Official Serum thread!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Well, it's not KVR if there's no paranoia around. Strange how a well regarded dev like steve duda still get this kind of reaction here.
musisikamar.com

xamido wrote:Well, it's not KVR if there's no paranoia around. Strange how a well regarded dev like steve duda still get this kind of reaction here.

I have become aware from being on KVR, to separate the developer from the instrument and their support. They are three different things which make up the whole and it only takes one of them to be flawed to warrant the product not being worthy in the long run.

I've had a few really good products that are no longer worth the time of dealing with its other necessary components.

With all the 'bug' fixes and suggestions to add to this product, is it really any different in asking the developer to do what they can to get rid of 'false-positive' readings from the AVS? This, IMO, should have been done as a matter of course before release. And when the largest number of posters have appeared non-existent for the most part until just for this, it really begs the question of whether they really are individuals or just a single person with multiple sleeper profiles.

You may not want to excuse my skepticism here, but it does all come from what I've learned on KVR.

I'm with valerian_777 on this one. Bit of a storm in a tea cup.

* edited for clarity

Andy and Steve are two of the best developers in the business. Both are honest, do amazing work, and they spend a great deal of time interacting in a positive way with their customers. Steve and Andy are as good as it gets as far as I'm concerned. In the software world giving people credit for their work is always expected, and now that credit is appropriately more clear.

Anyway, back to this amazing synth, Serum. This synth is so visual. You can tell what's happening with each adjustment. You can see some of this even in LFOTool, and Steve took this to the next level with Serum. The workflow in this synth is absolutely fantastic. Well done. You can tell this synth was designed by someone who creates music using synths.

As for the sound, I think that speaks for itself. This synth sounds amazing. And, the presets are some of the best I've seen in any synth. Combine design, sound, and presets with the years of amazing tech support many of us have received from Steve, and I think this synth is a clear must buy and a clear contender for synth of the year.
Last edited by billcarroll on Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:28 am, edited 6 times in total.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

BBFG# wrote:Kontakt in itself was a hard enough sell to me. Every library I buy for it takes a chance. Some have paid off, some have not.
Yep, it's hit and miss with me as well... Added to that I'm not too keen on it's controls and architecture.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

BBFG# wrote:Then it should only be better down the line.
And it is nice to see at least three or four of the posters here are here regularly and not just those springing out of nowhere for just this release.
Serum is the real deal. It does indeed sound great from cold-as-space digital to fat-in-the-pants warm analog, and programming the thing is dead simple despite the power.

See post-count. #nochumming

BBFG# wrote: I have become aware from being on KVR, to separate the developer from the instrument and their support. They are three different things which make up the whole and it only takes one of them to be flawed to warrant the product not being worthy in the long run.
you realize that the user named bit_crusher is the developers avatar?
BBFG# wrote: With all the 'bug' fixes and suggestions to add to this product, is it really any different in asking the developer to do what they can to get rid of 'false-positive' readings from the AVS? This, IMO, should have been done as a matter of course before release.
really?
after having worked mostly alone for years on this thing, knowing that its not a virus, why would he bother to inform (preferrably all) snake-oil companies that its not a virus? shouldn't they (avs or whatever) be the ones with the skills to know whats a synth and whats a virus?!?
BBFG# wrote: And when the largest number of posters have appeared non-existent for the most part until just for this, it really begs the question of whether they really are individuals or just a single person with multiple sleeper profiles.
paranoia kickin in again?

Thought I'd better post again to up my post count...where are we drawing the line for Serum chumming :wink:

db3 wrote:Thought I'd better post again to up my post count...where are we drawing the line for Serum chumming :wink:
Looking at BBFG#'s post-per-day count, you practically have to live here.

db3 wrote:Thought I'd better post again to up my post count...where are we drawing the line for Serum chumming :wink:
3k minimum

Robmobius wrote:
BBFG# wrote:Kontakt in itself was a hard enough sell to me. Every library I buy for it takes a chance. Some have paid off, some have not.
Yep, it's hit and miss with me as well... Added to that I'm not too keen on it's controls and architecture.
Its taken me some time to get use to it too. And still think it could use some improvements in that regard.
And yes, post count makes the difference here Phase47! :tu:

And to the others, don't confuse paranoia with skepticism.
Like I said, I merely am taking a wait and see on this until it has been further developed.
Its far too soon to decide on it one way or the other.

phdsg vn chfhn wrote:
BBFG# wrote: I have become aware from being on KVR, to separate the developer from the instrument and their support. They are three different things which make up the whole and it only takes one of them to be flawed to warrant the product not being worthy in the long run.
you realize that the user named bit_crusher is the developers avatar?
Yes, I also have seen too many times when a developer blasts the forums in manic forms only to suddenly disappear after the initial sales feeding frenzy has passed. Which appears even more prevalent with this release than I've seen with others. Which is one of those 'flags' I was speaking of.

Again, better to wait and see about this after that stage passes too.

(And your post count definitely begs the question...)
Last edited by BBFG# on Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sorry BBFG#, I think I must be one of your sleeper fanbois.

Oh dear.

BBFG# wrote:...
(And your post count definitely begs the question...)
being?

argumentum ad verecundiam, anyone?

oh look, latin :D

I got my post count from checking in here pretty much daily, so i guess in a way you do kind of have to live here. KVR is addictive though!
:borg:

Psychology and group dynamics (especially with those of a dual diagnosis) is my specialty.

Return to “Instruments”