Mixcraft 7 is here

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Glass Viper Mixcraft 10.5 Pro Studio Mixcraft 10.5 Recording Studio Renegade

hibidy wrote:So "it's great and cool and is easy to use" but has ASIO issues? :?

This just puzzles me. So many good hosts (feature wise) that can't even perform well on modern computers. Shouldn't this be the top priority? Sorry, had to vent.
I had nothing major with ASIO - but seems some have.
But I have RME which seldom are troublesome.

Some more crackles and pops while inserting/activating a new plugin while transport is running. But stop/start repair this. Guessing it has to do with pdc.

No crashes at all. I had first when ran first version inserting Superior Drummer 2.4.0 - but it was SD problem, and 2.4.1 from nov fixed that. It was strange noises even in StudioOne and Reaper when inserting new - not loading old projects.

MC 64-bit is new - so I guess that's why - otherwise v7.0 should as you say have no issues.

So no Sonar-syndrom yet - the Ctrl-S after every thing you made. ;)

lfm wrote:
hibidy wrote:So "it's great and cool and is easy to use" but has ASIO issues? :?

This just puzzles me. So many good hosts (feature wise) that can't even perform well on modern computers. Shouldn't this be the top priority? Sorry, had to vent.
I had nothing major with ASIO - but seems some have.
But I have RME which seldom are troublesome.

Some more crackles and pops while inserting/activating a new plugin while transport is running. But stop/start repair this. Guessing it has to do with pdc.

No crashes at all. I had first when ran first version inserting Superior Drummer 2.4.0 - but it was SD problem, and 2.4.1 from nov fixed that. It was strange noises even in StudioOne and Reaper when inserting new - not loading old projects.

MC 64-bit is new - so I guess that's why - otherwise v7.0 should as you say have no issues.

So no Sonar-syndrom yet - the Ctrl-S after every thing you made. ;)
You are both right.

The Performance (Matrix) view is new as well as MC7 x64, so it's normal that there are "beta"-problems even if it's released because the users have often very different Hardware.
If you look to a first major release with other DAWs outside you will see that they also have problems the first 3 or 4 month or even longer.

I think they will fix the issues and MC7 will be a light version of Bitwig and Live but with a great difference: NO CR OR HARDWAREDONGLES.
This means freedom for users regarding hard- and software changes (OS).
And even if the company goes bankrupt you can still use the DAW.

Having been a former Mixcraft 6 user and a extremely frustrated one(due to the rabid instability of it),I had no plans to get version 7(especially since Acoustica could not locate my account & I was denied the discount).
However...when I caught a glimpse of version 7,I was so enamored by it's new design & color scheme,so I had to try out the trial version.
Once I had done that,I was in another world & the hours flew by like minutes and I bought it the next day(& at that point,I was happy to pay the full $89 for it!)
I was still a bit nervous about how Mixcraft would handle 3rd party VST's...but once I started piling on my CPU-heavy TubeOhm synths,I was very impressed with how well version 7 handled the load...with no crashes whatsoever! :phew: :party:

I did experience some pops & crackles(but I anticipated this)...because I am only using a $250 Acer Aspire computer and I don't even have the RAM upgraded yet and I am working without an audio interface,at the moment.

That being said,I am absolutely head over heals for Mixcraft now and it will probably be months,before I touch my other computer & my other DAW's.
I mean...Mixcraft 7 is hands down,the simplest to install of any DAW and has the best workflow of any DAW...in my opinion.
The 2 years of development that went into this new version,was time very well spent and honestly,I am utterly baffled at how Acoustica managed to create such a magnificent DAW,for such an insanely low price and in fact,Mixcraft 7 will be my go to DAW...because I am so obsessed with it.
I obviously have not fully tested it(as I need to optimize my computer configuration) and I also need to test out the video portion of it...but thus far,the improvements of version 7 over 6,are absolutely incredible and I could not be happier! :love:

I don't mean to make any disparaging remarks about the competition(namely Bitwig)...especially since I was very enthusiastic about getting Bitwig for a long time,but to me...Mixcraft 7 is a Bitwig killer,as I have absolutely no desire for Bitwig now and to my profound amazement,Mixcraft 7 is actually simpler to use and more efficient than even my beloved Studio One DAW!

How do you use the Performance Panel?

ls1xxx wrote:How do you use the Performance Panel?
I'm curious as well

ls1xxx wrote:How do you use the Performance Panel?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXjnxPFBRp8

I saw that video. Not bad, I worry though about the relationship with that/linear and "performance"

I already have bitwig/live for that and have enough issues with those :lol:

I have already posted once on this thread bragging about MC7, but I just can't resist doing so again :)

I have Sonar X3 and Studio One 2 installed on my Windoze box. I own, but do not have installed, FL, Cubase 4, Reaper 3.

I would delete X3 and Studio One, except I like some of the plugs and synths. The combo of Maschine and Mixcraft 7 is good for me. FYI I do not use loops (except for ones I roll myself), so I do not use Mixcraft and as loop machine. I find it's all about the workflow, and it is smooth with MC7. I join others in being very impressed they can put this package together and sell it for $89. Yes, Reaper can do more. But for me I can do more in Mixcraft.

I have had some minor stability issues. For me it is not as stable as Studio One, and so I do save before I do anything iffy. But I believe the team that built will iron out the issues in the months ahead.
Dell desktop Win 10 /2012 MacBook Pro
Cubase Pro 10/Mixcraft 9

Double post.... sorry..... hate it when that happens....
Cubase Pro 10/Mixcraft 9

I tried the trial yesterday and to me it looked like some toy. Already uninstalled it.

Reefius wrote:I tried the trial yesterday and to me it looked like some toy. Already uninstalled it.
Okay...so am I to assume that a DAW bloated with every bell & whistle imaginable is more your speed...you know,something in the 4 to $500 range?If so,that's perfectly fine....but then,someone with your acute & anal preferences towards DAW's should not even consider an $89 DAW...I would think?
Consider this though...64/32 bit support,midi notation,video support..etc.,.I mean,how many fully functional DAW's(minus all of Mixcraft's extras),would you find in any DAW under $100?

So you are not impressed with the graphical interface of M7 and it's not for everyone obviously,but why dismiss a DAW entirely,based on aesthetics and call it a toy?

Mixcraft is specifically designed to be super efficient and intuitive and I think most would agree,that Mixcraft 7 has mastered this area.

Having a nice modern interface and being super efficient etc is not a mutually exclusive situation.
I do like Mixcraft 7, but the old fashioned interface belies its technical excellence. The fonts remind me of a alarm clock I had about 25 years ago.

luxgud wrote:The fonts remind me of a alarm clock I had about 25 years ago.
Exactly, it all looks so dated and cheap, like it's made for kids.
AlesisVi61 wrote:Okay...so am I to assume that a DAW bloated with every bell & whistle imaginable is more your speed...you know,something in the 4 to $500 range?If so,that's perfectly fine....but then,someone with your acute & anal preferences towards DAW's should not even consider an $89 DAW...I would think?
Consider this though...64/32 bit support,midi notation,video support..etc.,.I mean,how many fully functional DAW's(minus all of Mixcraft's extras),would you find in any DAW under $100?
1 word for you: Reaper.

I understand Reeflus that a professional like yourself would not stoop so low as to use a toy like Mixcraft. Someone at your level would use.... Reaper? LOL!

Seriously, Reaper is a joke to me, Mixcraft is a toy to you. Fact is both are excellent DAW's for the people that connect with them. Different strokes for different folks.
Cubase Pro 10/Mixcraft 9

It might not be the most beautiful skin but it's pretty usable, IMO. If I wouldn't already have REAPER, I'd buy it, for $89 it's pretty inexpensive, compared to other DAWs like Studio One.

If there's really an ugly skin that keeps me from buying, then it's n-Track Studio:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”