Sundog Scale Studio 1.3.0 out now: Standalone MIDI tool for chord progressions and melodies

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Sundog Song Studio

Yep, the updates are free! Simply download the new version and install it over the old one. The installation routine will detect your registration key and keep your settings intact.

goatgirl: *g*, I feel with you :D. Producing and especially cutting the video made me visit the kitchen way more often than usual ;).
Songwriting software: Sundog Song Studio (standalone) | MelodicFlow (plug-in) | ChordPotion (plug-in) | XotoPad (Windows touch app)

Is this like Fruity Loops 1.0 all over again and will have developed into a full blown DAW built all around music theory 5 years from now?
Everything's spinning.

Hehe, interesting thought ;)...
I'm no FL user myself, but nevertheless I remember some versions of the past. I think nobody would have guessed that it could become the FL Studio that we know today.
Songwriting software: Sundog Song Studio (standalone) | MelodicFlow (plug-in) | ChordPotion (plug-in) | XotoPad (Windows touch app)

hauke wrote: goatgirl: *g*, I feel with you :D. Producing and especially cutting the video made me visit the kitchen way more often than usual ;).
You should win a prize for it, it's very well done :)

goatgirl wrote: You should win a prize for it, it's very well done :)

hauke wrote:Hehe, interesting thought ;)...
I'm no FL user myself, but nevertheless I remember some versions of the past. I think nobody would have guessed that it could become the FL Studio that we know today.
NO! PLEASE Don't go that route :pray:

Sundog Studio seems much more intuitive for generating ideas than FL ever was, in my mind.

As far as I know, FL today, albeit a great piece of software, cannot do what your program seems to be capable of - generating ideas for those time we become stagnant.

Please, please, please - we don't need another DAW software. ;)

We need software like this that can alleviate that writers block and come up with ideas to get the creativity juices flowing again :hug:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

dsan: No worries :). I want to keep the focus on ease of use and the creativity aspects. There are already so many great DAWs and synths out there that I don't need to make myself unhappy with DSP algorithms ;)

Hehe....You'll probably have my money tonight :hihi:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

please at least implement vsti support.. before i even try the demo will it hook up to reason?

Some customers use it with Reason, yes! I'm no Reason user, but this is the way how I could manage to connect the two:
http://www.feelyoursound.com/sundog-with-reason/

Some guides for other DAWs are available as well:
http://www.feelyoursound.com/faq-sundog/

hauke wrote:Some customers use it with Reason, yes! I'm no Reason user, but this is the way how I could manage to connect the two:
http://www.feelyoursound.com/sundog-with-reason/

Some guides for other DAWs are available as well:
http://www.feelyoursound.com/faq-sundog/

thank you very much, I will give it a go. This will bring cubase chord track type stuff i can then import to reason, so it's a big deal for me if i can get it to work, especially at that price.

My goodness that was easy, and it works! Do you suggest changing the default 6ms to 23ms for the midi control like your screenshot?

Now i just need to learn how to use Sundog! I didn't realise it was this easy to control Reason with external midi programs.. wonderful!

In case I am mistaken, i might be able to control it with logic in this fashion also and avoid rewire (therefore allowing reason to use multi cores)

May i ask, are there any major demo limitations or is this what the full version brings?

regards

Ok I just saw the demo limitations on the front of the GUI lol.. my bad...

ok the next obvious question is, does the chord generator have a mode where only chords that FIT (as in make sense to be the next part of the progression) are displayed?

edit, you know what, i will just watch the video.. Sorry :hihi:

i just got over excited cause this is so useful when i am in bed and don't have a midi keyboard to write chords and melodies. Well done.

Hands ON the blanket!!! :hihi:

There are no hints for chord progressions inside Sundog (yet?).
On the one hand it would be quite tempting to get some help inside Sundog here, but on the other hand I don't want to discourage anyone to go new ways ;).

That being said, I know of a nice flow chart that might be interesting for you:
http://mugglinworks.com/chordmaps/genmap.htm
It might look intimidating first, but actually it's quite easy to follow (Sundog uses roman numerals on the Chords Page as well, so it's really just comparing and clicking)

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”