---

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SLiC wrote:Maybe if we get every windows KVR user to get involved in this program and ALL request an aggregate audio devices function (like OSX) so that we can use more than one sound card without having to aiso4aLL -
ASIO is a Steinberg technology so Ms wont be able to. Ms use Wasapi for low latency which isn't greatly known or supported. Some DAWs can use it tho.

OK- never used a MAC, assumed Mac's also used ASIO and they can aggregate!
Seems a little crazy that AISO4All can aggregate when other drivers cant....So much new stuff from guitar effects to sound modules has audio and midi offer USB but I cant use it as inputs/outputs with my RME drivers under windows...
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote:OK- never used a MAC, assumed Mac's also used ASIO and they can aggregate!
Seems a little crazy that AISO4All can aggregate when other drivers cant....So much new stuff from guitar effects to sound modules has audio and midi offer USB but I cant use it as inputs/outputs with my RME drivers under windows...

Macs don't use ASIO - they have core audio. You can use external devices on Windows, depends how you do it. The usual way is audio route through send/return. FX etc is usually done within the DAW as a software plug in. Mix n match of different USB audio devices is unpredictable in any OS. Thats another thread tho I guess.

Windows already has low latency Wasapi. Onboard soundcards aren't stable, are Mac ones supposed to be stable?
The only site for experimental amp sim freeware & MIDI FX: http://runbeerrun.blogspot.com
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCprNcvVH6aPTehLv8J5xokA -Youtube jams

SLiC wrote:Seems a little crazy that AISO4All can aggregate when other drivers cant....
This is a bit misleading. Driver manufacturers COULD allow agreggation, but the inherent support issues make it not worth it. Pretty much all of them allow you to aggregate THEIR products.

Using ASIO4ALL is basically giving yourself the same functionality that the MAC has built in. But, in both cases it comes with timing, buffer, streaming and overhead issues. It's not the magic solution it sounds like (looks good on paper).
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

on the off chance that some of you would want to try Windows 10...

http://yro.slashdot.org/story/14/10/05/ ... -keylogger
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

t3toooo wrote:
UltraJv wrote:Anyone know where I can buy a bent iPhone 6?

I would wait for iPhone 7,it will be fully elastic.
You could use it like a slingshot?? :shock:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

whyterabbyt wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:i don't get the number skipping. i really don't
The amusing-but-sadly-believable theory is legacy applications which do this

if(version.StartsWith("Windows 9")) { /* 95 and 98 */ } else {

http://www.cnet.com/uk/news/is-this-why ... indows-10/
I don't think so, 9x series return 4.x version numbers.

95 is 4.0
98 is 4.10
Me is 4.90
2000 is 5.0
XP is 5.1
Vista is 6.0
7 is 6.1
8 is 6.2
10 is 6.4

IMO, they skipped version just to create a buzz and try to get people interested again, truly pathetic.

Burillo wrote:on the off chance that some of you would want to try Windows 10...

Its not a keylogger, its performance and diagnostic data for the beta. That's the whole point in them letting it out. They want to see how it performs automatically. Its explained in the EULA before you download. It won't be part of the final code.

Remember, sonar went from 8.5 to X.

That guy in the Windows 10 video sure looks familiar ??? No ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_Pq0xYr3L4

Let me get this straight.... Given the hideousness of the Windows 10 tech preview privacy policy, some of the apologists are saying that it isn't intended to be used for any real work or everyday use. First, that would imply that ms has no intentions of gathering data pertaining to the use of Windows 10 for real work and everyday use, which is completely backward to the reasons for having a tech preview. I mean, it should be common sense that you have to really use an os in order to find out where it's faults are. And to really use an os, you have to do the things that you normally do...work, play, web surfing, whatever it is that you use a computer for, which is most likely what the majority fo tech preview users are doing right now. Second, if it isn't intended for real use, then why is ms collecting personal data in the first place? You mean to tell me that they went through the trouble of collecting names, email addresses, phone data, voice data, searches, web history, etc. with the expectation that people won't be using the tech preview for real things? I don't want to sound too cynical, but give me a break.

UltraJv wrote:
Burillo wrote:on the off chance that some of you would want to try Windows 10...

Its not a keylogger, its performance and diagnostic data for the beta. That's the whole point in them letting it out. They want to see how it performs automatically. Its explained in the EULA before you download. It won't be part of the final code.
"enter text, we may collect typed characters and use them for purposes such as improving autocomplete and spellcheck features."

If they 'may' collect it, im guessing the keylogger (or whatever you would like to call software that records entered text) is in the tech preview.

Hey, donate money to me, i may use that money for purposes such as giving it to a charity. (but i might just buy some beer)

Im glad theyve written these data collection terms in english and not lawyer speak buried in 7k pages.

Since i see people mentioning using fake information, id like to point out that the EULA says you need to use your real information for Services, such as your MS account to get into this tech preview, and i know no one on KVR would tell people to break EULA's :D So if you create fake info / system / network, that information will be collected and dumped into your MS account.

As i can see it, you need to contact them to 'access' the collected data ("To access your data, please use the Web Form in the “How to Contact Us” section below."). Anyone tried to access their collected data yet?

Anyone here doing the enterprise edition? Mind sharing the iso file sizes?

KVR Audio Forum Signature is currently unavailable for your web browser.

sellyoursoul wrote:Let me get this straight.... Given the hideousness of the Windows 10 tech preview privacy policy, some of the apologists are saying that it isn't intended to be used for any real work or everyday use. First, that would imply that ms has no intentions of gathering data pertaining to the use of Windows 10 for real work and everyday use, which is completely backward to the reasons for having a tech preview. I mean, it should be common sense that you have to really use an os in order to find out where it's faults are. And to really use an os, you have to do the things that you normally do...work, play, web surfing, whatever it is that you use a computer for, which is most likely what the majority fo tech preview users are doing right now. Second, if it isn't intended for real use, then why is ms collecting personal data in the first place? You mean to tell me that they went through the trouble of collecting names, email addresses, phone data, voice data, searches, web history, etc. with the expectation that people won't be using the tech preview for real things? I don't want to sound too cynical, but give me a break.

Its not meant for joe public. They don't even know about it. Its a tech preview. Meant for devs. Its not a public release. Are you a dev? - no. They are open about what its meant to be. Would you rather that its operation and data discolsure was cloaked in mystery and that someone had discovered it by accident? If you worry about these things, you've got too much time on your hands, seriously. NOW, if the final version meant for joe public has all the data collection, THEN you will have a point. It wont. When you go to install an app on Android, it tells you what data it will collect. You can choose not to install it. Im glad that some systems are open about what they process. You need to take the third world order conspiracy somewhere else :-)

UltraJv wrote:Its not meant for joe public. They don't even know about it. Its a tech preview. Meant for devs. Its not a public release. Are you a dev? - no. They are open about what its meant to be. Would you rather that its operation and data discolsure was cloaked in mystery and that someone had discovered it by accident? If you worry about these things, you've got too much time on your hands, seriously. NOW, if the final version meant for joe public has all the data collection, THEN you will have a point. It wont. When you go to install an app on Android, it tells you what data it will collect. You can choose not to install it. Im glad that some systems are open about what they process. You need to take the third world order conspiracy somewhere else :-)
Im sorry but i think youre totally wrong. Read the info posted on their site:

"Things to keep in mind

Unexpected PC crashes could damage or even delete your files, so you should back up everything. Some printers and other hardware might not work, and some software might not install or work correctly, including antivirus or security programs. You might also have trouble connecting to home or corporate networks.
"

If Devs need to be told to back stuff up for a tech preview (why is important info / files being used for tech previewing?), then we are screwed as consumers, or else this is really ment to be for Devs and MS just views Devs as morons who in 2014 need to be told to back up files for a tech preview build. Sure seems like they know Joe is going to run this, IMO.

But ill repeat, im glad they, in plain language, were upfront about what this preview build will be doing. My concerns are that some idiot is going to have access to this keylogger / data mining, and be able to copy / paste it back into a virus for the final release later on.

Im really sad to see phones / tablets / pc all bundled into one OS. They say theyre listening to their customers, but are they really? Win 8 was a flop as far as MS is concered, IMO the reason theyre jumping to v10. They say theyre trying a new direction, but it seems to me the same direction 8 was.

OT, according to someone who muted me, VM loading of an OS is as if im not using it, so maybe Pydaw should drop the virtual builds, waste of bandwidth, we never used it!

KVR Audio Forum Signature is currently unavailable for your web browser.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”