Ircam Lab TS - Have you tried it?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Neon Breath wrote:Been a while since any update or news... What's going on?
Abandonware?
It's now 3 1/2 years since version 1.0 and the latest update (bug fix) is 1.0.11, March 2015. Exactly three years without any of the new features requested here and in GS (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product ... mac-3.html).

Apparently, a new version, TS Pro, was revealed at NAMM 2017 (!), but no news since then and no indication if there's an upgrade path planned from TS.

Currently, you can buy TS (2015 version) for $49.99. I'm not tempted, since I already have several excellent time stretchers/transposers. Caveat emptor…

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Nick Hamilton wrote:
Neon Breath wrote:One thing missing that could help alot the sound manipulations, is a filter. To tone down before rendering/bouncing frequencies that are either too high, or too low.
Hello Neon Breath,

Great idea.

Of course, with pitching up or down we are going to get some frequencies that could get ultra low or high that might cause some problems.

It would be great to cut them out before doing the export.

I will pass it on to the developers.

Best Regards,

Nick
...and 4 years later... :roll:

Thanks for the heads up on the sale. I usually don't keep up with Audio Deluxe as I should. I quite like TS, I just couldn't plunk down that much moola before!

I just did a quick and dirty test live on video with the demo version of TS, using a cello flageolet texture - it's a pretty basic but very good program giving me all the features I have in Falcon with IRCAM Stretch plus some (formant shifting, analysis and more) in real time, for the current discount price I won't resist. It could use a limiter though, overloading the signal happens frequently when shifting the formants and adjusting the transient - sine - noise-balance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AovD2FnvYJM

Currently $29 from IrcamLab 👍

frackermak wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:16 am Currently $29 from IrcamLab 👍
Thanks for the pointer. It's not on sale at the distributors - you have to go directly to IRCAM (at the moment) to get it for $29.
Last edited by plexuss on Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

plexuss wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:11 pm
It would be helpful if you post a pointer to a deal that you include where. All the places I checked so far do not have it on sale.
From their own site:

https://www.ircamlab.com/products/p1680-TS/

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:15 pm
It would be helpful if you post a pointer to a deal that you include where. All the places I checked so far do not have it on sale.
From their own site:

https://www.ircamlab.com/products/p1680-TS/
Yeah. I just saw that.

Well, frackermak did exactly that, didn't he? IrcamLab is currently selling TS for $29. Didn't you look there? :roll:

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Spitfire31 wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:30 pm
Well, frackermak did exactly that, didn't he? IrcamLab is currently selling TS for $29. Didn't you look there? :roll:
You're a little late to the game bub. :)

I have played with the demo but so far it does not seem useful. As a vst maybe, but it is only standalone. There are a lot of obvious artefacts with some settings, and not in a good way. I definitely recommend demoing with material you might use it on to see if it is for you

Flux Ircam Trax is the VST of this (Transformer ). But it priced a bit silly at 400 bucks. Sure cool tech, but very limited use imo.

How is this compared to, say, PaulStretch, for lowering the speed of long samples into epic soundscapes?

It doesn’t go as extreme as PaulStretch.
After demoing it, and initially very sceptical about the lack of updates, decided to buy it as is. Can’t go wrong for 29 bucks.
I find the transient, sines and noise removal really useful functions.
Time stretching a few drumbeats and single drumshots sounded good as well.

RikkShow wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:27 am Flux Ircam Trax is the VST of this (Transformer ). But it priced a bit silly at 400 bucks. Sure cool tech, but very limited use imo.
thanks, yeah that is a laughable price. (checked a video of TRAX - much more powerful and involved than TS )

Return to “Effects”