Coming Soon ... HIVE by U-he !

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Examigan wrote:I wonder if they asked Rob Lee to do any presets for it? :)
Or Aiyn Zahev, Bluffmonkey, Adam Szabo, Xenos, BigTone...they probably all have betas already and are recreating the essence of the 90s supersaw era and more. I'm pretty confident Hive's presets won't disappoint. I think one of the primary design objectives was to give Hive a large sweet-spot so beautiful sounds just ooze from it effortlessly.

I'm keen to hear the high end frequencies on this. Most u-he synths are present but still mellow. I wonder if Urs has tweaked the raw tone on this one to get that Sylenth-alike top end?

Anyway, I thought I didn't need another 2-osc basic synth, but I might have been mistaken :hihi: We'll see.

xalama qo wrote:
Or Aiyn Zahev, Bluffmonkey, Adam Szabo, Xenos, BigTone...they probably all have betas already and are recreating the essence of the 90s supersaw era and more.
Oh no, please, give us some 21st century süpersaw. :hihi: Nah, seriously, the synths at that time weren't really top notch regarding that... many didn't even have unison afaik.
Last edited by chk071 on Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

xalama qo wrote:they probably all have betas already
Nope, we're still in alpha state... working on some stupid bits :oops:

xalama qo wrote: I'm keen to hear the high end frequencies on this. Most u-he synths are present but still mellow. I wonder if Urs has tweaked the raw tone on this one to get that Sylenth-alike top end?
A lot of the high end in sylenth comes from the EQ effect, lot of the cool presets have the highs cranked up to the maximum with the EQ effect inside Sylenth. That's my observation at least. If you disable the EQ, lot of the presets sound kinda dull but still cool like only Sylenth sounds. It just gives it that extra edge
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

Urs wrote:
xalama qo wrote:they probably all have betas already
Nope, we're still in alpha state... working on some stupid bits :oops:
That's fine, I'm stupid myself.

Now GIVE ME! :x

Urs wrote:working on some stupendous bits :oops:
FTFY ;)
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

I've just found myself trying to rationalize why I'm so eagerly anticipating the Hive release. I have Sylenth, Spire and Dune2 to cover supersaws and other tranceable sounds and also have Diva and Zebra, so I'm u-heed enough...

But still, last month I'm visiting KVR daily only to see if there are some news about Hive. :?
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Found a serious bug! , latest rev:

...Hive beta not released yet! :hihi:

recursive one wrote:I've just found myself trying to rationalize why I'm so eagerly anticipating the Hive release. I have Sylenth, Spire and Dune2 to cover supersaws and other tranceable sounds and also have Diva and Zebra, so I'm u-heed enough...

But still, last month I'm visiting KVR daily only to see if there are some news about Hive. :?
Same here, AND I have a Virus TI2, but Hive is the most anticipated release of the year AFAIC.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

cryophonik wrote:
recursive one wrote:I've just found myself trying to rationalize why I'm so eagerly anticipating the Hive release. I have Sylenth, Spire and Dune2 to cover supersaws and other tranceable sounds and also have Diva and Zebra, so I'm u-heed enough...

Same here, AND I have a Virus TI2, but Hive is the most anticipated release of the year AFAIC.
I think it's because the 'simple' plugin appears quite difficult to get totally spot on :-

Sylenth - modulation is too simple, no pwm and the reverb is appalling......and no 64 bit OSX still.

Diva - CPU use and limited FX

Dune 2 - still too complicated

Spire - CPU use too high and it always has 'that' sound

Virus - well, price and sync issues :bang:

The specs are mostly standard stuff except this:
switch Hive’s engine to different basic characters, on the fly
(buzzword translation would be: Multi Synth Engine Technology™)
I really wonder how that will translate soundwise.

GHOST19 wrote:The specs are mostly standard stuff except this:
switch Hive’s engine to different basic characters, on the fly
(buzzword translation would be: Multi Synth Engine Technology™)
I really wonder how that will translate soundwise.
I was wondering about that too. Actually, wondering what it means at all.

xalama qo wrote:
Or Aiyn Zahev, Bluffmonkey, Adam Szabo, Xenos, BigTone
+1 8)

Examigan wrote:
xalama qo wrote:
Or Aiyn Zahev, Bluffmonkey, Adam Szabo, Xenos, BigTone
+1 8)
All good programmers and sounds, but mostly won't do it for me, except in bloating it a bit.

I've seen some really good supersaw presets in Zebra with a compressor and EQ cranked up followed by delay and reverb theirs no one way of doing it though and it's daft to all use the same preset.
I wouldn't worry about EDM or Trance presets in Hive there is already a large community that makes trance and EDM who use Zebra and ACE. CFA, Adam Szabo, Freshly Squeezed Samples so I recon Hive will get the same support. Makes me laugh that so many say on Zebra topics that there are no presets for trance but there are thousands of them as freebies and paid for preset packs.

Check out all these presets http://www.u-he.com/PatchLib/commercial.html
u-he has us all covered.

A trance competition for HIVE like Urs did for Bazille would be a good idea but I still want Howard's presets in.
Last edited by Kaboom75 on Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Instruments”