AIR XPand! 2 Coming To VST/AU

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone looking forward to this who doesn't already own Pro Tools?

http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home-pa ... u-ver.html

Pricing

AU and VST - $99.99
Existing owners of AIEP will be able to purchase for $39.99

*Pro Tools owners wishing to use AU and VST versions will also be subject to the same pricing
*AAX and RTAS versions will remain free built into Pro Tools

Carey

I am very interested. Structure also had some VERY good patches (though I am still trying to figure it out).

Cool. The XPand! 2 AAX plugin included with ProTools 11 has a ton of really great presets IMO. Nice to hear that it will also come as a VST plugin.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

careyletendre wrote:Pricing
AU and VST - $99.99
I think it is a bit too steep, hope there will be a sale some time

Based on the description, I'm thinking it has some similarities with Ravity?:
Xpand!2 is a virtual workstation synthesizer featuring a broad range of sound generation possibilities including multi-sampled instruments as well as FM, wavetable, and virtual analog synthesis.

The settings of all four slots and their respective Parts can be saved as a single Patch. Xpand!2 comes with a set of over 2300 Patches, created by renowned sound designers.

Numanoid wrote:
careyletendre wrote:Pricing
AU and VST - $99.99
I think it is a bit too steep, hope there will be a sale some time

Based on the description, I'm thinking it has some similarities with Ravity?:
Xpand!2 is a virtual workstation synthesizer featuring a broad range of sound generation possibilities including multi-sampled instruments as well as FM, wavetable, and virtual analog synthesis.

The settings of all four slots and their respective Parts can be saved as a single Patch. Xpand!2 comes with a set of over 2300 Patches, created by renowned sound designers.
More Hypersonic (even has some of the original patches albeit with new names), it's really the successor to that, so well worth it to me.

Don't think it's steep priced at all at $99.

With the AAX plugin i was really impressed by the quality of the presets. Reminds me of a hardware workstation like e.g. my Yamaha Motif ES7.
Have not tried doing my own patches with it yet.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

This is amazing news! Correct me if I'm wrong, but XPand was created by Wizoo, the creators of Hypersonic 2! And I believe it's somewhat like Hypersonic 2 - $99 is an excellent price, I think, I don't know what Numanoid is talking about.

Great news! I remember the great sound, very nice patches. Sort of Hypersonic brother. AFAIK Xpand2 was in Protools SE as well as i tried M-Audio's C400 interface.

Does anybody know if you can edit the sounds in Xpand 2? I've been watching some videos on Youtube, but I haven't found any that show patch editing.

I pay gladly $39,99 for this! :)
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Just out of interest how does the wavetable engine in Hybrid compare to this? I love the wavetable synth in Hypersonic so would be interested if Hybrid's is an evolution from that design?

basslinemaster wrote:Does anybody know if you can edit the sounds in Xpand 2? I've been watching some videos on Youtube, but I haven't found any that show patch editing.
Unfortunately, other than a few 'smart controls' for each patch, the sounds themselves can't be edited very much.

Carey

careyletendre wrote:
basslinemaster wrote:Does anybody know if you can edit the sounds in Xpand 2? I've been watching some videos on Youtube, but I haven't found any that show patch editing.
Unfortunately, other than a few 'smart controls' for each patch, the sounds themselves can't be edited very much.

Carey
Oh that is different from Hypersonic then, you can get into each sound and edit it in H2.

basslinemaster wrote:This is amazing news! Correct me if I'm wrong, but XPand was created by Wizoo, the creators of Hypersonic 2!
Wizoo became AIR after being purchased by Avid in 2005.

Carey

Return to “Instruments”