Now Hive is here, is it RIP Sylenth?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2 Sylenth1

I'm not sure if now all existing Sylenth users will replace Sylenth with Hive. We had some other synth (IMO better sounding and with more features and better support) after the release of Sylenth but I have not seen a big move away from Sylenth.
I remember if Sylenth was released... it was not a love at the first sight. It needs month (years) and dozens of presets to change this.

He he he he he he he :D

So price is dumped to combat Hive :P
Sylenth1 Christmas sale: 40% off until December 26th

http://www.lennardigital.com/store/

I don't think that's the reason, neither do I think Sylenth needs to "fear" Hive. What 4damind wrote probably holds true. It would take a long time for people who are used to use Sylenth and presets to switch to another synth. Also, regardless what's being written or said, they are 2 different animals. And there's almost an entire genre with "that" signature sound. Don't think that'll change tomorrow.

Btw. Dune2 goes a lot deeper. If it comes to a limited feature set and "close to Sylenth"... We speak about Hive. If understand Urs correctly, Hive was developed after a lot of requests in the direction "make a synth similar to Sylenth". It seems that also the Waveform is similar (I saw a image with the clean model compared to a Sylenth saw and there was not so much difference).

U-he guys were kind enough and let us try the Hive beta as a "consolation prize" (so to speak), since it was supposed to come out before 2015. Unfortunatelly it comes with only six presets, so one cannot taste its power. The first patch is not even comparable to the original "preset n.1" in Sylenth1 (IMHO). Sylenth1 has the "wow" factor, it is a question of sound. Hive is still in the "mmmh" phase. Not a Sylenth1 killer, for sure. I would compare it to RP Predator.

4damind wrote:I'm not sure if now all existing Sylenth users will replace Sylenth with Hive.
Being a Win guy and a long-term Sylenth user, I feel no need to replace it with anything. It is pretty good at what it does.

However, for the newcomers and Mac owners, who need a workhorse "dance" synth, Hive may be a better investment, at least given full compatibility with current systems and the overall U-he reputation.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Why does kvr get stuck into continually thinking it is one versus the other? Stop the nonsense! :bang: There is no battle here.. get both -- they play well together. :hihi:

Yah, you're right. Even though I must admit I love threads like these. :hihi:

VitaminD wrote:Why does kvr get stuck into continually thinking it is one versus the other? Stop the nonsense! :bang: There is no battle here.. get both -- they play well together. :hihi:
Would youtube exist without top 10 lists?

It's a worldwide curse :hihi:

VitaminD wrote:Why does kvr get stuck into continually thinking it is one versus the other? Stop the nonsense! :bang: There is no battle here.. get both -- they play well together. :hihi:
"Obsolescence", I guess. For instance, I've been waiting for Sylenth1 64bit AU since 2008 :dog: No updates since then. I've been waiting for Vanguard2, too. These are "milestones", the kings to be "killed" (but never die).

May be because some people are not dripping with money, or don't have enough time to learn all existing synths, or even both
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

It's not just KVR - to some extent, worryingly, it's human nature and I don't think any of us are immune. I sometimes find myself doing plugin comparisons - all too easy to forget that the old plugin did the job fine before.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Just Tried Dune 2 I really like it. It's not the same sound as HIVE so at some point I might also get DUNE 2 if I get hooked on it's sound.

I think Hive is a much cooler name than sylenth - that always looks like a speling error.

Now who dares to lower the bar any further? :D

fese wrote:I think Hive is a much cooler name than sylenth - that always looks like a speling error.
it's the only synth with a speech impediment :ud:

Return to “Instruments”