Harbor Blue - Free Dune 2 skin - Updated for v2.5

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Looking forward to Limeflavour's skin. Love your work! :love:
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

basslinemaster wrote:Oh no, "any problems etc". Such as?
I bet more people like Satyatunes' skin than the default one. Where did I claim to be "speaking for everyone"...
You'll argue about anything, as your posting history will testify...
Yeah, sorry mr perfect. You're totally correct about everything. Congratulations. :clap:

Back to the original topic. A cool guy made a cool skin for free....enjoy. 8)

satYatunes wrote:Redesigned most of the stuff, much cleaner now. Most user requests have been incorporated. Download is available on my website.

It would be great if "we" had more color sheme's then the five or so available for the original skin.
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Kriminal wrote:
basslinemaster wrote:Oh no, "any problems etc". Such as?
I bet more people like Satyatunes' skin than the default one. Where did I claim to be "speaking for everyone"...
You'll argue about anything, as your posting history will testify...
Yeah, sorry mr perfect. You're totally correct about everything. Congratulations. :clap:

Back to the original topic. A cool guy made a cool skin for free....enjoy. 8)
So you can't explain what "problems" could occur if they made Satyatunes' skin the default skin... LOL

Nor can you show where I claimed to be "speaking for everyone"...

satYatunes wrote:** Updated on 20-Dec:

More screen shots and download is available at:
http://www.satyatunes.com/website/dune-2.html

Custom Skins for Dune 2 is now available.

Custom skin provides an opportunity to sound designers, tutorial makers and the likes to add their own branding by embedding logos, names, etc. into the plugin skin and distribute with their own soundsets and tutorials. Please note, each custom skin is different and depends on the requirement. Please drop a note through my website contact form for details on pricing and schedule.

Kriminal wrote:
satYatunes wrote:Redesigned most of the stuff, much cleaner now. Most user requests have been incorporated. Download is available on my website.

Looking good here. :tu:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

basslinemaster wrote: So you can't explain what "problems" could occur if they made Satyatunes' skin the default skin... LOL
I can.........say Synapse adds a new feature to DUNE 2 that requires a new GUI element and satYtunes is not available or willing to update his skin ?

By having full control over the default skin (after all they did create it) Synapse avoids any problems with updates.......simple. :wink:

On a more personal note I like satYtune's skin but don't use it so if it were the default then I'd have to change it......just like you'd have to change the current default to satYtune's now........
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

On a more personal note I like satYtune's skin but don't use it so if it were the default then I'd have to change it......just like you'd have to change the current default to satYtune's now........

:D
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

I like satYtune's skin but I like the edit I've cobbled together better........that's why I use it instead.......

Confused are you still ? :D
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Limeflavour wrote:@ Satyatunes, I apologize for the offtopic posts that have been made in your thread. It was not my intention.

The Bjulin skin looks fantastic, I don't have the soundbank so I can't use it but it looks great. :)
Hi Limeflavor, no need to apologize, this is KVR after all. Regarding the issue that you reported, I did notice the same problem with my skins but never gave it much thought and settled for a color that goes with the theme. There is some weird stuff going on for sure. Now that Teksonic has reported this to Synapse lets see what's coming out of it. Sorry couldn't help much.
I have been a fan of our GUI work, good to see that you are working on a D2 skin. From the screen shot I can imagine that it's going to be as excellent as your other work. I am happy to hear that you like the Bjulin skin. Thank you and happy new year.

@others - Happy new year to you all. Thanks for your kind words and am glad that so many of you like it. Regarding making it the default D2 skin, to be very honest I don't want this to happen either. Kriminal and Teksonic has already pointed out some very good reasons. Secondly, it provides additional traffic to my website. Not to mention the donations (very far and few, but still :-). This will be very helpful as I am going to start selling my own commercial soundset+skins on my website soon. Every visitor is important :-)

Apologies to those who find it very dark and hard to read. Cannot please everyone, can I? I am planning to create a few different variations just like the default ones. Unfortunately, it's not that easy. The design of my skin doesn't allow to just change the panel color/texture and leave everything else as it is.. many UI elements needs change in order to create different variation but I will still think about it.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

Teksonik wrote:
Kindred wrote:Hmmm...weird - unzipped into the skins folder however when I fire up Dune it only shows the factory default colours...any idea what I am doing wrong?
Do you have version 2.2 installed ?
Actually, this is weird. I have 2.2 installed but when I check the version in Cubase, it is 1.0.0

Something isn't right and considering the massive problems I am having with Cubase 8 at the moment I wouldn't be surprised if it is Cubase's fault...

^^^ I am sure it's Cubase fault :-D Have you tried it in any other hosts? VSTHost may be? From your post it looks like you are able to load the plugin in Cubase. Does it allow you to change other variation of default skin?
Website | Portfolio

No idea where the skins folder is on the Mac. Would appreciate some help :)
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

In Windows it's in - C:\Users\<UserName>\Documents\Synapse Audio\DUNE 2\Skins

Is there any similar folder in Mac? Sorry, don't have a Mac :-)
Website | Portfolio

Return to “Instruments”