Cubase 8 is out!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Pro 13

4damind wrote:Have you downloaded the updater (~3GB) or the full installer (approx. 9GB)?
Updater - that was all I was directed to download (upgrade from 7.5)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I had a time getting 7.5 sorted on my three monitor setup. I ended up manually sizing the main window to cover all three monitors, sizing the mix console to sit inside that taking the entire right monitor but not touching the edges and invoking scroll bars. Same for the main timeline window- sized to fit inside the middle monitor without touching the edges. Inserts and VSTis open in the left monitor. I created a template, so I don't have to fiddle with that again.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

rustman wrote:I had a time getting 7.5 sorted on my three monitor setup. I ended up manually sizing the main window to cover all three monitors, sizing the mix console to sit inside that taking the entire right monitor but not touching the edges and invoking scroll bars. Same for the main timeline window- sized to fit inside the middle monitor without touching the edges. Inserts and VSTis open in the left monitor. I created a template, so I don't have to fiddle with that again.
Haha.. i switched after 6.5 but your post remembered me how crazy it was to fiddle around to avoid the scroll bars etc. So f**** lame.. :lol:
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Anyone know of any deals on the 7.5 upgrade?
ALL YOUR DATA ARE BELONG TO US - Google

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling
http://danling.com

SLiC wrote:
4damind wrote:Have you downloaded the updater (~3GB) or the full installer (approx. 9GB)?
Updater - that was all I was directed to download (upgrade from 7.5)
Hmm. This update was working without problems here.
Anyway, if content is missing I would get the full installation from your Steinberg account "My Steinberg" under the "download" tab for Cubase. It's 9,2GB

Quoting myself from gearslutz:

The only thing that interested me in the new features was the claim of better performance since this holds me back more than anything, but at least with what I'm doing I'm not seeing any difference. :(

As others have mentioned, I'm disappointed there wasn't more (any) attention put to electronica workflow, e.g., macros, bezier curve automation, etc. Even the new Multiband Envelope Shaper is behind the times and doesn't use bezier curves. I'd love to see Steinberg really study the FabFilter plugins and Serum, the new Xfer Records soft synth, to get a grasp on what moves workflow to another level.

In the end though I wouldn't have felt like I completely wasted my money if they had simply made it so I could dock my mixer below everything else.

Greg Houston wrote:Quoting myself from gearslutz:

The only thing that interested me in the new features was the claim of better performance since this holds me back more than anything, but at least with what I'm doing I'm not seeing any difference. :(

As others have mentioned, I'm disappointed there wasn't more (any) attention put to electronica workflow, e.g., macros, bezier curve automation, etc. Even the new Multiband Envelope Shaper is behind the times and doesn't use bezier curves. I'd love to see Steinberg really study the FabFilter plugins and Serum, the new Xfer Records soft synth, to get a grasp on what moves workflow to another level.

In the end though I wouldn't have felt like I completely wasted my money if they had simply made it so I could dock my mixer below everything else.
Use the new workspaces to make a view that has the mixer below the project window .. workspaces now work properly, so it is just as good as docking.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote:Use the new workspaces to make a view that has the mixer below the project window .. workspaces now work properly, so it is just as good as docking.
That is exactly what I am doing, and essentially the same thing I was doing in the previous versions of Cubase, but it isn't the same as docking, and is even worse in 8 than in 7.5 since the mixer is it's own window entirely now which makes minimizing everything all sorts of convoluted.

Greg Houston wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:Use the new workspaces to make a view that has the mixer below the project window .. workspaces now work properly, so it is just as good as docking.
That is exactly what I am doing, and essentially the same thing I was doing in the previous versions of Cubase, but it isn't the same as docking, and is even worse in 8 than in 7.5 since the mixer is it's own window entirely now which makes minimizing everything all sorts of convoluted.
make a minimized workspace .. I did that at the project level.

Basically I hate the windowing MAC crap. But, honestly if you use the workspaces liberally, you can get most of the behavior you want in one hotkey.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

What I want is to get rid of the mixer title bar, for the mixer to attach snuggly (properly dock) to the top panes, and then for everything to resize as a single unit. No amount of fiddling with the workspaces is going to make that happen.

For me personally, C8 is fantastic!!!! I'm getting better ASIO performance and the dockable windows was what the doctor ordered. I'm also loving the improved chord features, VCA faders, Wave Meters, and render-in-place. At least for today, I'm a happy camper here. :)

quantum7 wrote:For me personally, C8 is fantastic!!!! I'm getting better ASIO performance and the dockable windows was what the doctor ordered. I'm also loving the improved chord features, VCA faders, Wave Meters, and render-in-place. At least for today, I'm a happy camper here. :)
Agreed, I'm stunned. This is the Cubase update we've been waiting for—made all the growing pains from C7.x worth it! :hyper: :tu: :party:

QuadraFuzz 2 is the shizz.

This is an interesting update. Better performance, better window management, render in place. There are a lot of things I hope they will add (for example key commands for opening/editing insert fx, better/easier general midi controller implementation, midiloop export like Presonus Studio One, ARA etc). But this is a good start.

kiezum wrote:This is an interesting update. Better performance, better window management, render in place. There are a lot of things I hope they will add (for example key commands for opening/editing insert fx, better/easier general midi controller implementation, midiloop export like Presonus Studio One, ARA etc). But this is a good start.
What's "midiloop export"?

I wonder if the quadrafuzz is based on the old project that Craig Anderton designed back in the late 70's? I used to read his articles in the guitar mags.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”