Fabfilter Pro-Q 2!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pro-Q 3

We have a lot of Fab Filter plugins in our studio that get used on almost every project, they have the best interface going and I don't know where we be without them.

However, Pro-Q usually gets sidelined for the Apqualisr, just because it sounds so great. Maybe this upgrade will change that.

Can bands be set to LR and MS mode at the same time, or can one switch to MS only per instance of the plug-in?

Novalis wrote:Can bands be set to LR and MS mode at the same time, or can one switch to MS only per instance of the plug-in?
That would be per instance of the plugin.

EngineersMate wrote:However, Pro-Q usually gets sidelined for the Apqualisr, just because it sounds so great. Maybe this upgrade will change that.
Apqualisr???
It's easy if you know how

Actually, I think it's a "z" instead of an "s."

Kind of abandonware at this point... the beta is a couple years old and release version over double that.

But, if it works on your system, it is/was supposed to be good.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

Is it really that old? :ud: Well, I don't see any reason to upgrade to new if the old works better.

I would just as happily go back to the Sony Oxford EQ we used for years before that.

took the plunge and purchased the mixing bundle. Pro Q-2 is lovely to work with and very easy to understand whats going on. it the first fabfilter i have used and im very impressed so far.

shameless plug, if anyone would like a 10% discount on fabfilter products, drop me a PM with your email and i will hook you up :)

I noticed something interesting using Pro-Q 2 in Studio One.

The instances of Pro-Q get numbered, just like virtual instruments.
So the first instance is called FabFilter Pro-Q 2, the second FabFilter Pro-Q 2 2, the third FabFilter Pro-Q 2 3, and so on.
It doesn't matter if they are on the same track, or on different ones.
Looks a bit irritating.

I haven't seen any other effect plug-in showing that behaviour.
Now is this a feature, a bug, or something in-between? :hihi:

Novalis wrote:I noticed something interesting using Pro-Q 2 in Studio One.

The instances of Pro-Q get numbered, just like virtual instruments.
So the first instance is called FabFilter Pro-Q 2, the second FabFilter Pro-Q 2 2, the third FabFilter Pro-Q 2 3, and so on.
It doesn't matter if they are on the same track, or on different ones.
Looks a bit irritating.

I haven't seen any other effect plug-in showing that behaviour.
Now is this a feature, a bug, or something in-between? :hihi:
As far as I know this has always happened. I used to notice this a lot with EQuilibrium in Studio One.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

"Always happened" can't really be true :roll:

It surely does not happen with any of my other plug-ins, nor with the S1 internal plugs.

I got Pro-Q in a custom bundle together with Volcano2. If i decide to upgrade to Pro-Q 2, will they be separeted or still remain as a bundle?
Bitwig

Pro Q (1) will remain in the bundle with Volcano 2. Pro Q 2 will be a separate product.

What? So there isn't really an upgrade option? Pro-Q 2 is a totally different product and Pro-Q 1 is just a discontinued plugin? :S
Bitwig

As an owner of Pro-Q you get a special upgrade price for Pro-Q2 in your account. I have quite a lot and it comes down to €52 for me.

EDIT, other than that, I don't know if it will be connected to your bundle or not, why not shoot Fabfilter an email?

I already asked them. It registers as a separate product. If you ever resell it you'll need to contact fabfilter to get a transfer credit for the upgrade as it transfers separately. You can only resell pro-q2 as an upgrade for someone who already has pro-q1. Your bundle will remain the same with pro-q1. It will not separate.

-Sam

Return to “Effects”