Which EQ do you actually use?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

IIEQPro... Anyway, what's with the "Pro" thing in the naming, it's ridiculous, where are my "Amt" plugs?

IIEQ Pro
EQ8

SlickEq is reached for often.
IK White or British Channel may be on every track of a mix that needs eq. Sometimes I will just use that.
EQ73 or EQ81 is used a lot.
Vintage Tube Program Equalizer and/or Master EQ 432 is probably on most mixes.
Every mix sees Avalon 747sp eq though.

Starting to like Nova-67p for clean basic duties.

ANALOG87 PR-EQUA from Eareckon
and I'm also very glad for my T-Bone from
Boz Digital Labs + the native ones in MuLab.

At some point I'll propably buy some of PSP's EQ's.
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

Abletons EQ8 currently......soon I will be upgrading to Fabfilter Pro-Q 2 8)

I'd forgotten about the signal dust eq.

Is it freeware now? Nowhere to pay or donate... http://www.signaldust.com/p-dustequalizer.html

Edit: his graphical one is currently being redeveloped and is not available to the pubilc as of now.
Last edited by arkmabat on Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

logic pro's eq.

sometimes that nomad pultec-type thinga-ma-jig

RSMet EasyQ, works very good in Foobar2000

camsr wrote:RSMet EasyQ, works very good in Foobar2000
That is a very odd choice of DAW!

Btw: TBEQ, SlickEQ, the most easy to use...

Usually just Meldaproductions MAutoDynamicEQ as I've so far found it does whatever I need an EQ to do pluss a bunch more and sounds good while doing it.

Five highly flexible bands, an extra LPF and HPF at the top and bottom, saturation on a sliding scale, positive or negative overtones can be added to each of the five main bands, mid-side processing where each band can be set to mid only or side only, more options for visual analysis and frequency clues than I may ever need, crazy flexible modulators for creative mangling that can remain within a give frequency range... The list goes on, and there's still a lot of advanced functionality I may never need but the tutorials for helping one get into those are allready out there so hopefully no sweat if I one day should..

Whatever bands and functionality isn't in use at the moment will not gobble any CPU unless activated, I can have just a simple HPF and LPF with some saturation when that's all I need.

For some purposes it can function both as an EQ and at the same time replace some of the stuff where I would have reached for a compressor (either through simple saturation or applying dynamic EQing).

Scheps 73 (Waves) and Logic's own.

Only Ableton 9 stock EQ. It's practical, has very clear display and offers good quality as well as minimum CPU usage. I don't see why I would ever need something more. Maybe 2nd order filters could be handy, but that's not the reason to get another plugin.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

I have a lot of plugs but usually...

Vegeance Philta CM: my first choice is to cuts and like his brutal HP\LP filters!
DAW EQ (Nuendo 5 or S1): usually
SSL X-EQ: a lifeline
SlickEQ & Nova-67P: for the master

I was using my waves plug-ins until recently but they're not working since V9r21 and Ableton v9.1.5. Waves don't know why and Ableton are 'looking into it'. Which proves the point that it's good to have choices from more than one company. My 'go-to' today is not the same as yesterdays 'go-to'. :)

I purchased NI Passive EQ 2nd hand @ KvR a long time ago and am just looking at it properly now. Actually read the Manual and am really digging it.

The list goes on and on ...
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

for "normal" EQing:
either Logics Channel-EQ, Sonalksis 512 or Waves Q10
for more sophisticated tasks:
MEqualizer, T-Racks Prog EQ 1A
for the magic:
Maag EQ4

for MS-EQ-ing:
mostly Ozone 5's

for Dynamic EQing:
Fabfilter Pro-MB

Return to “Effects”