Which EQ do you actually use?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I mainly use the EQ's within Izotope Alloy 2, Nectar 2 and Ozone 5. The others I use are DDMF's IIEQ Pro, LP10, Slick EQ GE and Voxengo's GlissEq.

Mostly Cubase EQ and Melda EQ, that's it. :-)

Uncle E wrote:I'm using the UAD-2 Pultec MK2 for almost everything these days. It sounds better than my analog hardware EQ's.

Really it didn't appear to me … i find it a bit ringing one?

Fab Filter Pro-Q2, Various Waves, Logic, Cubase, Live EQ's

DMG Equality mainly. PSP NobleQ on rare occasion, and sometimes Ozone 5 EQ if I'm using Ozone on the mix buss. I'm lusting for DMG Equilibrium though.

Toneboosters, particularly TB Fix. Very flexible and fast.
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

Monkberry wrote:I'm lusting for DMG Equilibrium though.
I've been testing EQuilibrium 1.5 extensively this week, and that's been a pretty erotic experience - lots of hot new features, some of which I'm sure will appeal to a user of your taste and discretion. :love:

You'll have to decide yourself in a week or two, it may tip your lust over the edge!

Fabfilter Pro-Q (i still have not upgraded)
Logic Pro Stock EQ
DDMF 6144 (like to do boosts with this one, specially on high frequencies)

Toneboosters TB Fix and DMG Equality/Equick. SplineEQ for surgical stuff.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Hi Krzysztof,

I'm certainly, absolutely looking forward to version 1.5. Just a request: please make the soloing of individual bands more "solid" in execution. As it is currently implemented, I find it fiddly and frustrating; often the solo mode "slips" and switches to boost/cuts or something else. Not sure how to describe it, but it's not as "tight" as I would prefer.

I think many of the recent EQs have quite satisfactory quality and sound. What's important, once these keys aspects have been delivered, is ease of use and reliability. I very much cherish my Equilibrium...just wish this key feature was a bit more "tight." Cheers!

Eareckon Analog87 CM version + Soneq for almost everything. Sometimes the eq in Eventide Ultrachannel and sometimes the eq in NastyVCS.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

I have way too many eq's. I'm not sonically talented enough to use them they way they were meant to be used.

Gliss EQ, the eq in Alloy 2, the free Slick EQ. Sometimes IIEQ Pro and I recently picked up FF Pro Q so that will probably be getting used. Could probably get by with Slick and one of the others, but what fun is that.

DMG Equilibrium.
Melda MDynamicEQ.

I use GlissEQ as the all-round one (to cut lows, or to sculpt the sound in broad strokes) and Nomad Factory British NEQ-1972, PulseTec EQs and Sonimus SonEQ if I want EQs with character.

Return to “Effects”