Recabinet 4

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Karzog wrote:I'm saying, you'd log in to download the plugin. That's it. No activation at all. People lose their keyfiles all the time and then end up in a studio situation with the plugin but not the keyfile, and no Internet connectivity. The only customer support issues I've ever had in the whole time Recabinet has been around are related to the keyfile system. It's an annoyance and doesn't seem to stop the crackers, who always seem to crack the latest version within 24 hours or less every time.

I trust my users and I'm over it. Dongles, keyfiles, CR, or almost any other form of copy protection are inherently anti consumer.
:clap: :clap:
"I got a car battery and two jumper cables that argue different."
Rust Cohle

egbert wrote:
Karzog wrote:I'm saying, you'd log in to download the plugin. That's it. No activation at all. People lose their keyfiles all the time and then end up in a studio situation with the plugin but not the keyfile, and no Internet connectivity. The only customer support issues I've ever had in the whole time Recabinet has been around are related to the keyfile system. It's an annoyance and doesn't seem to stop the crackers, who always seem to crack the latest version within 24 hours or less every time.

I trust my users and I'm over it. Dongles, keyfiles, CR, or almost any other form of copy protection are inherently anti consumer.
:clap: :clap:
+ :clap:
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

Kazrog wrote: I'm saying, you'd log in to download the plugin. That's it. No activation at all. People lose their keyfiles all the time and then end up in a studio situation with the plugin but not the keyfile, and no Internet connectivity. The only customer support issues I've ever had in the whole time Recabinet has been around are related to the keyfile system. It's an annoyance and doesn't seem to stop the crackers, who always seem to crack the latest version within 24 hours or less every time.

Remember the iLokalypse Summer 2013

Samples and presets and free stuff!

I won't be upgrading I don't think and definitely not for the amp sim part.I used to get excited over new amp sims. Now I'm kinda Meh.I just don't care anymore.
I neither welcome new amp sims nor play this amp sim vs that these days.
After owning Amplitube, Scuffham Amps,Vintage Amp Room,Overloud, Guitar Rig I just don't care anymore. I'm open to game changing plugins these days but I lost the urge I had too own whatever's new because it is new if that makes sense. Amp sims to me now are just more of the same with a slightly different whatever. I'm not collecting anymore.
I just see different versions of the same thing but nothing that moves me in recent years.
Last edited by dblock on Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dblock wrote:I'm open to game changing plugins
Well, to be fair: we don't quite know yet - it might be.

Otherwise I already seconded your point:
as a cabinet simulator Recabinet was pretty much without contenders.
As amp simulator with a collection of cabinets it is one among many.

I've pre-ordered my upgrade. "I want to believe."
Greetings
D.
"There's a certain detail seen here."

Debby747 wrote:
dblock wrote:I'm open to game changing plugins
Well, to be fair: we don't quite know yet - it might be.

Otherwise I already seconded your point:
as a cabinet simulator Recabinet was pretty much without contenders.
As amp simulator with a collection of cabinets it is one among many.

I've pre-ordered my upgrade. "I want to believe."
Greetings
D.
Hopefully,it'll be a game changer for you or at least something you're happy with.

Can't wait for v4 to come out. For all the additional stuff I've bought since, Recabinet still sees regular use.

No DRM is a bonus. I almost feel it should be watermarked at least? No harm to the consumer that way but at least some point of reference when it does show up online.

Can I link it to my UR44 (since I can't plug in guitar without it anyway)? That'd be nice!

wasi wrote:Can't wait for v4 to come out. For all the additional stuff I've bought since, Recabinet still sees regular use.

No DRM is a bonus. I almost feel it should be watermarked at least? No harm to the consumer that way but at least some point of reference when it does show up online.
Uh, you have to link it to a USB device.

I'm incredibly stupid. This isnt the revalver thread...

Don't feel so bad, I've had a tendency to wonder which is which at times...has something to do with the 4 I guess.

Revalver 4, Recabinet 4, soon Amplitube 4. This made my OCD kick in, we need a fourth program.

Is there a date when the pre-order offer is likely to finish, or will it literally finish when the product is launched (eg it could be just a matter of days from now or it might be weeks ) ???

Paulnz wrote:Is there a date when the pre-order offer is likely to finish, or will it literally finish when the product is launched (eg it could be just a matter of days from now or it might be weeks ) ???
It will end when Recabinet 4 is released in early October. As we get closer, there will be a countdown. :borg:
Shane McFee
CEO/CTO - Kazrog

Kazrog wrote: It will end when Recabinet 4 is released in early October. As we get closer, there will be a countdown. :borg:
Thanks Kazrog, glad to hear about the countdown, I was worried I'd miss out on the offer. looking forward to some more audio samples on your website - you have clean and metal sounds, how about something in-between like crunch + blues/rock overdrive examples? :tu:

I also noticed that it comes with just 1 bass preamp and 1 standard preamp. Have you got more preamp's coming soon after the big release?

Return to “Effects”