but it has to be voluntary and it cannot be forced in any way.
jondl_2000 wrote: I've always maintained the challenges of adolescence would serve him well into adulthood - I'm reasonably confident he's on the right path.
He is a lucky guy that he has a father (mother?) like you who accept him the way he is. There is no greater love parents can give to their children.
Jace-BeOS wrote:
chk071 wrote:So when it's not a disease, what is it then? Does it have to be bad to be able to name it a "disease"? Obviously there's something functioning differently.
It is not a disease. It is a configuration. Disease is a totally different classification of human ailment. You should look up the definitions of "disease", "disorder", and "syndrome".

Asperger's Syndrome is, as it says right there in the name, a syndrome. A syndrome is not a disease. It is a collection of symptoms/traits/features that appear to be interrelated which are not caused by biological infection or progressive degeneration.

The autism spectrum: a sliding scale of how affected a person is by the features of autism.

Asperger's Syndrome is a form of autism, which is classified as a "pervasive developmental disorder". This means it is an "abnormal" process of development from birth-onward, that impacts pretty much every aspect of human development (learning, behavior, personality, health, body function, etc).

Many people with this diagnosis reject the notion of being "broken" or having a disorder. These are often the people who are very functional, not the stereotyped children seen in the media. When you look at the variety of human neurology and functionality, high-functioning autism seems actually very common (there are more people undiagnosed than diagnosed, and it gets kind of hard to really determine where the cut off point is for the diagnosis being meaningful or relevant, in comparison to average human beings not otherwise diagnosed with any disorders).

IMO: Autism is more likely just another example of how we, as a society, have started to finally acknowledge that different people have different strengths and weaknesses, and different learning styles (some people learn best by reading, some by doing, some by hearing, some by watching; and many of the people who are best in one area will have an area they are poor in). There is a hypothesis that autistic persons do not possess the same developmental process of observation and mimicry of those around them; V. S. Ramachandran (an interesting neurologist who i personally think is super autistic) refers to this neurological feature as "mirror neurons". It goes some distance to show that autistic people miss learning certain social cues because they don't watch them as children, and therefore don't adopt use of them themselves. This doesn't mean they never do or cannot.

Most common in the media is the presentation of troubled children with speech problems, behavioral problems, and self-harming behaviors, but these are stereotypes created by what's the most socially upsetting examples of the condition. There are countless people who meet the diagnostic criteria without having any outward sign of being problematic, troubled, unhealthy, etc. There are so many undiagnosed adults that WOULD HAVE BEEN diagnosed if they grew up as children of TODAY, who found their way through life, sometimes falling through the cracks in the system (like in school and work) and sometimes being very successful because of their deep focus on topics that they found to be marketable skills.

The condition doesn't "go away" as you get older, and you cannot "cure" it. The cause is unknown and it has been a huge debate about whether it has become a suddenly more common thing, or if we are simply paying more attention to it. Frankly, i think it's a little of both. i think we're poisoning our environment and selves so much that there has to be a result in the gene pool. No, it was not caused by vaccines! It might not even be "caused" but becoming more prominent and finding a place (as much as it makes people feel horribly out of place). Just like sociopaths are more successful in the rank capitalism of the USA than a sensitive and empathetic person would be, a tech-obsessed autistic computer geek is way more successful in a tech-happy environment ;-) Someone like Bill Gates is an example. If the social deficits do not overpower the more useful features (hyper focus), and if the person grows up in an enabling environment (as Gates did), then the person can actually be quite successful due to these traits that the media likes to call a disorder. [EDIT: i don't claim to know if Bill Gates acknowledges being autistic. i am using him as an example of what i think is a likely example. If i've outed him, well, i don't think it'll hurt him!]
Thanks for your trial to explain something. Maybe it helps to improve the communication between autists and neurotypical. People always hate what they don`t understand, that`s just human. And so: To explain something can make peace on earth, but of course also the attempt to understand something.
Jace-BeOS wrote: By the way... i'm diagnosed as high functioning autistic. i don't need the diagnosis. It's is irrelevant. i grew up, had relationships, bought a car, a house, etc, just like anyone that lucks out to get a job with the money to offer those things. i sought the diagnosis in a panic after considerable harassment in the workplace, in order to get accommodation. That didn't work. i got stigmatized and treated horribly for it (i was even the target of a focused hate blog/campaign because i made a bit of a public figure of myself while on psych drugs).
This reaction of the non autist is unfortunately so typical that it is in general recommended not to talk about such a diagnosis. I decided myself to handle it open and honesty despite the danger of being completely missunderstood and stigmatized. Until now I could make good experiances with speaking openly about it and I hope that it will stay this way, but I have heard horrible stories from other autists about their coming out. The reactions of the environment seems to be similar to the reactions on gay people 30 years ago.
Jace-BeOS wrote: i am an example of the kind of person who fell through the cracks in the system, because my learning style is utterly incompatible with the public school system of indoctrination and binge & purge rote memorization (it's called the Prussian-industrial model). i learn by seeing and doing. Kinesthetic learning style. i'm also painfully empathetic, compulsively honest, law-abiding, and very good at understanding human behavior. i'm not a caricature of a disorder (though psych drugs made me into that for a few years).

You might think my verboseness here is an example of stereotyped autism (obsession or lack of comprehending cues to be brief), but it's actually a willful behavior that developed as a compensation for growing up having been constantly misunderstood, mistreated, and people presuming the wrong things about me. (sigh... you could say it's overcompensation, maybe) When presented with people who are inquiring about something that matters to me, like this subject, i choose to see an opportunity to provide information at the risk of the response "TL;DR". People can read it or not. Thanks for at least inquiring. Seeking to understand our fellow human beings is how we defeat xenophobia.
Thanks for your open words, they touched me and I can exactly understand how you feel and also why you couldn`t make it short :wink: If you wish to talk about, feel free to pm me. If you don`t wish to talk about it, it is also okay for me.
Tricky-Loops wrote:In the end Ben might really have Asperger and wasn't empathetic enough to tell his despaired customers the plain truth of what happened...

(No, impossible, aren't all Asperger people painfully honest? :P)
At least he is empathetic enough not to make silly Aspie jokes :wink: 8) :P :lol:

Like this for example:
Tricky-Loops wrote:
Mojo42 wrote:Seems that I have brought the thread to life again :lol:

Maybe I will add something later, because now I first need to eat something and stereotypical follow my rituals in watching my serial :lol: :wink:

But it is actually new for me that autists are suffering, but I agree that it can be impossible to survive without the help of others for some who actually are completely trapped into their own world. But if they suffer is the question. I´m posting at a autism forum and it has over 6000 members, none of them said something about suffering. I only see their relatives and partners constantly complaining about how horrible autism is........for them, for the relatives and the partners. But of course: Autists who are posting at a forum are high functional of course and so we have to make differences I guess.

Who likes to admit he/she's suffering (even if he/she really does)? Most people are trying to appear fully functional and normal, only a few people are showing their suffering publicly to get more compassion...
Why should they hide themselves? It is not one of the main characteristics of Aspergers Syndrom to hide oneself. Look at the post of Jace-BeOS, that`s typical. They are posting at the autism forum for to share their problems there. Problems, but not suffering because they are autistic. They talk about the problems how the society reacts on autism. Okay they also talk about their problems with some limits they feel, when it comes to conversation and relationship for example. So: It is not all happy shiny in the Aspies world, but in general the most are more than satisfied with themselve and among each other the communication mainly works well. Not always but way better than outside of the forum.
Tricky-Loops wrote: (BTW, I don't have Asperger but anxiety disorders, I wouldn't tell everyone how much I'm suffering because it's none of their business...)
You did already. Telling us how much you are suffering. You can`t compare anxiety disorders with autism. Autists are not very anxious, apart from the fear someone could disturb their daily plan or could disturb they at whatever they do at a certain moment, playing around with a Synthesizer for example :lol:

So: Why should they fear to tell that they suffer? By the way: Google helps for all relevant questions about this theme. I guess the others rather wish to talk about Camels and such........

But for the case that I`m wrong with my guess that the Camel theme is more important for the most we can make a nice group session and talk all about our problems :lol: I am open for all 8)
Simplicity without a name, is free from all external aim. With no desire, at rest and still,
all things go right as of their will.
Daodejing verse 37

^^^^^ Seriously ?

Return to “Instruments”