Official Serum thread!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Caine123 wrote:im a bit sad that there are so many EDM sets and stuff but not a Droney, FX, Soundtrack pack, with all the modulations etc. i can imagine awesome wicked sounds instead of typial Saw leads etc. which you can do in nearly all other synths as well ;).
Definitely in need of a be-all end-all ambient / space-music set. Serum would kill. @Luftrum, pretty please?

Phase47 wrote:
Caine123 wrote:im a bit sad that there are so many EDM sets and stuff but not a Droney, FX, Soundtrack pack, with all the modulations etc. i can imagine awesome wicked sounds instead of typial Saw leads etc. which you can do in nearly all other synths as well ;).
Definitely in need of a be-all end-all ambient / space-music set. Serum would kill. @Luftrum, pretty please?
Until Luftrum will consieder, did you try this: ?
http://sound.artenuovo.com/warmed.html

Cheers, :)
Joseph

Caine123 wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
Kain wrote:
Steve made all the other synths less valuable and set a new standard! :D
Nah, let's not get carried away here, for wavetable synthesis I think Serum is it, but that's it.
i know i suck cause i got too many synths i dont know but i purchased Serum from a member here and wait for transfer, i think the new Waldorf plugin will be interesting too for wavetable stuff and modulations. but if you say that Serum is it then it means a lot and i think wavetable + those modulations = normally no other synth needed lol.
Well, if you enjoy getting more and more synths and not learning/understanding any of them to their full potential, then please go ahead, but reading some of your threads (How to do this or that, why doesn't this or that work, wtf is this or that - and so on) sometimes you seem to suffer from the overkill of possibilities and your lack of understanding what you got already.

When you start spending up to 500 dollars on a plugin that cures you just collecting and not actually making music. I might not even buy omnisphere 2 because I won't be done with omnisphere ever. But the new way of exploring patches is going to make my workflow more efficient. Anyway, when I stopped using cracked plugins, that was the day I really get value of the plugins I bought or I would steal from my own wallet.

Kain wrote:When you start spending up to 500 dollars on a plugin that cures you just collecting and not actually making music.
Well, who said collecting instruments and making music are mutually exclusive? There are those of us who consider making music and collecting gear/software to be two separate but related hobbies.
Kain wrote:I might not even buy omnisphere 2 because I won't be done with Omnisphere ever. But the new way of exploring patches is going to make my workflow more efficient.
That's totally your prerogative, get it or not based on if any or all of the features are valuable to you. I don't care much about the patch exploration (though I may change my mind on that) but the idea of having a wavetable engine and sample import make it a must have for me. I won't turn my nose up at some extra effects either, as I've always found Spectrasonics effects to be some of the best in software instruments.
Kain wrote:Anyway, when I stopped using cracked plugins, that was the day I really get value of the plugins I bought or I would steal from my own wallet.
:o

wut? Well... I guess there are worse ways to impose self limits... but "I only use synths I can buy" isn't going to win you any honors. Now I'm not saying I'm in line for any sainthood, but I can tell you that the one time I used pirated software was unknowingly and as soon as I realized what had happened (a friend gave me a disc of "freeware and demos." This man is no longer my friend) I uninstalled it all. Not because I felt I had too many software synthesis options, but because I make my living selling IP and the idea of stealing it from someone else is super repugnant to me.

Oddly, this disc came to me unbidden as part of a purchase of 2 music CDs from the guy,who's an artist. One of the music CDs was blank and he refused to replace it because he thought I was trying to rip him off or something. :nutter: :nutter: :nutter: :dog:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Sampleconstruct wrote:
Caine123 wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
Kain wrote:
Nah, let's not get carried away here, for wavetable synthesis I think Serum is it, but that's it.
i know i suck cause i got too many synths i dont know but i purchased Serum from a member here and wait for transfer, i think the new Waldorf plugin will be interesting too for wavetable stuff and modulations. but if you say that Serum is it then it means a lot and i think wavetable + those modulations = normally no other synth needed lol.
Well, if you enjoy getting more and more synths and not learning/understanding any of them to their full potential, then please go ahead, but reading some of your threads (How to do this or that, why doesn't this or that work, wtf is this or that - and so on) sometimes you seem to suffer from the overkill of possibilities and your lack of understanding what you got already.
i totally admit this :)!!! and am very glad that some have patience with me but i also try not to start a topic for every minor issue like in the past :D
hollo wrote:
Phase47 wrote:

Joseph
this is Serum?!?!?!?? wow!!!! absolutely wonderful full and Warm (yeah warm here and there ;)) sounding!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Also not EDM: http://fabledaudio.com/magic-serum-soun ... ords-serum

Was going to link to the Vintage Synth Pads soundset as well, but Zak's site is redirecting to Google search right now.

VST & Hardware presets, FL Studio templates, samples and MIDI from NatLife & friends -www.natlifesounds.com

Greg Houston wrote:Also not EDM: http://fabledaudio.com/magic-serum-soun ... ords-serum

Was going to link to the Vintage Synth Pads soundset as well, but Zak's site is redirecting to Google search right now.
And both of these sets, along with Simon's, are exceedingly good. :clap:

zerocrossing wrote:
Kain wrote:When you start spending up to 500 dollars on a plugin that cures you just collecting and not actually making music.
Well, who said collecting instruments and making music are mutually exclusive? There are those of us who consider making music and collecting gear/software to be two separate but related hobbies.
Kain wrote:I might not even buy omnisphere 2 because I won't be done with Omnisphere ever. But the new way of exploring patches is going to make my workflow more efficient.
That's totally your prerogative, get it or not based on if any or all of the features are valuable to you. I don't care much about the patch exploration (though I may change my mind on that) but the idea of having a wavetable engine and sample import make it a must have for me. I won't turn my nose up at some extra effects either, as I've always found Spectrasonics effects to be some of the best in software instruments.
Kain wrote:Anyway, when I stopped using cracked plugins, that was the day I really get value of the plugins I bought or I would steal from my own wallet.
:o

wut? Well... I guess there are worse ways to impose self limits... but "I only use synths I can buy" isn't going to win you any honors. Now I'm not saying I'm in line for any sainthood, but I can tell you that the one time I used pirated software was unknowingly and as soon as I realized what had happened (a friend gave me a disc of "freeware and demos." This man is no longer my friend) I uninstalled it all. Not because I felt I had too many software synthesis options, but because I make my living selling IP and the idea of stealing it from someone else is super repugnant to me.

Oddly, this disc came to me unbidden as part of a purchase of 2 music CDs from the guy,who's an artist. One of the music CDs was blank and he refused to replace it because he thought I was trying to rip him off or something. :nutter: :nutter: :nutter: :dog:

And I was 14 playing around with the demo of FL Studio 2.0.1 in 1999, until I was so done with losing my work when you would close the program (could not save in that demo) and got a crack by downloading it over the internet in the library, since we did not have an internet connection back then (got the demo from a cd in a magazine)

It was not until 2003 that I bought my first piece of software, Spectrasonics Atmosphere and later that year the producer edition of FL Studio. We got internet in 2002, and I already had a couple hundred GB of software and samples to use for making music that I got without paying for it. My guilt started working on me so I deleted everything, even all the .flp files (I kept all the renders). In retrospect that was the stupidest thing I ever did. Then there I was with just a handful of plugins ... and instead of looking for new software to download for a couple of years I just used what I had and got deeper into the software and my music started improving. Everybody is different. There are lots of young guy that make music and they have never bought a single piece of software. Once they do, internally you assign much more value to it, then when you just download for free.

hollo wrote:
Phase47 wrote:

Joseph
Very nice set. Really shows a side of Serum that's not really highlighted by the factory presets. When I first demoed Serum I feared that "cold" sound was inherent to it's nature, but soon found that with careful use of some of the filters (most notably the French and German ones) that a very "hardwareish" sound was there. Makes me feel silly for buying Codex.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote:Makes me feel silly for buying Codex.
You're not the only one. :oops:

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Well, if you've got Codex still, this is worth checking out
http://soundsdivine.com/product/codex-other-voices/

ftech wrote:
And both of these sets, along with Simon's, are exceedingly good. :clap:
Agreed, and "Concentrated for Serum" is half price right now which is a sweet deal.
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

Kain wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
Tjgoa wrote:why are there 5 related products in the Official Serum thread! there should one: serum no? just got confused for a second :ud:
Only 5? There must be 20+ by now.
In a year there will be 100+

In an official thread about a vsti I think it makes more sense to have only one product listed in related products category. This is the main thread for serum, more related products being listed is better suited for general threads about serum no?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Return to “Instruments”