All good things come to those who wait.. the Synth Squad 2 thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Amber (DCAM: Synth Squad) Cypher (DCAM: Synth Squad) Strobe (DCAM: Synth Squad)

Wavetable functions in Cypher, absolutely! It's perfect for it.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

elnn wrote:Cypher offers a different in approach in the process of making sound from Strobe and the like. It feels modern, but idiosyncratically enveloped in analogue architecture. Modern techniques would not feel at all alien to such synth - with its current feature set, their addition would feel as an actual extension of its functionality, rather than a cumbersome bout of maximalistic design attitude ('the more, the better')
Idiosyncratic is a good word for it. Once you get your head around those idiosyncrasies, it makes you appreciate it even more. If FXpansion is going to have an everything-and-the-kitchen-sink, I'd rather it be one instrument instead of two.

The quirkiness of Cypher is the reason I purchased synth squad. I'd imagine if they were sold separately I would likely have only purchased it. Please don't dumb down or over simplify it in v2! :pray:
Feel free to call me Brian.

Dumbing down is very much not the plan. However, if we're building wavetable, we wouldn't necessarily want to make it available only in something as complex as Cypher.

By the time you add the new engine-wide Strobe2 features to Cypher (sequencers, extra modulation, effects - and the Cypher version of some of those is likely to be a bit tweakier than Strobe's), it really is quite a beast - personally I'd rather see wavetable get its own synth, without the need to dumb down. Cypher is already north of 100 parameters before considering TransMod!
This account is dormant, I am no longer employed by FXpansion / ROLI.

Find me on LinkedIn or elsewhere if you need to get in touch.

Angus_FX wrote: personally I'd rather see wavetable get its own synth, without the need to dumb down
A Fxpansion wavetable/wavescanning synth with transmod would be so nice.

:pray:
:borg:

*cough*

This is a dumb thing I did... but whateverz....

My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

So, what does the Frasier wave sound like? ;)

jsp1979 wrote:So, what does the Frasier wave sound like? ;)
Sounds like Kelsey Grammer struggling to pick between two doors!!
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

Angus_FX wrote:Dumbing down is very much not the plan. However, if we're building wavetable, we wouldn't necessarily want to make it available only in something as complex as Cypher.

By the time you add the new engine-wide Strobe2 features to Cypher (sequencers, extra modulation, effects - and the Cypher version of some of those is likely to be a bit tweakier than Strobe's), it really is quite a beast - personally I'd rather see wavetable get its own synth, without the need to dumb down. Cypher is already north of 100 parameters before considering TransMod!
Couldn't you just have a toggle between standard and wave table oscillators?

Could do. Same as we *could* have a bunch of completely different filter circuits in Strobe on the flick of a switch. But my preference is to build instruments with personality, not do-everything-and-the-kitchen-sink megasynths.
This account is dormant, I am no longer employed by FXpansion / ROLI.

Find me on LinkedIn or elsewhere if you need to get in touch.

So Synth Squad v2 is so imminent, that soundsets are being released for it already

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=440343

Angus_FX wrote:Could do. Same as we *could* have a bunch of completely different filter circuits in Strobe on the flick of a switch. But my preference is to build instruments with personality, not do-everything-and-the-kitchen-sink megasynths.
Fair enough. I imagine that it depends on how simple or complex you're thinking of wavetable oscillators being.

Simple wavetables can offer an extension to the sin saw pulse without needing much architecture or character change.

If wavetable is the primary focus then I imagine you would want a totally new synth and fundamentals being more complex and wavetable focused e.g. allowing sequencer driven wavetable scanning etc

Anyway, very much looking forward to the v2's!.

a proper/modern wavetable synth with DCam tone would be a killer

dave

I'm intrigued by the new ultra square aesthetic appearing in GUIs at the moment. Windows 10 being the biggest example. Where has that style arisen from? Is it because more high resolution screens can show very sharp lines, without looking cheap and underworked?

Numanoid wrote:So Synth Squad v2 is so imminent, that soundsets are being released for it already

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=440343

Very strange. For more reasons than i can prob say here.

Return to “Instruments”