Reason 8 - Official

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reason 12

kmonkey wrote:
KarmaShaman wrote:
Take a look at the gushing excitement at some of the silly toys that have been released lately. Folks (the Reason Zombies) are buying ANYTHING it seems. And Props get their pound of flesh on every single sale for doing little more that providing a platform in which to host these.

Dude, i am being completely honest and with no disrespect intended i am going to tell you that your assumptions and point of view is a bit offending and disgusting at the same time.

Not sure where you are making your figures and why are you calling people which use Reason - zombies (i guess you are gonna say now that this is your way of making humor) but may i ask who you are exactly to judge which people are silly or not silly based on toys/plugins they are ordering? Not nice matte, not at all. By that analogy we are already in post apocalyptic world because there are gazillion of shitty VST plugins with even more then gazillion orders placed..So?

Let me give you my point of usage. For example i agree that most of the stuff at Props shop is beyond decent level of creativity, GUI, and usability. I totally agree. I am VST user for more then decade so i can compare in decent way.. And for another example only RE plugs i did order where Predator and Polar (will order Parsec, TSAR and Antidote). I did not even bothered to download plugins which are of no interest for myself - so does fact that i ordered only "pro" plugs make me less Reason zombie or?

And i am not defending anyone here but i think you are crossing lines of normal conversation. Honestly..It's no different to marking people and ridiculing them for their choice of music or something other...
:tu:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

TheoM wrote:
EnochLight wrote:Obligatory: :hihi:

you made my day, LMAO
Yeah, same here, lol...

chk071 wrote:
TheoM wrote:

you made my day, LMAO
Yeah, same here, lol...
Me as well, lol!
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

WOW!!!

skinny jeans = Reason

TheoM wrote:
fmr wrote:
EnGee wrote: It is OK for my i5 processor. Still low cpu in Rewire (with many synths and effects). I'm not planning to buy REs other than the supplied ones, otherwise I wouldn't think of ReWire.

I tested Reason ReWired (with 2 Thor synths, 2 Synchronous, 1 Alligator, 1 Kong, 1 malstrom, 1 subtractor, and some other light effects) with both Sonar and Reaper. Reaper is an excellent match with Reason it seems. It is very easy to preview my Midi files with it cause it has a perfect communication with Reason!
With Sonar also, it was really good. I loaded about 8 vsti synths (including 2 heavy Reaktor ones) and Sonar was distributing the usage across the cores really good (in spite of the possibility of Reason is taking one core). In Sonar the cpu usage was about 20% and in Reaper was less than 4% (just Reason and Xils 3 le) in relaxing power options settings. So, I'm really fine with either host and Reason :)
Would you mind posting those projects as exemples? I would like to check them in my system. Your COU loads sound great. You could use Dropbox, or just e-mail to me using WeSendIt.

nothing unusual about that load.. the reason factory stuff (besides nnxt) might as well not use any cpu at all LOL.
My usage might be a joke for you, but for me it is more than enough. Actually, after spending the few past months learning piano, my tracks number is getting less and less. 10 tracks is the maximum with simple effects like reverb/chorus ..etc and just EQ and Compressor to balance the sound. I'm not concerned about being Mixing and Mastering Engineer at all (more material for you to laugh I guess). So, Reason is a very reasonable choice for me with its standard devices. I leave the advance electronic music composition/mixing/mastering for you ;)

kmonkey wrote: Dude, i am being completely honest and with no disrespect intended i am going to tell you that your assumptions and point of view is a bit offending and disgusting at the same time.
What makes you think I give a damn about what an internet nobody thinks of my published content? I hope it was therapeutic to get that off your chest, but this is an internet forum. A medium which is expressly conceived for people to voice their opinions. I'm not making an personal attacks on individual Reason users, unlike many others in this thread.

And 'disgusting' is being rather melodramatic on your part.
kmonkey wrote: Not sure where you are making your figures and why are you calling people which use Reason - zombies (i guess you are gonna say now that this is your way of making humor)
Oh dear, you're not even following along. 'Reason Zombies' was the term used by the user whom I was responding to, and I was therefore using his own statement in my reply. I can't seem to see a personal condemnation from you on his opinion. Go on, click back one page and take a look for yourself.
kmonkey wrote:And i am not defending anyone here but i think you are crossing lines of normal conversation. Honestly..It's no different to marking people and ridiculing them for their choice of music or something other...
Thanks for your adorable character evaluation of me. It will be duly disregarded.

stroker_ace wrote: If you want to play the numbers game, Stalin
Thanks for the character insult.However the jokes on you, I take that as a compliment.
stroker_ace wrote:full disclosure: I'm not really interested in debating you so much as making you look like a fool to the other people reading this.
That's not a very creative use of your time. But if it makes you feel good, then go for it !

stroker_ace wrote:Even most Reason-zombies seem to have at least one other DAW.
Exhibit A
stroker_ace wrote: I don't know what world you're living in, but everybody who makes music isn't a poverty-stricken lemming-idiot.
Thanks for the insult. You may wish to read the KVR Moderator's requests earlier in this thread about personal attacks.

stroker_ace wrote: What are you, a 12-year-old with a paper route, putting a few quarters in his piggy bank once a week?!? $500 is some sort of earth-shattering amount to you?!?
Another series of personal insults. Classy. You appear to lack the ability to follow this forum's fairly basic guidelines.

Moderator's please discipline this member's anti-social behaviour.

yawn..I'm ready to put this thread to bed.
Honestly, is there anything more to discuss?
It's degenerating again into slinging adolescent insults again.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”