Ircam Lab TS - Have you tried it?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thank you XComposer, i tried doubling the FFT to 4096 and there was a significant increase in quality, i will experiment with the fundamental FR and other values to understand better the program.
aliasing plugin owner
:?

martiu wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:17 am Thank you XComposer, i tried doubling the FFT to 4096 and there was a significant increase in quality, i will experiment with the fundamental FR and other values to understand better the program.
Also check the different windowing options.

The Hamming window doesn't reach zero on either side of the window so it's not as continuous as the Hann window where both sides reach 0 but the Hann window may sound a bit more "smeary" than the other options.

The Blackman has a wider central lobe than Hamming or Hann.

Also the window overlapping feature can significantly alter the behaviour and combined with the windowing method and FFT size there are a lot of options.

Ultimately very much depends on the material.

Each combination will produce varying degrees of spectral leakage that manifests as extra spectral content. Sometimes good and sometimes bad.

TS2 is one of those programs that looks very simple but there is a massive amount of variability and interactivity between the parameters.

It's a great tool.

kraster wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:11 pm
martiu wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 11:17 am Thank you XComposer, i tried doubling the FFT to 4096 and there was a significant increase in quality, i will experiment with the fundamental FR and other values to understand better the program.
TS2 is one of those programs that looks very simple but there is a massive amount of variability and interactivity between the parameters.

It's a great tool.
Completely agree, when i was trying the demo i was like - hm, looks simple, will use it for some sample manipulation, plugins will give it a bit more options in terms of sound design possibilities.
But now i realize there is much more in it than i thought, it is deeper program.
I like it very much, brilliant tool.
aliasing plugin owner
:?

martiu wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:16 pm
kraster wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:11 pm

It's a great tool.
Completely agree, when i was trying the demo i was like - hm, looks simple, will use it for some sample manipulation, plugins will give it a bit more options in terms of sound design possibilities.
But now i realize there is much more in it than i thought, it is deeper program.
I like it very much, brilliant tool.

I tried it without much expectations.

But the first time I just put a random piece of music into it and adjusted the tempo down to around 6bpm I was amazed by the results.

It's unexpectedly really musical despite its academic trappings.

In a world of audio hammers TS2 is a scalpel!

Return to “Effects”