Any Spectrasonics news?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 1

Caine123 wrote:butthurt? ;D
Not at all.
Considering your recent answer - it seems to be the other way around.

Caine123 wrote:i achieved some musicproductions with different projects already (i cannot live from them but enjoy the music producing) but wont publish those here to battle with di*klengths or egopushing like some seem to need it? and im glad with the music i do, also won 2 OSCs which made me very proud as musicians each other show a lot of respect and i could learn a lot from everyone, will get back to osc again but never had/have the target to win......
Wow - I stand corrected in terms of releasing songs.

So I checked the OSC's from most recent down to 30 - you actually did get among top 10 to top 5 a couple of times, and actually also first place once. Then again, most of the time with synths that already came with a load of great presets to begin with (OSC 68: Synth1/7th Place, OSC 60 Any One Synth/8th place with U-HE DIVA, OSC 59 Synapse Junglist/6th place, OSC 58: Linplug Spectral/5th place, OSC 57: Tunefish/first place).

However - this doesn't tell me much to be honest. Especially compared to a lot of people on OSC that are also part of the KVR Mix Challenge, and rule the scoreboards on both challenges.

Caine123 wrote:i dont need to praise myself with it here but wanted to let you know that i enjoy it instead of snaking around reading my posts and bashing like a snake against me ;)....
Right...

Caine123 wrote:no wonder why i blocked your posts as you are always trying to express how RIGHT you are and have so much knowledge! yes you are awesome, sorry that i doubted it, i just wanted to read what you were posting about omnisphere 2, i will continue ignoring your posts here as you are too good for me and im just a mere idiot who asks for new tools with too much money i guess :)! rock on! :tu:
Says the person that still asks for "what is the best" and "do I need more" or "how to do this/that", yet vanishes from the thread(s) after the first post.

And says the very same person that I invited(!!!) to my studio to pick up an iLok that I sold back in the day, which turned out to be "allegedly broken" (even after I showed that it worked in my studio - yet you got a full refund!), and I even gave you free advice on certain things. Because all you wanted to do was to "produce great beats". You even came back at me several times in terms of asking "how to reproduce this sound" - and I helped on KVR every time.

But in the end, radio silence towards all of us who tried to "help" you.

You need to get your act straight at some point. You don't need any more tools. You are actually spoiled with them - you even told me back in the day how much money you invested - yet don't seem to get to get anywhere with the tools you own and constantly want something new.

So comments like "I can't wait" and "sadly it's not here yet" clearly tells me that you don't give anything on actually learning your tools (also if I consider the OSC entries). You rather hope to get a synth or plugin set that get's you "there" at an instant (which is actually not bad if you're on a constant timer or not "that" skilled - I have a couple of clients that go that route - so being a "preset jockey" is not a bad thing). However - if it doesn't work out the way you want (even if the tool in question is working flawlessly and you just don't like the sound/CP mechanism/price/etc), you rather take the easy route and bark up the tree of developers that they are "sh*t and a ripoff", and that you want your money back.

Sorry that not everyone sticks up with your shenanigans. But hey, if you rather want to use the mute function (like others that feel similar vibes towards me) - I'm fine with that.

But in all honesty - I will just sit back and wait for Spectrasonics to actually release Omnisphere 2 - maybe even announce RMX v2 and Trillian v2 in the process. In the meantime, I'll post here and there to put some different opinions into the large think tank here on KVR. Until then, I am happy with what I have and get my workd done. I don't have any(!) issues with both waiting time or an upgrade fee of 200-250USD after over 5 years of owning one of Spectrasonic's synths and not running into any issues whatsoever (unlike hosts - different issue!).

I've seen enough arrogance and ignorance in the last 20 years being in the audio realm. Nothing new to me, and actually not worth going all out on it.

But a nice day regardless. :tu:

EDIT:
Tuned down the post a bit - and warning duly noted.
Last edited by Compyfox on Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Er isn't this getting a bit personal? Maybe go to PM?

indeed it's getting too personal ...cool it guys.

I can wait for Omnisphere 2.

It would be a perfect time to save the cash for it.

249 into ... oh...6 weeks?
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

I knew I should have sold omni :x

Christ, I don't even know what I could get for it now :roll:

hibidy wrote:I knew I should have sold omni :x

Christ, I don't even know what I could get for it now :roll:
You should burn your computer and take samples of playing it while its burning, then send a job application to Eric Persing :tu:

Bonus points for accidentally lighting Jordan Rudees beard on fire during the process :wink:
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

:lol:

midihead wrote:Man, this thread was a tough read. LOTS of whining to slog through. ;)

Does anyone mind if I share my thoughts since I actually played with Omnisphere 2 myself?

First, let me say how astonished I was at how stable the current build was that I was using at NAMM. We still have 4 months to go before release and I can't usually use the word "stable" when talking about other software this far out from release that I've played with.

Second, I was using a 2 year old iMac without any trouble. CPU didn't even blink.

Third, those DSP waveforms are a HUGE addition. This is probably my favorite upgrade. The morphing capabilities change so many characteristics of each waveform that it's going to be near impossible to run out of ideas and sonic possibilities. It really becomes more like 400 x 1 bazillion (if it could be a number)... and they sound frikken amazing! Especially when you add the new Unison with Detune Drift? Super fat!

Forth, the 25 new effects are of very good quality. I particularly liked the new distortions, envelope filter, EQ's, Innerspace reverb, and the Precision Compressor. Again, multiplying the sonic possibilities.

Fifth, this a big upgrade with not just 3,000 new patches but new sampled source material as well. Speaking of which, what company goes through great risks to record stalactites in a radioactive cave so WE can enjoy these rare sounds in our own recordings?

Sixth
, major UI improvements that allowed me to zoom around with much greater ease and accuracy so I can get to making music and spend less time trying to find stuff!

I could go on, but these are my first impressions and I don't want to post a novel! Omnisphere 2 is practically a new product IMHO after having played with it myself. I can say without hesitation that the upgrade price is well worth the price of admission!
Thank you for posting your hands on experience.

Return to “Instruments”