Official Xils3 LE V2 Analog Modular ( The EMS VCS 3 Emulation )( CM version Released )

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
XILS 3 LE

Lotuzia wrote:
carrieres wrote:
carrieres wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:For the mouse over labels for the two outputs pan parameters it works ok for me : It indicates left and right as they should. Could someone confirm it shows EXT on some sytems ? ( Found by Amused )
i found the contrary PAN EXT on the skin and Pan Left and Pan Right for the mouse over labels :?
why the labels don't match the skin :?
Hi Christophe.
Mouse Over Labels display Pan Left (%), resp Pan R(%), wich seems relevant for Pan knobs. Adding *Ext* to the mouseover label names would not add anything I think. These are the only two pan knobs of the synth, so no confusion is possible. Why Pan EXT ? The GUI serigraphy is just identical to the way the knobs are named on the original EMS VCS 3 : Authentic sound, and also genuine labels :)
i wanted you to change the skin not the labels, but i understand : authentic skin :hihi:

Any chance of switching to software copy protection (or just adding support for ilok software protection) for the other Xils plugins?

SirKen wrote:Any chance of switching to software copy protection (or just adding support for ilok software protection) for the other Xils plugins?
like I said earlier all the xils stuff supports BOTH ilok and the steinberg elicenser - and elicenser has always supported the 'soft elicenser' option to activate to your pc (without a hardware key).

Arturia and waldorf use elicenser as well, it's just not as common as ilok

jdnz wrote:
SirKen wrote:Any chance of switching to software copy protection (or just adding support for ilok software protection) for the other Xils plugins?
like I said earlier all the xils stuff supports BOTH ilok and the steinberg elicenser - and elicenser has always supported the 'soft elicenser' option to activate to your pc (without a hardware key).

Arturia and waldorf use elicenser as well, it's just not as common as ilok
Did this change within the last year? Because I see this on the Xils-lab forum:

http://www.xils-lab.com/xo_phpBB/viewto ... nser#p6254

Also the one below:

https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/kn ... l_products
Which products are using the Soft-eLicenser for storing licenses (as of August 2013)?

Basic FX Suite
Cubase AI 4, Cubase AI 5, Cubase AI 6, Cubase AI 7
Cubase LE 4, Cubase LE 5, Cubase LE 6, Cubase LE 7
Cubase Elements 6, Cubase Elements 7
MP3 Encoder
Padshop, Padshop Pro
Retrologue
Sequel 1, Sequel 2, Sequel 3
Sequel LE 2, Sequel LE 3
Sequel Content Sets
Sonote beat re:edit
VST Sound Instrument Sets
VST Sound Loop Sets
WaveLab Essential 6
WaveLab Elements 7, WaveLab Elements 8
WaveLab LE 6, WaveLab LE 7, WaveLab LE 8

SirKen wrote:
Which products are using the Soft-eLicenser for storing licenses (as of August 2013)?

Basic FX Suite
MP3 Encoder
Padshop, Padshop Pro
Retrologue
Sequel LE 2, Sequel LE 3
Sequel Content Sets
VST Sound Loop Sets
WaveLab Essential 6
that list only lists STEINBERG products that work with SEL - notice no arturia products mentioned either?

as for activating xlis against SEL - as far as I'm aware the current elicenser s/w doesn't differentiate between the 'virtual' elicenser and the physical ones (unlike ilok - hence why only some updated plugins support local auth on ilok), but I just googled and saw Xavier posted this on facebook "You also can't use the soft-eLicenser (eLicenser doesn't provide it any more for new company since four years)" - so maybe that's his specific issue (since arturia etc were using it yonks back, wheras Xils is a new company)

jdnz wrote:
SirKen wrote:

Basic FX Suite
MP3 Encoder
Padshop, Padshop Pro
Retrologue
Sequel LE 2, Sequel LE 3
Sequel Content Sets
VST Sound Loop Sets
WaveLab Essential 6
that list only lists STEINBERG products that work with SEL - notice no arturia products mentioned either?

as for activating xlis against SEL - as far as I'm aware the current elicenser s/w doesn't differentiate between the 'virtual' elicenser and the physical ones (unlike ilok - hence why only some updated plugins support local auth on ilok), but I just googled and saw Xavier posted this on facebook "You also can't use the soft-eLicenser (eLicenser doesn't provide it any more for new company since four years)" - so maybe that's his specific issue (since arturia etc were using it yonks back, wheras Xils is a new company)
In that case, I repeat my question. Are there any plans for adding iLok software authorization support?

SirKen wrote: In that case, I repeat my question. Are there any plans for adding iLok software authorization support?
Yes Soft Elicencer wasn't offered to Xils-Lab. Nor was soft version of Ilok. But if one of these options should become available, it would certainly be considered very seriously.

Xils3 LE V2 is however only protected by a simple serial number
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Totally forgot to post the 5th audio demo

Xils3 LE V2 Demo 5

And here are the other ones.

Xils3 LE V2 demo 1
Xils3 LE V2 Demo 2
Xils3 LE V2 Demo 3
Xils3 LE V2 Demo 4

Only 13 days left to get the Xils 3 LE V2, a full featured analog modular synth, for a price ...... as low as 4€ :wink:

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia wrote: Yes Soft Elicencer wasn't offered to Xils-Lab. Nor was soft version of Ilok. But if one of these options should become available, it would certainly be considered very seriously.
I think you need to go back and talk to ilok if you want to utilise their new dongleless option, lots of other developers are already offering it, just a matter of discussing it with them (and how much they're going to charge you for the privilege)

I downloaded version 2.0.2 last week and now the website lists version 2.0.2 as having been updated 2 days ago. How many versions of 2.0.2 are there and how can I tell them apart? Why aren't you incrementing the version number on each update since that's precisely what version numbers are for? :wink:

cubanoid wrote:I downloaded version 2.0.2 last week and now the website lists version 2.0.2 as having been updated 2 days ago. How many versions of 2.0.2 are there and how can I tell them apart? Why aren't you incrementing the version number on each update since that's precisely what version numbers are for? :wink:
I agree this could be confused !
For fixing rapidly problems (sometime too quickly, bringing other bugs :oops: ), I provide a beta versions. This way, some users can have their product working when the previous official version don't work for them.

But doing this way, it's a bit difficult and quite time demanding to change the number version at each new upload. That's why I inform about the date the version was uploaded.

Within your plug-in, opening the about panel (option->about), you can also see the build date.

When the version is officially released, then the number doesn't change anymore and the installer is remain the same.
You can find all the previous version in the "Archives" page linked in every product download pages in case you would need to downgrade your product.

Best regards
Xavier

Lotuzia wrote: Hi EN1 , thanks for the news tests :)

Typos : We're progressing :hihi:

Yes, but there are some more. :)

(This time ive checked them all, i will go through them one by one.)

- General: VCO and ADSR are not words, they are abbreviations. Vco and Adsr should therefore be corrected.

- Osc1/2/3 Tuning and Range Tooltips: 'Vco' should be corrected to 'VCO'.

- Osc2/3 Tuning and Range Knobs: Tooltips not triggered by mouse-over until clicked at least once.

- Osc1 Range Tooltip: Superfluous 'Osc1' after Range.

- Osc1/2/3 Shape: UI Labels say 'SHAPE' but tooltips say 'Width'. Should be made consistent.

- Osc2/3 Shape Tooltip: Trailing % sign missing.

- Osc2/3 Triangle Level Knobs: Tooltips say 'Saw Level'.

- Envelope ADSR Tooltips: 'Vca' should be corrected to 'VCA'.

- Envelope Attack Tooltip: Attack written in lowercase, also missing 'Time'. (D and R have it.)

- Level/Trapezoid Tooltip: 'Vca' and 'Adsr' should be corrected to 'VCA' and 'ADSR'.

- Noise Generator: UI Label says 'COLOR' but tooltip says 'Colour'. Should be made consistent.

- Gate Attack Tooltip: Not triggered by mouse-over at all. Appears on mouse-down only.

- PitchTracker Zero outer Knob: No tooltip.

- PitchTracker Zero inner Knob: Tooltip not triggered by mouse-over until clicked at least once.

- Sequencer Clock Count Knob: No tooltip.

- Sequencer Clock Rate Knob: Tooltip not triggered by mouse-over until clicked at least once.

- Sequencer outer Range Knobs: No tooltips.

- Sequencer inner Range Knobs: Tooltips not triggered by mouse-over until clicked at least once.

- PitchBend Range Tooltip: Says 'semi-ton' instead of 'semi-tone'.

- G. Level Tooltip: Says 'General' whereas G. Tune tooltip says 'Global'. Should be made consistent.

Note: Once the knobs exhibiting the mouse-over tooltip problem have been clicked/used, their tooltips will show on mouse-over, but only for the rest of the session. In other words after exiting and restarting the plugin these knobs will all have to be clicked again for the tooltips to show on mouse-over.

So much for the tooltip and label stuff. The technical stuff ive found will have to wait until i have some time again, but i will get around to it eventually. In the meantime it would be great if Xavier could explain what KEYB ON and KEYB OFF are actually supposed to be doing, (i.e. what is supposed to be Gate, what Trigger, etc.), and why it says KEYB OFF on the small grid but KEYB GATE in the enlarged window.

PS: Upon further testing i also found that the effect that i described can be observed with the startup preset after all. All you have to do is set the envelope from SHAPER to ADSR mode and it behaves just like my INIT preset.

ENV1 wrote:
Lotuzia wrote: Hi EN1 , thanks for the news tests :)

Typos : We're progressing :hihi:

Yes, but there are some more. :)

(This time ive checked them all, i will go through them one by one.)

- General: VCO and ADSR are not words, they are abbreviations. Vco and Adsr should therefore be corrected.

- Osc1/2/3 Tuning and Range Tooltips: 'Vco' should be corrected to 'VCO'.

- Osc2/3 Tuning and Range Knobs: Tooltips not triggered by mouse-over until clicked at least once.

- Osc1 Range Tooltip: Superfluous 'Osc1' after Range.

- Osc1/2/3 Shape: UI Labels say 'SHAPE' but tooltips say 'Width'. Should be made consistent.

- Osc2/3 Shape Tooltip: Trailing % sign missing.

- Osc2/3 Triangle Level Knobs: Tooltips say 'Saw Level'.

- Envelope ADSR Tooltips: 'Vca' should be corrected to 'VCA'.

- Envelope Attack Tooltip: Attack written in lowercase, also missing 'Time'. (D and R have it.)

- Level/Trapezoid Tooltip: 'Vca' and 'Adsr' should be corrected to 'VCA' and 'ADSR'.

- Noise Generator: UI Label says 'COLOR' but tooltip says 'Colour'. Should be made consistent.

- Gate Attack Tooltip: Not triggered by mouse-over at all. Appears on mouse-down only.

- PitchTracker Zero outer Knob: No tooltip.

- PitchTracker Zero inner Knob: Tooltip not triggered by mouse-over until clicked at least once.

- Sequencer Clock Count Knob: No tooltip.

- Sequencer Clock Rate Knob: Tooltip not triggered by mouse-over until clicked at least once.

- Sequencer outer Range Knobs: No tooltips.

- Sequencer inner Range Knobs: Tooltips not triggered by mouse-over until clicked at least once.

- PitchBend Range Tooltip: Says 'semi-ton' instead of 'semi-tone'.

- G. Level Tooltip: Says 'General' whereas G. Tune tooltip says 'Global'. Should be made consistent.

Note: Once the knobs exhibiting the mouse-over tooltip problem have been clicked/used, their tooltips will show on mouse-over, but only for the rest of the session. In other words after exiting and restarting the plugin these knobs will all have to be clicked again for the tooltips to show on mouse-over.

So much for the tooltip and label stuff. The technical stuff ive found will have to wait until i have some time again, but i will get around to it eventually. In the meantime it would be great if Xavier could explain what KEYB ON and KEYB OFF are actually supposed to be doing, (i.e. what is supposed to be Gate, what Trigger, etc.), and why it says KEYB OFF on the small grid but KEYB GATE in the enlarged window.

PS: Upon further testing i also found that the effect that i described can be observed with the startup preset after all. All you have to do is set the envelope from SHAPER to ADSR mode and it behaves just like my INIT preset.
Thanks EV1, I'll check each of these tooltips one by one. Colour should be corrected for sure. Shape has different meanings according to osc wf so I'll check these too. For the kb-on/off I dont remember what you said the first time, sorry, I'll try to recover your original post ( but this thread is quite long :? )

jdnz wrote:
Lotuzia wrote: Yes Soft Elicencer wasn't offered to Xils-Lab. Nor was soft version of Ilok. But if one of these options should become available, it would certainly be considered very seriously.
I think you need to go back and talk to ilok if you want to utilise their new dongleless option, lots of other developers are already offering it, just a matter of discussing it with them (and how much they're going to charge you for the privilege)
Hi Jdnz,

Xils is now considering this solution :)

--------------------------

Else : 12 days left to get this wonderfull modular analog synth for as low as 4€. If you dont have any modular VA yet, its the one to pick up and the right time to do it. Same if you dont have any VA. And same if you already have every VA under the sun : This one sounds unique and gorgeous.

Lotuzia wrote:For the kb-on/off I dont remember what you said the first time, sorry, I'll try to recover your original post ( but this thread is quite long :? )
The problem is that either the labels are wrong and the functions are right, or the labels are right and the functions are wrong. (At least when you consider that KEYB ON normally provides the Trigger voltage for the AD stages and the Gate voltage for the Sustain stage whereas KEYB OFF would merely provide the Trigger voltage for the Release stage. But thats not how it currently works.) Thats why it would be good if Xavier explained what exactly he intended for KEYB ON and KEYB OFF to do, i.e. what is supposed to do what, and why, and any other details he can give. Until that part is fully clear its all just poking in the dark, especially since the inconsistent labeling (KEYB OFF on small grid vs KEYB GATE in enlarged window) confuses the whole thing even more.

Return to “Instruments”