January Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Happy New Year.

Gossip goes here.
No longer a moderator.

Discussion from the December gossip thread that people might have missed:
Laguna Rising wrote:
music to work out to
mmmhhhh.....
Cardio Workout Music, in a way...
it should be about the rhythm, don't you think ?
robojam wrote:But workout music could also include other forms of workout like yoga or tai chi. It doesn't have to be about a strong rhythm at all.
Hellfog wrote:So maybe it doesn't have to be "Dunka Dunka" music.
robojam wrote:I think it could be quite sedate and relaxing - I can't imagine ever doing yoga or tai chi to dance music.

Or the other approach is pumping iron - get the guitars out for some heavy rock.
Hellfog wrote:
robojam wrote:I think it could be quite sedate and relaxing - I can't imagine ever doing yoga or tai chi to dance music.

Or the other approach is pumping iron - get the guitars out for some heavy rock.
But if you are doing spinning classes or something.
Laguna Rising wrote:Oh, I see. I forgot about Yoga and other forms of workout that requires more meditative music.
The aggressive approach is tempting though
robojam wrote:Right now I'm thinking about either heavy rock or putting a new dimo on my dizi and playing something meditative.
No longer a moderator.

I'm not sure if I'm even capable of doing 'aggressive'. The last time I tried, I was told the track sounded too cheerful :shrug:

Oh well. I'll give it a try, but might slide back to yoga :scared:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Well heavy rock is out for me for a while - after not playing guitar for a long time my shredding sounds pretty terrible (not that it wasn't messy anyway).

Now where's that dizi....

Although after an evening of playing around with various things I think I may end up doing something more along the lines of what people were originally thinking...

i missed the deadline of the psychedelic contest. so i have something to work out. :scared:
"It dreamed itself along"

Good entry Robojam

And you win a free Learjet 35 for being the first entry this month

Follow this link to download your free JET :clap:
http://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/ ... 35-update/

:party: :hihi: :phones:
Last edited by peppy197 on Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heinrich Heine wrote: "Nothing is more futile than theorizing about music."
Me write: "I have no talent and regularly prove it in the Music Cafe contests"

Thanks, I appreciate it - especially as that kind of track is somewhat outside of my comfort zone.

Off to fly my new Lear Jet now! :hyper:

Just out of interest, what is the status of Camel Audio offering a prize this month?

I don't know. I just saw the news when I got up. My guess is it will not be available. I'll try to get official word.
No longer a moderator.

Got official word. No more Camel Audio prize, so I've removed that from the submissions post.

Thanks to Ben and all at Camel Audio for your years of generosity.
No longer a moderator.

Always sad to hear when another audio company goes out of business :(
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

robojam wrote:Right now I'm thinking about either heavy rock or putting a new dimo on my dizi and playing something meditative.
[/quote]

FIrst off, it's been a longgggggg time since I've entered the ole song cafe contests (2007ish?) maybe not many remember me that well, only did a few entries and stopped because I would either place very well on peoples personal list, or I would be reprimanded, or even hated upon a bit and so I was a bit bitter. Looking back on it, all of my entrys were just organic recordings - vocals/guitar/drums..and then I'd throw in a reason 3.0 pad so I could qualify as 'eclectic' ...my bad!

Anyways, I float back here from time to time as music is a full time job and has been now since 2010. I just so happened to click on this months entry (and since im in the super health mode work out everyday' new yr thingie that usually lasts aboutta month...I found this to be a GREAT topic at 1st thought. However....it seems much too open. I mean, what do we listen to when we workout? well, generally what we like to listen to normally..but maybe more of the heart pounding tempo type to keep the mind over body.

which leads me to my concern. I quoted Robojam because this is the type of music I like to workout to. Definitaly not black metal/ slayer stuff...but stuff that keeps your breathing in sync and the endorphins flowing hard. I think that is the basis for what everybody wants...but that is just so different for everybody.

I have just set up my new home portable studio (black lion motu track 16 sound card which for the $ i LOVEEEE) and I'd like to do some non-work related stuff like this, and in fact I would like to possibly write a tune for this contest.

But okay, I keep evading the issue here, so I'll just say it. I don't think anybody is going to just submit random work whether they wrote it for a 'workout' because this is all just for fun..and that is..well, pointless waste of time and most of all NO FUN!. However, are there really any key factors that I should put into my song of this broad category so as to avoid accusation? I looked over the rules, didnt see much, but wanted to get this all out on the table now BEFORE I write this piece.

Some of you may wonder why it seems there is a slight stick up my ass. Well, it might be because the last time I did enter (was my 3rd unconsecutive, was not well known at all in the song contest sector) the 1st half of voting my song was actually somewhere near the top somewhere around 1-3 if I remember right. BUt then somebody who was quite popular in the cliche mentioned in his voting that he liked my song, but didnt put me in because he didnt believe that I wrote it, or didn't write it at that time, and because he had this 'feeling' I was left out. After his comment, I think I maybe got 1 more vote the rest of the month. :P this was totally not a big deal...but I did put a lot of soul into that piece of music and it was slightly offensive, but whatever, nothing to cry about, as i had a piece of music I had made under specific restriction that I was proud of. However, it did make me never enter a contest again..which may or may not be a shame depending who you ask :wink

So to end this caffienated ramble. I would really like to make a workout song for this month. fun, easy and have exact ideas in mind. But I will be seen as a new member. and in case the song is okay, I would like a fair chance. So I kindly ask what special includsions/actions can I do so I can be on the same playing field as the regulars? And everyone, please understand I'm ONLY writing this because of the broad subject. If it was another subject less broad that I wanted to do, I'd just take my chances.

Thanks guys much in advance! I look forward to making workout tunes...mainly so I can actually workout to them while I'm still in the 'I believe I'm gonna workout for the rest of my life' mode... :)
"You must not only aim aright, but draw the bow with all your might."

The newer rules about describing the kit you use helps reduce such accusations.

musicjock, I don't understand what you're asking.
No longer a moderator.

Return to “Music Cafe”