If you could only keep 2 soft synths ...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dentnile wrote:Dune 2 and Monark.
I think I'd be fine with these two. Or Sylenth and Massive. Or Diva and Spire (and PC upgrade).
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Maybe a better question is if you had none and only two were given to you,
could you live with them no matter what they were?
Being that my current DAW is Sonar, and that DimPro would end up covering the Sample Player with Rapture and Z3ta covering the 2 synths... I guess I could live with them if I was limited to them. Not that I would like it, but I could.

That thought just made me even more thankful to own Alchemy, Zebra, and Kontakt though.

Easy....

Synth1 (for the amount of presests)
Synthmaster (for the sound AND the amount of presets)

Both are extremely flexible and one could make anything with those 2. They are basic but I feel essential.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

BBFG# wrote:Maybe a better question is if you had none and only two were given to you,
Being that my current DAW is Sonar, and that DimPro would end up covering the Sample Player with Rapture and Z3ta covering the 2 synths... I guess I could live with them if I was limited to them. Not that I would like it, but I could.

That thought just made me even more thankful to own Alchemy, Zebra, and Kontakt though.
Indeed. Keep implies one already has them. One might get the same result by asking which two synths do you use the most? 8)

fluffy_little_something wrote:
BBFG# wrote:Maybe a better question is if you had none and only two were given to you,

Indeed. Keep implies one already has them. One might get the same result by asking which two synths do you use the most? 8)
I think it is much more difficult to imagine having to get rid of all of your synths but 2. That's just me though. :)
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Only 2 synths - it's hard question.
I think i would chose a hybrid to get samples and other cool stuff, and a good "subtractive",
those two should cover almost everything
e.g:
Zebra + Alchemy ...
or
Albino + Alchemy ...

dunno.

8)
Last edited by V0RT3X on Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
:borg:

Spire and Diva.

Those two plus Monark and M1 are pretty much all I use these days.

Saukar30 wrote:Easy....

Synth1 (for the amount of presests)
Synthmaster (for the sound AND the amount of presets)

Both are extremely flexible and one could make anything with those 2. They are basic but I feel essential.
Oddly enough I'm with you on these two - in terms of bangs for the buck they really do give you a huge palette to work with for very little outlay.

I probably know Z3tA+2 the best though and have to say I'm an big fan of Air's instruments (such as the ones found in Ignite).

If we have no other way of making drum sounds though I might have to go with BFD 2 and Synthmaster - they pretty much cover all the bases...
Sonar Platinum, Ignite and Ableton Live 9 DAWS
AIR Hybrid 3, Synthmaster, Z3ta+2, Addictive Drums 2, True Piano Amber, Rapture, Dim Pro, BFD Eco, AAS Strum, Addictive Keys, Synth 1 VSTs
Nektar LX61, Korg MicroKey and Akai Pro LPD8 Pad

I think drum sounds would be covered by the OP saying we don't have to include them as the two.
So we still get our sample players and drum VIs. At least, that's how I take it.

BBFG# wrote:I think drum sounds would be covered by the OP saying we don't have to include them as the two.
So we still get our sample players and drum VIs. At least, that's how I take it.
Yah for my 2 samplers.. hmm

I'd probably pick Geist and Kontakt
:borg:

I'll plump for Serum and Harmor. Serum makes it incredibly easy to program complex timbres while doing a passable impression of a VA if you need it to, while Harmor can sound like just about anything with a bit of work.

Harmor and DUNE 2.

Yeah, Serum can do nice VA type sounds. That really depends on the wavetable used. I think people are not used to hear so clear sounds up to 20 khz. I remember the 1st time I used Diversion. I didn't like its sound, it was "too pure"... Diversion is now one of my favorite synth, just like Serum. Both use a lot of CPU too.

I'm not from an electro music background but I love TAL-U-NO-LX & Redtron_SE.

Return to “Instruments”