Camel Audio ceasing sales? [Update: CA acquired by Apple]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

Voice303 wrote:How big of a role did Oliver have at Camel Audio? It could have just been Ben in on the discussion with Apple for all we know.
I believe this is, precisely, the point. :tu:

Whatever it was, it happened 'rather abruptly.'

I think you're missing the obvious. A tech isn't going to say to somebody, "Sorry, I can't help you after tomorrow because we're shutting down." If he knew beforehand, I am sure he was told to conduct business as normal.

I was in the same situation with my old company before they were bought out. I was not allowed to say anything even though I knew. I had to "pretend" everything was normal.

That's just the way it is unfortunately.

wagtunes wrote:I think you're missing the obvious.

I think you're missing the subtle. It was a support request, but the tech actually went out of his way to put it up on the public forum for others to see the ongoing progress that was apparently going to happen around solving the issue. Again - the day before the public forum went into total lock-down. That's going a pretty long way to "pretend" everything is normal.

Seriously - it's at least a *little* weird, no??

jlanthier wrote:
wagtunes wrote:I think you're missing the obvious.

I think you're missing the subtle. It was a support request, but the tech actually went out of his way to put it up on the public forum for others to see the ongoing progress that was apparently going to happen around solving the issue. Again - the day before the public forum went into total lock-down. That's going a pretty long way to "pretend" everything is normal.

Seriously - it's at least a *little* weird, no??
I was forced to do the same thing. So weird? No. Pretty normal for takeovers.

You need to understand, you can't show the least bit that there is anything unusual in the works.

Until you've worked for a company that has gone through something like this you can't possibly understand the lengths they will go to in order to keep a sense of "order" until the rug is pulled right out from the customers.

It was my last job (back in 2000) and since then I have gone into business for myself because I was sick of all the corporate BS.

Voice303 wrote: How big of a role did Oliver have at Camel Audio? It could have just been Ben in on the discussion with Apple for all we know.
So......Hey Oliver this is Ben. You're out of a job. No warning, no clue ? That seems a bit cruel and out of character. :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

wagtunes wrote: You need to understand, you can't show the least bit that there is anything unusual in the works.

Until you've worked for a company that has gone through something like this you can't possibly understand the lengths they will go to in order to keep a sense of "order" until the rug is pulled right out from the customers.
Oh come on............... :roll:

This wasn't some Fortune 500 mega corp......it was just a bunch of seemingly nice folks from up North........

"Send me a file tomorrow" is hardly the actions of someone who knew he wouldn't be around the next day.......

Why bother posting at all 24 hours before the lights go out ?
Last edited by Teksonik on Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:
Voice303 wrote: How big of a role did Oliver have at Camel Audio? It could have just been Ben in on the discussion with Apple for all we know.
So......Hey Oliver this is Ben. You're out of a job. No warning, no clue ? That seems a bit cruel and out of character. :?
Exactly. We were told by our company months in advance. Yes, months.

We have no idea how long this thing has been in the works nor will we ever know if there was in fact a buyout.

Teksonik wrote:
We've seen it here. Numerous times.

This is just one reason I suspect that buyout was the issue.

:?
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Teksonik wrote:
wagtunes wrote: You need to understand, you can't show the least bit that there is anything unusual in the works.

Oh come on............... :roll:

This wasn't some Fortune 500 mega corp......it was just a bunch of seemingly nice folks from up North........

"Send me a file tomorrow" is hardly the actions of someone who new he wouldn't be around the next day.......

Why bother posting at all 24 hours before the lights go out ?
Nor was I working for a mega 500 corp. I was working for a small company that got bought out. That's when crap like this happens.

But whatever. Believe whatever makes you happy. Believe that nobody had a clue except the company owner.

Doesn't matter to me either way. CA is dead. That's one thing I am now sure of.

wagtunes wrote:
Teksonik wrote:
Exactly. We were told by our company months in advance. Yes, months.
We have no idea how long this thing has been in the works nor will we ever know if there was in fact a buyout.
Stop confusing mindless corporations with a couple of guys from Scotland......... :wink:

Oh and I work for one of those mindless soulless mega corps.........

trimph1 wrote: We've seen it here. Numerous times.
We have ? We've seen numerous times where a support person says send me a file knowing the company would shut down the next day or a small company keeping it's also small support staff in the dark for months of an impending buyout ?

wagtunes wrote:CA is dead. That's one thing I am now sure of.
Common ground! I knew we'd find some eventually.... :party:

:hihi:

:neutral:

:(

Teksonik wrote:
We have ? We've seen numerous times where a support person says send me a file knowing the company would shut down the next day or a small company keeping it's also small support staff in the dark for months of an impending buyout ?
I am talking about other sectors.

Remember? Restaurant? Call Centers? That type of thing?

Not everyone mind. But enough to make me go....ummmm. :?
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

wagtunes wrote: But whatever. Believe whatever makes you happy. Believe that nobody had a clue except the company owner.

Doesn't matter to me either way. CA is dead. That's one thing I am now sure of.
I don't "believe" anything since there are no facts on which to base any belief. There are certainly strong indications a buyout has happened but still no proof.

At this point it's like the last chapter of a good book is missing.....I just want to know how the story turns out...

At any rate since you're sure CA is 100% dead despite the lack of facts then I suppose you'll be moving on since you already know how the book ends....... :wink:

trimph1 wrote:I am talking about other sectors.

Remember? Restaurant? Call Centers? That type of thing?

Not everyone mind. But enough to make me go....ummmm. :?
Oh you said "here" as in KVR...............

Return to “Instruments”