VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am not sure... :scared:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Doug1978 wrote:
bmanic wrote:I highly recommend the latest offering from Acustica Audio which is on pre-order right now. Titanium. It's going to turn some heads when it's out. Let me know if you want some audio demos.
I'd be interested to hear your demos, bmanic.

TBH, the recent AA Acqua EQ and compressor plug-ins are pretty expensive compared to many other capable software products (including excellent Nebula programs, eg from AlexB), which are available nowadays at much cheaper prices.

Maybe Titanium will be a step up, or maybe it will just be expensive hype to be outclassed in a couple more years, we will see (and hear).

But at 119 Euros (or 109 Euros with the small current discount), it'll be interesting to learn how it stacks up.
Well the technology is definitely improving all the time so people who already have Nebula might consider AlexB's or Tim Petheric's offerings.. or wait for the future. But if you want something unique, in just a few weeks (days??) then I can't do anything else but recommend Titanium as it's been announced. Cat is out of the bag so to speak.

Also keep in mind that you don't just get 1 compressor. You basically get two of them (well, 3 plugin .dll files so technically 3 plugins). One highly capable single band compressor and two variants of multiband compression.

The bang for buck is pretty good in my opinion, at least when considering the versatility and sound.

Unfortunately I don't have much time to do a proper demo today and I know many of you are eager to get something before this cyber/black madness is ending.. so here is a really really quick go at a drumloop. Sorry for the bad rendering and slight glitches. I was sloppy with the midi clips from AD2.

Titanium 1B (single band compressor) quick test on a drumloop

First 8 bars are the dry loops (one with hihats, second one with toms) and after that I just randomly tweaked some knobs to smack the loop around a bit. Watch out for volume differences! Especially the last round of loops are pretty loud as I smashed it to bits (something not many may realize that Nebula technology can now do properly).

The compressor is very versatile when you carefully tweak attack and release. The attack can be fast enough to really "choke" and clamp down any transients. It can also be tweaked so that it lets through a tiny bit so that you get that punchy and ticky initial transient coming through. The release is equally flexible by going from ridiculously-"distorts instantly!"-fast to very slow and everything smoothly in between. You can make it pump too if that's your thing. Ratio goes from 1.5 to 10:1 so you have a pretty good range there.. though I wish the hardware had a 1.2 or even 1.1 to 10:1 mode. Would be so useful in mastering. Oh well. If the hardware doesn't have it, the software doesn't either. :)
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

So let me get this straight, you come to what is obviously a compressor rehab thread, where some are wondering just how many is enough, and do I really need that one more fix, and post about how we must go and buy this 120 Euro compressor?

Does sound sweet though! I'd like to hear more.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

:lol:
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Thanx for the demo.
Not bad but nothing that tempts me to plunder the christmas war chest. :shrug:

darsho wrote:you can get by fine just by using the standard compressor of your DAW.

The rest is just a matter of impulse control regarding your GAS.

LOL... made my weekend :D
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

Myyy Compreciousssssss
Last edited by Synchanter on Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My latest crazy track "The Quick Brown Fox sampled the Lazy Dog": http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4&t=425647
15 Free DIVA Presets: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8#p5892108

deft_bonz wrote:
darsho wrote:you can get by fine just by using the standard compressor of your DAW.

The rest is just a matter of impulse control regarding your GAS.

LOL... made my weekend :D
Now you tell me, lol. :lol:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

One stereo pair here, on 99.9% of duties.

antithesist wrote:Exactly the number you need... no more, no less.
OK, at least one more than that, apparently. (Boz ADR compex/vocal-stressor, in my case... maybe a couple from SL8, too?)
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

the only comps I have installed now are what comes with Samp (which are awesome), unless you consider my cousin Rob Chiarelli's signature mastering plug a comp :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

I've been messing around with the Compassion demo more and i think i only really need it for all my compression stuff. Compassion is definitely on my next buy list.

If i need Multi-band I'll be using Blue-cat MB-7 + Compassion :)
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:If i need Multi-band I'll be using Blue-cat MB-7 + Compassion :)
Not happy with Pro-MB demo so just tried Blue-cat MB-5
That thing... :o :o :tu:

Can compress very narrow bands (change one thing, doesn't mess up the rest), transparent (adds little muddiness to the sound), intuitive UI.
But expensive..
My latest crazy track "The Quick Brown Fox sampled the Lazy Dog": http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4&t=425647
15 Free DIVA Presets: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8#p5892108

Well... At this point it would have to be a pretty bloody amazing compressor for me to get another one.

I have enough, probably too much. :lol:

How many compressors is enough?

How long is a piece of string?

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Return to “Effects”