Coming Soon ... HIVE by U-he !

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote:
GHOST19 wrote:The specs are mostly standard stuff except this:
switch Hive’s engine to different basic characters, on the fly
(buzzword translation would be: Multi Synth Engine Technology™)
I really wonder how that will translate soundwise.
I was wondering about that too. Actually, wondering what it means at all.
It's our little bit that we held back till now (and which I'm also still working on)

Hive has 3 different synth engines that share the same parameter set, but sound and behave differently. Different super saw detune laws, different bottom end, different filter sound, different envelopes, different voice management.

One shouldn't expect wonders from it - a basic patch will sound nearly identical in all 3 flavours. But then, some sounds might benefit from details found in one or the other engine.

But the real question is: can we modulate the synth model selector? :D

(No, I don't really expect this - I've just been playing with Bazille too much...)
Textur for ACE
After Hours for Lounge Lizard EP-4
Prism Sticks for Chromaphone 2

Urs wrote: Hive has 3 different synth engines that share the same parameter set, but sound and behave differently. Different super saw detune laws, different bottom end, different filter sound, different envelopes, different voice management.

One shouldn't expect wonders from it - a basic patch will sound nearly identical in all 3 flavours. But then, some sounds might benefit from details found in one or the other engine.

Sounds very interesting, can't wait to give it a spin! :)

penguinfromdeep wrote:
xalama qo wrote: I'm keen to hear the high end frequencies on this. Most u-he synths are present but still mellow. I wonder if Urs has tweaked the raw tone on this one to get that Sylenth-alike top end?
A lot of the high end in sylenth comes from the EQ effect, lot of the cool presets have the highs cranked up to the maximum with the EQ effect inside Sylenth. That's my observation at least. If you disable the EQ, lot of the presets sound kinda dull but still cool like only Sylenth sounds. It just gives it that extra edge
That's true, and the distortions can also excite the highs, but as I was playing around with Sylenth today I came across a very bright preset and opened the EQ to see where it was set, and it was actually off. So the effects are a big part of the equation, sometimes.
I think oscillators and filters have to be tuned to work with the effects (or vice versa). Like the way you match a guitar to an amp, some play better together than others.

Of course I could also be completely wrong :ud:

I hope Hive's reverb mix can be set to 200% :party:

Kaboom75 wrote:I hope Hive's reverb mix can be set to 200% :party:
:party: :wheee:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

I wonder what HIVE can add to Free Jazz.

/smile

elassi wrote:I wonder what HIVE can add to Free Jazz.

/smile
You might like my weird presets then. How free do you like your jazz?

:) :)
Barry

trimph1 wrote:How free do you like your jazz?
"No limit". :lol:

elassi wrote:
trimph1 wrote:How free do you like your jazz?
"No limit". :lol:
Yes!!!! :wheee:
Barry

Hopefully HIVE will be released before 2015 :pray:

HYPE by u-he?

And well deserved if you ask me.
dedication to flying

Curious about multisynth enginge

Isnt Hive supposed to be a free supersaw synth that Urs was talking some time ago?

I don't think it will be free. Good value for money, but not free. :)
The digital (JP-8000) osc module in Diva was a free update, maybe that's got you a bit confused.

themachinelt wrote:Curious about multisynth enginge

Isnt Hive supposed to be a free supersaw synth that Urs was talking some time ago?
No, it will not be free.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8#p5915078

Return to “Instruments”