Fabfilter Pro-Q 2!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Pro-Q 3

Compyfox wrote:
woodsdenis wrote:Your right you are beyond ridiculous, you have directly quoted an alleged comment by a rival company on a public forum. If true this kind of petty behavior would make me think far less of DMG audio. IDK about others.
If that's so "petty", why do you hang yourself up on it anyway?

EDIT 21:01:
Actually - not worth it.

Companies know each other, and if company F is scared of company D, or users from company D quoting comments by that company towards company F, and the users of company F are "pissed off by that"...

Where has this gone to?

Oh wait... let's go back to the hardware stone age where pretty much every company stabbed towards company B. Yet company B gave a damn about it and is still revolutionizing the low to mid-budget market.
Seriously, you keep editing your posts and at this point its just incoherent rambling, go out get a beer and stop posting for a few days/weeks. You are doing yourself no favors continuing on like this. Over and out.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

I really can't belive how far this 'it's not for pro market' nonsense debate went, and then... Behringer. Used to be a funny read a few pages ago, but not anymore. Please stop! Try to focus on Pro-Q 2 and it's new features. Please!

e@rs wrote:Please stop! Try to focus on Pro-Q 2 and it's new features. Please!
:clap:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

I don't even know who this woodsdenis person is and he's telling me what I have to do and what not?

Got to love the report function.

e@rs wrote:I really can't belive how far this 'it's not for pro market' nonsense debate went, and then... Behringer. Used to be a funny read a few pages ago, but not anymore.
It stopped being funny about 10 pages ago.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Yes, Indeed!

I will try and ignore the increasing OT comments now that I've said what I felt I needed to get off my chest.

The spectrum grab feature is pretty cool but is actually kind of ripping off Har-Bal which has been around long before Fabfilter entered the market. The Spectrum matching also reminds me of Har-Bal and the old Equium / Finium EQs too.

I don't really understand the concept of the new Natural Phase mode. Minimum phase (ie as in analog EQs) is natural isn't it? Is this just a way of rebadging phase that doesn't warp near niquist?

Anyone able to clarify this new mode?

Cheers

Scorb
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...

... In the end, buy it or not to buy it? :?

Turello wrote:... In the end, buy it or not to buy it? :?
Demo it, then decide.

:borg:
Last edited by ontol on Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

I don't know how it is possible, but the Q2 seems not only to be more transparent, but also more dynamic sounding? I am blown away by the upgrade. I didn't think it could ever get better than the original Q.

WOW!

Thanks FabFilter!

ontol wrote:wow, skimmed over this bs...pulls out soapbox from backpack...stands atop and clears throat...

On the up side of things, my KVR browsing over the last couple of months has gone from well over an hour a day to probably less than one or two per week.

There is precious little info on most of these threads and it's always the same actors on the stage trying to one up or saying they are bowing out of a thread, only to return and post more.

If I want to peruse drama, I am certain there are way more interesting places to do it than this punkfest. And it appears if I want to peruse info and discussions on recording arts/gear/software, I may have to find better places to do it.

Sure, KVR has a large user base, but unfortunately most of it's more active ones are base. Rot starts slow, then kills from within.
Then why keep perpetuating the drama?! Just f'ing drop it. Everybody, let.it.go.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

:borg:
Last edited by ontol on Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ontol wrote:Sure, KVR has a large user base, but unfortunately most of it's more active ones are base. Rot starts slow, then kills from within.
Can't get any deeper and to the point than this. :clap:
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox do you actually have Equilibrium ?

I can't actually tell from a quick read of this thread.
If you don't have it and want to buy it PM me.
I have Equick as well so could do a mini bundle deal. :party:

Meanwhile, back on topic, congratulations FabFilter, I think Pro-Q2 is fantastic and I find it such a joy to use.
I'm absolutely happy to get it for the upgrade price I paid based on owning several FF plugins including Q1. :tu:

It would be nice to see the discussion return to Pro-Q 2. As expressed in other discussions around the Interwebz, a healthy approach for anyone on this Pro-Q 2 thread who doesn't like or or want Pro-Q 2 might be:
If you don't like or want this product...that's fine just state your reasons and move on.
Personally, I find the Pro-Q 2 update to be a big one and well worth the upgrade price. Usability is huge for me and FabFilter just nails interface and usability better than any other company out there right now. Pro-Q 2 also sounds amazing. Win + Win.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

djscorb wrote:I don't really understand the concept of the new Natural Phase mode. Minimum phase (ie as in analog EQs) is natural isn't it? Is this just a way of rebadging phase that doesn't warp near niquist?

Anyone able to clarify this new mode?
Looking at the graphs published by Fabfilter, that's a lot of it. It seems to push the point at which the phase warps much higher towards Nyquist, and appears to be quite similar to what UAD did, for example, with its modelled EQs (I found some examples here that look similar in terms of phase response: http://fader8.com/audioblog/example%20e ... plots.html). The phase also seems to be different to their standard minimum phase curve away from the bell itself, which may be part of the recipe as well on the basis that hardware EQs don't have standard biquad behaviour in the same way that a digital algorithm does.

They do sound subtly different on the right material, although the analogue/natural phase approach may not be as good on transient-heavy material as standard minimum phase.

Return to “Effects”