One Synth Challenge #68: Synth1 by Ichiro Toda

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hanz Meyzer wrote:Oh no, next OSC 69 Win only :( Poor Mac users :cry: I will try then Cubase using Wine... BTW. is Cubase allowed or just DAWs that also provide a freeware version?

EDIT: What about adding a second OSX only synth?
Lots of OSCpeople using Cubase, no problem at all.

Hi,
Why is only a subset (25 of 47) songs listed in the submissions on the OSC page?

https://sites.google.com/site/kvrosc/osc-68-synth1

Chris

I can see them all
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

Yes, seems to be corrected. :tu:

On my vote page is an empty track and it still says "1 tracks left to score".

EDIT: okay, just pushed it to 1 :wink:

Great compo, so many lovely tunes in, making it really hard to vote! In addition to dropping a few comments on SoundCloud and doing my voting duty on the site (already done), I will also post some comments on my top tunes (5/4 points) here:

Photonic - Ichiro's Theme
You found my soft spot, and you hit it perfectly with this tune. Love the lead starting at around 0:35, love the chord progression, love the synth patches, love the drums, love... everything. This, together with the next track, is probably my favourite stuff from this compo:

Hanz Meyzer - Dance in the Bureau
Ooooh yeah. It's 80s time! <3 I'm still wondering about how you made some of the patches. This just hit another soft spot of mine! :D

keith303 - since april may not march in june
The usual and expected k303 quality. Great techno tune with some really nice filter work.

G-Roove - The One
Excellent percussion work. Wondering how the claps were made.

bzur - 9planets
Nice journey. A great variety of sounds.

Pulse Width Modulation - Looking Out Looking In
Lovely DX7 piano, lovely background pad. Reminds me of one of my favourite D-50 sounds (Misterial Pad, if anyone is wondering).

Caine123 - City Of The Damned
Great patches. But man, keep the hand off that compressor. ;)

Bjporter - The Electric Fairy's After - Party Ball
Relaxing. Love the pads.

z.prime - Pray for Change
Not a fan of the genre at all, this mostly got points for excellent sound design instead.

Richard Semper - The Rebel OSC Synth1
Lovely pads again, but also a nice stomping beat.

Carl_saved - God In The Desert
Fascinating sound design.

Last but not least, this is my first OSC, so I have no idea how "open" the authors of this community are when it comes to their source files, but since I always share the source files of my works, this time won't be an exception. I especially dare the composers of the aforementioned great compositions to open their source files! ;)
Last edited by sagamusix on Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big thx for getting the Zip up there so quickly Bj :)

I'm excited to start listening to the rest of the submissions and vote. There are some insanely talented folks on the forums. Nicely done, everybody!

sagamusix wrote:I especially dare the composers of the aforementioned great compositions to open their source files! ;)
Thanks for the feedback - much appreciated :)
As usual, I have posted a link to the project files and patches for my entry in the description on soundcloud for anyone interested (and can load a cubase project file)
The patches are also here:-
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/synth1- ... /downloads

...and why not check out my wife's vid for the tune - posted earlier in this thread -
she would love an encouraging comment or two...

H-man wrote:Big thx for getting the Zip up there so quickly Bj :)
+1 Excellent and prompt work Brian :)

RichardSemper wrote:The patches are also here:-
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/synth1- ... /downloads
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, most of the patches in my tune are part of a sound bank currently consisting of about 100 patches. I'll release it once it's a complete sound bank, hopefully before the end of the year. :)

Cool video btw, very oldskool acid-ish. :D

All voted. I liked the variety this round.

voting done as well. had the highest average rating this round so far (3 rounds).
keep it up guys!

sagamusix wrote:Great compo, so many lovely tunes in, making it really hard to vote! In addition to dropping a few comments on SoundCloud and doing my voting duty on the site (already done), I will also post some comments on my top tunes (5/4 points) here:

You found my soft spot, and you hit it perfectly with this tune. Love the lead starting at around 0:35, love the chord progression, love the synth patches, love the drums, love... everything. This, together with the next track, is probably my favourite stuff from this compo:

Ooooh yeah. It's 80s time! <3 I'm still wondering about how you made some of the patches. This just hit another soft spot of mine! :D

The usual and expected k303 quality. Great techno tune with some really nice filter work.

G-Roove - The One
Excellent percussion work. Wondering how the claps were made.

bzur - 9planets
Nice journey. A great variety of sounds.

Pulse Width Modulation - Looking Out Looking In
Lovely DX7 piano, lovely background pad. Reminds me of one of my favourite D-50 sounds (Misterial Pad, if anyone is wondering).

Caine123 - City Of The Damned
Great patches. But man, keep the hand off that compressor. ;)

Relaxing. Love the pads.

z.prime - Pray for Change
Not a fan of the genre at all, this mostly got points for excellent sound design instead.

Lovely pads again, but also a nice stomping beat.

Carl_saved - God In The Desert
Fascinating sound design.

Last but not least, this is my first OSC, so I have no idea how "open" the authors of this community are when it comes to their source files, but since I always share the source files of my works, this time won't be an exception (temporary URL, will be moved once the results are out). I especially dare the composers of the aforementioned great compositions to open their source files! ;)

Ah I wasn't sure if we were allowed to tell folks our scores until voting was done?

In common with your list I had the following as 4 or 5 pointers too:

G-Roove - The One

I also had you:
Saga Musix - Synthetic Journey
I rated yours for both very clean production values and interesting melodic development throughout the track.

I also had some other top-scorers you didn't rate so highly:

Subject 26 - Light of Death
Just an amazing haunting lead sound to start then again interesting melodies popping up all the way thru.

Skyzone -Soulmates
If you are going to channel a movie soundtrack, you should always make it Bladerunner! Great tunes and outro as well.

Kullervo -OBL
My fave from the ones submitted early - beautiful haunting pads - like flowers opening after the rain...

Doc Jon - Run don't look back
Love the cheeky hook and the house piano chords.

Yeager - Scene Missing
I just like the way this bounces along but isn't too obvious - with the lead fading in and out- one of the more memorable hooks too..

Saukar - The Intergalactic funking of Lieutenant Veronica Killagroove
Has far too much fun and funk not to be a 4 pointer IMHO! And that background story man :D

Loris D - Midnite Affair
Feel that drop...and... bounce! 8)

Dr Bob - Space Bubbles
I'm not sure it quite all worked, but beautiful production values throughout and some genuinely lovely bits means I have to give it a 4...

APZX - Vivimus Hodie
Loved the production on this and the wonderful shift into uplifting major chords in the middle section...
Sonar Platinum, Ignite and Ableton Live 9 DAWS
AIR Hybrid 3, Synthmaster, Z3ta+2, Addictive Drums 2, True Piano Amber, Rapture, Dim Pro, BFD Eco, AAS Strum, Addictive Keys, Synth 1 VSTs
Nektar LX61, Korg MicroKey and Akai Pro LPD8 Pad

Well, the rules didn't say anything about keeping votes secret I think, but then again I said "5/4 points", and that list order is actually slightly randomized. :D There were a couple of more 4 point entries where I just couldn't come up with a comment.

Return to “Instruments”