VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Omnisphere 1

noiseboyuk wrote:It seems a little pointless to answer a third time
or even a first :shrug:

never mind

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:i also think that there needs to be more concession given to loyal users. why am i being asked to pay $249 when retail price has only risen by $100.
Hasn't the MSRP always been $499?

firepile wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:i also think that there needs to be more concession given to loyal users. why am i being asked to pay $249 when retail price has only risen by $100.
i don't know. i asked the question in the thread, and was told there was $100 difference. but it might be $100 more when it is released in april

if it is true, then omnisphere has had quite the price cut :wink:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:i am not sticking to one tool, and that's my point. i have so many tools for creating sounds, and that's before i start with effects. if anything, i could do with options being removed. really, i am already overwhelmed by decision-paralysis. more options is the last thing i need.

am i really the only one who thinks too many options can be a curse, rather than a blessing ??
Any professional usually have several (many) collections/sets of tools to get the job done (hammers, screwdrivers, plyers, etc.).

For a specific job, the professional chooses the tools he/she thinks are the most adequate, and concentrates in getting the job done.

So, yeah, it may be a curse to have too many options, but only if you don't know what to do, and how to do it. Otherwise, having options is always good.
Fernando (FMR)

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:now, again....why am i, an almost 8-year loyal customer, being asked to pay $249 when those exact same features are being given away to new customers with only a slight price hike ?? or free
Isn't the use you have gotten out of Omnisphere in the last 4-5-6 years worth anything?

fmr wrote:So, yeah, it may be a curse to have too many options, but only if you don't know what to do, and how to do it. Otherwise, having options is always good.
i guess i just don't know what to do then :shrug:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
firepile wrote:
i don't know.
I checked, it has always been $499.

https://web.archive.org/web/20090103215 ... phere.html

firepile wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:now, again....why am i, an almost 8-year loyal customer, being asked to pay $249 when those exact same features are being given away to new customers with only a slight price hike ?? or free
Isn't the use you have gotten out of Omnisphere in the last 4-5-6 years worth anything?
it is worth what i paid for it. no one told me we had to pay maintenance for yearly enjoyment :shrug:

but given that the people being asked to pay the most in total cost are the early-adopters, i guess that use is being taxed

firepile wrote:
it is worth what i paid for it. no one told me we had to pay maintenance for yearly enjoyment :shrug:
Paying for new major versions isn't something new.

firepile wrote:
firepile wrote:
i don't know.
I checked, it has always been $499.

https://web.archive.org/web/20090103215 ... phere.html
but will it be on may 1st ??

before thursday, omnisphere was worth every cent of the 499. now, according to everyone but me (apparently), the update is worth 249. i guess omni's price has been cut dramatically

I have had this thing for a few years, maybe 3(?), and I do find it a fair upgrade price.

Considering what I have seen elsewhere. When I upgrade my house I find I have to spend $$$. Check Pro-Tools or Sonar sometimes.
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

firepile wrote:
firepile wrote:
What about those of us who supported Camel Audio all these years. :shock:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

firepile wrote:
firepile wrote:
i am suggesting that when i bought the product originally, that i had the right to enjoy it for many years to come, without being made to feel guilty for having said enjoyment because i dared to suggest that the update was a bit too rich

where have i said that i am not happy to pay for major versions ?? i have just suggested that people not be forced into paying for 3000 sounds they might not want, and that there be a bit more concession to long-term customers

firepile wrote:

but given that the people being asked to pay the most in total cost are the early-adopters, i guess that use is being taxed
So much for nevermind... Really, you've made your point relentlessly over the past few pages, now stooping to ludicrous arguments. Move on - go play with Omni 1 and use some of those features you haven't got round to using yet rather than keep on and on.

Certainly quite enough from me on this particular divergence. So many more interesting things to discuss re Omni 2 as well. Such as....

3rd party libraries. I think we'll see a real explosion in the next year now they can sample import too - hope there will be some real quality stuff. One bugbear of mine has been correct integration into Spectraonics' tagging and categories - I'd hope the major players would revisit their main libs and just reorganise them for the new tags for full Omni 2 compatibility. Wonder if Spectrasonics would release the full list of the different tags uses in the different categories ahead of time to help the devs?

For that matter - Trilian. Wonder if we'll get those patches retagged? Now front pages load in Omni 2, there's no real reason to load the Trilian plugin at all if you own Omni. Ditto the Moog expansion re tagging. Lots of questions for Spectrum, wonder if he'll have recovered from NAMM to pitch in on the boards next week?
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:i have just suggested that people not be forced into paying for 3000 sounds they might not want, and that there be a bit more concession to long-term customers
I haven't seen anywhere that you're being forced to pay anything. You say you've enjoyed Omni 1, so keep on enjoying it.

Return to “Instruments”