All good things come to those who wait.. the Synth Squad 2 thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Amber (DCAM: Synth Squad) Cypher (DCAM: Synth Squad) Strobe (DCAM: Synth Squad)

eewps, double post, sorry.
Last edited by Apostate on Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ha ha suck it!

Angus_FX wrote:As I said before, we're doing something a little different with Fusor for v2. Its role changes somewhat now that the synths have built in arpeggiators and a very capable FX section.

We don't have any plans to release Synth Squad 2 as a bundle at this stage.

The v2 synths do not run in Fusor v1.
2. Is Strobe 2 a completely different plugin so if Strobe 1 was used in an existing project and it's uninstalled will the project report a missing plugin?
Yes. It's preset-compatible (it'll read Strobe1 presets 99% accurate - pretty much everything apart from Arpeggiator settings comes across perfectly) but it's not a 1:1 replacement. On the plus side, you can have both installed side-by-side. I don't know any way of allowing a plug-in to permit both (side-by-side & 1:1 replacement in the same plugin).
I guess that answers my question regarding whether Strobe 2 will run in Fusor upon the release of Synth Squad 2. Hmmm, I might just buy Strobe 2 and take a pass on SS 2. I admit ignorance in regard to what else would be offered in SS2 of course.

To be blunt, I personally think SS is pretty freaking great as it is, a tweaker's paradise imo with great sound and more than a few killer presets. :tu:
Ha ha suck it!

Angus_FX wrote:Scratch that, I just figured out a way to do it. But the thing I need won't be ready by Monday, sorry :)

Should be handy when opening old projects in the far future though - and for people who never got v1 wanting to open other peoples' v1 projects.
This would be great!

Which synth is next in the queue and can we have a peek?

So when can we expect an updated Cypher? For me that was always the more interesting synth.

Cypher is next in the queue. Still quite a bit of work to do there - can show you what's ready so far but it's still subject to change. Good news is, with the UI engine, effects, framework etc. all up to date, it won't take half as long to finish as Strobe 2 did.
This account is dormant, I am no longer employed by FXpansion / ROLI.

Find me on LinkedIn or elsewhere if you need to get in touch.

I understand that it is still in development, I would still very much like to see how it is going just to keep my excitement up.

Angus_FX wrote:Cypher is next in the queue. Still quite a bit of work to do there - can show you what's ready so far but it's still subject to change. Good news is, with the UI engine, effects, framework etc. all up to date, it won't take half as long to finish as Strobe 2 did.
Geez, Cypher is my favorite too. Okay, last insanely dumb question: will SS2 include updates on both Cypher and Amber, while keeping the original Strobe? Will all the individual upgrades be separate from Fusor, like Strobe 2?

I keep asking about Fusor because I love it.
Ha ha suck it!

There's no SS2 bundle. All synths/upgrades sold individually. Fusor - like I say, something a bit different, but too early to say just now. Which aspects of it are you most interested in?
This account is dormant, I am no longer employed by FXpansion / ROLI.

Find me on LinkedIn or elsewhere if you need to get in touch.

Angus_FX wrote:There's no SS2 bundle. All synths/upgrades sold individually. Fusor - like I say, something a bit different, but too early to say just now. Which aspects of it are you most interested in?
The mix and match for one of course! :) Plus, the super deep modulation capabilities, how you can blend everything...Fusor kicks ass.
Ha ha suck it!

Sooo, do any proud new owners have some thoughts on Strobe 2? I saw it was available on the venerable jrr site, and it's insanely hard to keep from just throwing my money at it. :D

I'm trying (perhaps futilely) to be frugal :clown:
Ha ha suck it!

Wow. I was thinking about $29 for the upgrade.

lnikj wrote:Wow. I was thinking about $29 for the upgrade.
I'm okay with the price (let's not forget to inform folks that good ole JRR is offering a cart discount right off the bat). I just want some opinions first.

Of course, as some people here already know I'm fooling myself. I'll have to get this sometime soon regardless, my inquisitiveness is simply rote.
Ha ha suck it!

It's only $79 for DCAM Synth Squad owners.. :lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:
It's only $79 for DCAM Synth Squad owners.. :lol:
Wow! You weren't kidding
https://www.jrrshop.com/fxpansion-strobe-upgrade

And that doesn't even have Cypher and Amber...
Feel free to call me Brian.

Return to “Instruments”