Camel Audio ceasing sales? [Update: CA acquired by Apple]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

wagtunes wrote:
Ameyah Audio wrote:
wagtunes wrote:So how much weight do you guys give to the comment from the person at Audio Jungle? Think it might be true?
what? where?
Reader's Digest version. Supposedly CA closed shop because of the new VAT laws.
If it was that simple, then why wasn't this explanation posted on their site? - 'Due to new VAT laws, Camel Audio is forced to close it's doors, etc.'

goldenanalog wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Ameyah Audio wrote:
wagtunes wrote:So how much weight do you guys give to the comment from the person at Audio Jungle? Think it might be true?
what? where?
Reader's Digest version. Supposedly CA closed shop because of the new VAT laws.
If it was that simple, then why wasn't this explanation posted on their site? - 'Due to new VAT laws, Camel Audio is forced to close it's doors, etc.'
Hey, I'm just mailman. I deliver it. I don't create it.

At this point, I don't even care anymore. All I want is to be able to get a hold of Alchemy and that ain't gonna happen.

Time to just move on.

I have absolutely nothing to contribute to this thread, as I have never actually bought any Camel Audio products, (though I have been known to use CamelCrusher from time to time).

I just kind of felt left out, what with the 4000 posts and all.

:shrug:

herodotus wrote: I just kind of felt left out, what with the 4000 posts and all.
:shrug:

I guess you can interpret it as some kind of "Occupy Camel Audio" movement.

I'm kinda puzzled too.
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

trimph1 wrote:This thread has lost the plot!!! :wheee: :wheee: :party: :drunk: :drunk:
What else do you do when there are no sharks to jump?
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

t3toooo wrote:I guess you can interpret it as some kind of "Occupy Camel Audio" movement.
Does it make me evil that I really want to buy occupycamelaudio.com and set up a forum there?

herodotus wrote:Does it make me evil that I really want to buy occupycamelaudio.com and set up a forum there?
You should do it just to see if you get Apple's lawyers on your case. :wink:

Jace-BeOS wrote:
trimph1 wrote:This thread has lost the plot!!! :wheee: :wheee: :party: :drunk: :drunk:
What else do you do when there are no sharks to jump?
Er, uh, I mean camels to jump.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Maybe these guys can help this thread

Maybe not...

Well, it's not totally appropriate, but what the hell, it's the best one I could find.

goldenanalog wrote:Maybe these guys can help this thread

http://www.abc.net.au/news/image/505014 ... 40x627.jpg

Maybe not...
What, the soylent green guys?

Look for it soon near you!

Life was going to get interesting for Camel, it seems.... Someone else found a similar - not quite the same - hole I found in their copy protection.....

OK- Now we're getting somewhere!

dnekm wrote:Life was going to get interesting for Camel, it seems.... Someone else found a similar - not quite the same - hole I found in their copy protection.....
Luckily, Camel Audio found a hole in the space time continuum and escaped.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Return to “Instruments”