VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Matrix 12 V2 Solina V2

ben arturia wrote:Please try the latest version of Solina :
http://www.arturia.com/products/solina-v/resources

This version fix the reverb CPU bug.
Once again thanks to all betatesters for their help !
The new version (Solina) seems to have one bug that I have found.
Sometimes bass notes seem to double play, almost like an echo.

Anyone else experience this?
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

Hi Sparky77,
I don't have notice any bug like this...
Could you please tell me if you can reproduce it ?
What is the preset you're using ?
What is your DAW ?

Why is there no import for Matrix 12 .syx?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Which of Arturia's Oberheim emulations sounds more "Oberheimish"? The SEM or the Matrix 12? I know the latter is more about crazy modulation etc, still I am wondering about the basic sound quality as such.

Which one uses more CPU for a similar patch?

electro wrote:Why is there no import for Matrix 12 .syx?
It seems strange that Arturia didn't include support for syx.
I would have been prepared to pay just a little more for the Matrix 12v with syx support especially since there's a couple of very good resources for the Matrix on the net.

Perhaps the 12v isn't an accurate enough emulation of the original machine to recreate its patches faithfully?

kurodo wrote: Perhaps the 12v isn't an accurate enough emulation of the original machine to recreate its patches faithfully?
If that was really the case .syx is the easiest way for the development team to tweak and fine tune the plugin's parameter rangers till the patches sonically match up.

Its a lot harder to do that with older analog synths that have no method of internal patch recall.

electro wrote:Why is there no import for Matrix 12 .syx?
Really? Thats kinda lame.. :cry:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

With some synths, there are *lots* of patches out there and so sysex support is a usefulfeature to implement.

While there are a few banks out there for the M12/Xpander, it's not like there are thousands of patches. It would probably be less work to transcribe the available patches into M12V format than to actually develop a sysex importer.

I guess for owners/former owners of M12/Xpanders that have an extensive library of their own patches then it would be useful, but I would imagine the ratio of those people to Arturia users who've never had one of those hardware machines is pretty high. I doubt a sysex import would be added in a later version if it wasn't there from the beginning. (Of course, Arturia could have an internal development tool that does this).

So - if I wanted those patches, what I'd probably do is get some kind of computer editor that could load and display the sysex patches, and then transcribe those parameters into the plugin, or *maybe* write some kind of sysex parser that could convert the sysex into something more useful*, even up to a macro utility that could automatically dial in the parameters from the sysex to the plugin itself.

* There is already source code and a Windows binary out there that will read a single patch Xpander syx file and dump it to text, as a start, as well as the full sysex specs.

So maybe someone could compile a list of available sysex patches out there, and I can maybe take a look into how feasible it is to get them converted...

beely wrote:While there are a few banks out there for the M12/Xpander, it's not like there are thousands of patches. It would probably be less work to transcribe the available patches into M12V format than to actually develop a sysex importer.
It was a silly oversight that should have been implemented from the start of the development cycle. Besides, if all synth parameters are the same, what's the big deal about adding it? You're just converting .syx numbers to parameter values.

Maybe, but you can either moan about it not existing, or do something about it in the meantime.

Maybe you can ask Arturia about their silly oversight and their plans to correct it?

beely wrote:or do something about it in the meantime.
You should go tell that to the people on kvrsoftwareprogrammers.com.

T-CM11 wrote:
beely wrote:or do something about it in the meantime.
You should go tell that to the people on kvrsoftwareprogrammers.com.
I don't need anyone else to do it thanks, I was kinda offering to do something about it myself...

beely wrote: I don't need anyone else to do it thanks, I was kinda offering to do something about it myself...
That's a nice gesture. :tu:
I mistakenly thought that you told a random person to go program their own software...

T-CM11 wrote:I mistakenly thought that you told a random person to go program their own software...
No, I was trying to get something in the short term done about it, in the absence of such a feature, rather than just moan about how a given feature that one person wants it's so obvious and high profile that the software developer is simply incompetent for not implementing it.
beely wrote:So maybe someone could compile a list of available sysex patches out there, and I can maybe take a look into how feasible it is to get them converted...
When I demo'd the M12V when it came out, I did take a look around to see what Xpander/M12 patches were out there in syx, and there are a few banks and a few miscellaneous things lying around, but it's not like, eg DX7 or CZ101 stuff in which there are hundreds of available banks around. I would guess this is one reason that Arturia didn't include sysex import and while we all agree it would be useful for those who can use it, it seems unlikely they'll include it now after the fact.

But I would be interested in getting those banks into the M12V, and I've been doing a bunch of similar things lately - hence the post...

with the xplorer editor for the hardware you can load the syx and see all the parameters!
it takes 5 minutes for a patch to program but so you can have all the patches inside of matrix v.
now i have to say the software sounds like the hardware ;)

there`s no better sound in the hardware !!!

Return to “Instruments”