Synth of the year - 2014 (your thought)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Parsec,love that synth

Dunno if hardware is valid but Dave smiths PRO 2 is actually the best hardware synth I have ever used
live 11 / Arturia collection / many Softube plug ins / thats it

Kaivo

Just realized how "outdated" all the synths I love to use are. I haven't bought a NEW one in years. Maybe they made them too well? :phones:

Another vote for Bazille. U-he is on fire this year (and if they release Hive... :hyper: )

1: DUNE2
2: SERUM

I'll have to vote Serum

My vote goes to Blue II - a huge step up from the previous version.

Serum - feels fresh and original among "Me Too" VSTi's
Blue II - it's great when developer keeps improving and building up existing stuff instead of churning out plugin after plugin.
Last edited by sempondr on Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1) Bazille - this is my kind of synth...
2) Pianoteq 5 - finally bought it... I use it all the time
3) Kaive - just as brilliant as Aalto
4) Dune 2 - sounds sweet and low cpu use (when will the wavetable editor be released? I hope soon)
5) Blue 2 - I still don't like the interface, but it's beast of a synth
6) Codex - the easiest to program wavetable synth I ever used

I'm almost forgetting Dark Synth (Max for Live).

Not that i've had much time to play with anything, but.... out of all the great things fellow devs have come up with this year Kaivo is probably the most interesting to me because it is using some cutting edge physical modelling techniques that haven't previously been seen in a commercially available synth (to my knowledge).

Another for Kaivo.
"THE BELLS!.....THE BELLS!....."
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

Kaivo is great indeed, it can sound so real and so strange at the same time, i love that contrast :)

btw what sort of samples you like to use with it ?
Analog electronic drum samples (Free demo pack)
http://www.syntheticwav.com

Synthetic Wav wrote:Kaivo is great indeed, it can sound so real and so strange at the same time, i love that contrast :)
One more quick reminder....Last call for Kaivo...1/2 price! "From now until December 10, all of our software is 50% off. Now is a great time to get everyone’s favorite patchable software synths for yourself or a friend. To get the discount, use the coupon code ‘dougfir‘ on any product page, just above the ‘Buy Now’ button."

http://madronalabs.com/
바보

Oddity 2 is really starting to blow me away. And it is rock solid. Bazille is right up there. There are more than a few in the running for me this year. Blue 2 is impressive, but so is Nemesis. The last few years have been harder to tell.

There are some you can eliminate because of bugs or lack of features. Some just are not intuitive or just don't sound good.

But that really is becoming the exception instead of the rule.

Will there be a tally?

Return to “Instruments”