All good things come to those who wait.. the Synth Squad 2 thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Amber (DCAM: Synth Squad) Cypher (DCAM: Synth Squad) Strobe (DCAM: Synth Squad)

murnau wrote:
emef wrote:strobe2 out on monday
really looking forward to getting me filthy mitts on that preset morphing feature :)
How do you know it's out on monday when they write "scheduled for release in September 2015"?
it shows an counter on the fxpansion website with "3" , which most likely means 3 days

Okay, thanx guys! I didn't (and never would) find this info by myself! :lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I think Angus would be OK with me saying that there will be a nicely priced upgrade available to current DCAM Synth Squad owners.

Uncle E wrote:I think Angus would be OK with me saying that there will be a nicely priced upgrade available to current DCAM Synth Squad owners.
:clap:

Will it be available from your shop too?
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Uncle E wrote:I think Angus would be OK with me saying that there will be a nicely priced upgrade available to current DCAM Synth Squad owners.
I'm soooo there, dude! :tu:

Sorry, caught up in the spirit of the lingo. JRR's going to have one extra visit on Monday :wink:
Ha ha suck it!

Good - although seeing as this is just an upgrade to Strobe and not the entire squad could not even a nicely priced upgrade turn out to be quite an expensive one if we had to go through the same upgrade path for the others too?

Good - although seeing as this is just an upgrade to Strobe and not the entire squad could not even a nicely priced upgrade turn out to be quite an expensive one if we had to go through the same upgrade path for the others too?
Yes and no..

Yes, in that upgrading all 3 synths (we're doing something a little different with Fusor that's not quite far along enough to talk about yet) will add up.

No, in that each individual upgrade costs about the same as a couple of preset packs, and ships with (in Strobe 2's case) 900 newly-created original presets; nobody is forcing you to upgrade all 3 at the same time, or indeed ever.
This account is dormant, I am no longer employed by FXpansion / ROLI.

Find me on LinkedIn or elsewhere if you need to get in touch.

ps - guess you've all seen David (7Skies) 's preview video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKSPEm9 ... youtu.be&a

Angus_FX wrote:
Yes and no..

Yes, in that upgrading all 3 synths (we're doing something a little different with Fusor that's not quite far along enough to talk about yet) will add up.

No, in that each individual upgrade costs about the same as a couple of preset packs, and ships with (in Strobe 2's case) 900 newly-created original presets; nobody is forcing you to upgrade all 3 at the same time, or indeed ever.
Forgive me if this is (most likely) both a dumb and asked-to-death question, but will Strobe 2 work in Fusor just as the original did? This isn't a separate synth altogether?
Ha ha suck it!

Aah, a video from David "Sushi" Boldini ;)

1. Was something changed/improved with the audio engine, so Strobe 2 will sound different compared to Strobe 1?

2. Is Strobe 2 a completely different plugin so if Strobe 1 was used in an existing project and it's uninstalled will the project report a missing plugin?

Apostate wrote:Forgive me if this is (most likely) both a dumb and asked-to-death question, but will Strobe 2 work in Fusor just as the original did? This isn't a separate synth altogether?
It does not work in Fusor.

4damind wrote:1. Was something changed/improved with the audio engine, so Strobe 2 will sound different compared to Strobe 1?
It's pretty much the same, now with effects.
Last edited by Uncle E on Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Uncle E wrote:
Apostate wrote:Forgive me if this is (most likely) both a dumb and asked-to-death question, but will Strobe 2 work in Fusor just as the original did? This isn't a separate synth altogether?
It does not work in Fusor.

Thank you. Will it run in Fusor upon the release of Synth Squad 2?
Ha ha suck it!

As I said before, we're doing something a little different with Fusor for v2. Its role changes somewhat now that the synths have built in arpeggiators and a very capable FX section.

We don't have any plans to release Synth Squad 2 as a bundle at this stage.

The v2 synths do not run in Fusor v1.
2. Is Strobe 2 a completely different plugin so if Strobe 1 was used in an existing project and it's uninstalled will the project report a missing plugin?
Yes. It's preset-compatible (it'll read Strobe1 presets 99% accurate - pretty much everything apart from Arpeggiator settings comes across perfectly) but it's not a 1:1 replacement. On the plus side, you can have both installed side-by-side. I don't know any way of allowing a plug-in to permit both (side-by-side & 1:1 replacement in the same plugin).

Scratch that, I just figured out a way to do it. But the thing I need won't be ready by Monday, sorry :)

Should be handy when opening old projects in the far future though - and for people who never got v1 wanting to open other peoples' v1 projects.

Return to “Instruments”