Which Arturia VSTi is still worth to get?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SAW75 wrote:Anyone else install Analog Lab and find all the prophet and mini presets silent?
No problems here.

barryfell wrote:
SAW75 wrote:Anyone else install Analog Lab and find all the prophet and mini presets silent?
No problems here.
Someone on the Arturia forum suggests it's a demo limitation but no confirmation fro arturia.

I installed the Analog Lab demo and had no trouble with the Mini or Prophet presets.

The person who said it's a demo limitation apparently has no idea what they're talking about.

I think I had that problem with Jupiter V when I checked that out some months ago.

Also when i demoed SEM V before i bought it, I only had access to a handful of presets

1.05 works, 1.1 does not.

Are all the patches included with each V instrument, also included in Analog Laboratory, or are there, more or less, or different?

The page for Jupiter 8V says that it ships with more than 400 patches, while in Analog Laboratory there is included 510 for it.

Numanoid wrote:Are all the patches included with each V instrument, also included in Analog Laboratory, or are there, more or less, or different?

The page for Jupiter 8V says that it ships with more than 400 patches, while in Analog Laboratory there is included 510 for it.
I think they also included the additional banks you can download from Arturia.

Examigan wrote:...its just that the screen is pretty small making it a little tough to see clearly.
My thoughts exactly. I love what I hear. I hate what I see. Personally, I would rather see Arturia create their own spin on retro gear, allowing for a more intuitive work surface. I feel like an old man struggling to read the labels on the controls. No can do. Try again.

I caved in and bought Analog Lab, and quite happy that I did.

The ability to stack patches, means that one can mix and blend as one wish, and with over 5000 patches to choose from, there is almost limitless possibilities for sound sculpting.

As I got UVI Digital Synsations from free from JRR in addition, is a nice bonus :tu:
squid79 wrote:I feel like an old man struggling to read the labels on the controls. No can do. Try again.
They have addressed that problem with Analog Lab, that interface is huge, fills almost my whole screen.

I bought Analog Lab too. It's actually quite awesome for the sale price. Can't beat the variety of sounds.

Also, my silent patch issue apparently is demo specific. The authorized plug works as it should.

ftech wrote:
SoundGoddess wrote:I'm thinking about getting the Prophet V and maybe the SEM V or Mini V...
SEM V. One of the best sounding softsynths available from anywhere.......totally my own opinion of course though.
Cool I think I'll get that one instead of Mini V. The interface is nice and big and easy to read, and there aren't a bunch of ugly/complicated patch wires like the ARP plugin. So I guess I'll get Prophet V and SEM V and a usb dongle from Amazon so that I don't have to worry about a hard drive crash. Two solid sounding plugins for ~$125 seems like a fair price. :party:
~ good luck ~
~ re~member to do good in a spirit of love, unity, compassion, and kindness ~

I also have Analog Lab, and SparkLE.
I received Analog Lab as a free update to Analog Laboratoty, which was included with a 32 key controller (The Factory).

I think they improved a lot in Analog Lab, but I don't get why they did not use the same graphics of the controllers as in Analog Laboratory.
In the old version, I can see EXACTLY my keyboard... in the new one, it just a generic GUI which just shows the same number of knobs like on my keyboard. It is much more difficult to find on the screen the knob I am turning.
This was a big let down... but otherwise there are a lot of improvements.

I would like to learn synthesis and how to program my own sounds... which synth out of the V3 collection would you guys recommend for this purpose?

Novalis wrote:I also have Analog Lab, and SparkLE.
I received Analog Lab as a free update to Analog Laboratoty, which was included with a 32 key controller (The Factory).

I think they improved a lot in Analog Lab, but I don't get why they did not use the same graphics of the controllers as in Analog Laboratory.
In the old version, I can see EXACTLY my keyboard... in the new one, it just a generic GUI which just shows the same number of knobs like on my keyboard. It is much more difficult to find on the screen the knob I am turning.
It comes with layouts for all Arturia keyboards including The Factory - just go to the dropdown menu here and select yours (although it should autodetect it)

Novalis wrote:I would like to learn synthesis and how to program my own sounds... which synth out of the V3 collection would you guys recommend for this purpose?
From the looks of it SEM V seems the easiest. You can download the manual for it here:
ftp://downloads.arturia.com/downloads/o ... M_V_EN.pdf
~ good luck ~
~ re~member to do good in a spirit of love, unity, compassion, and kindness ~

aMUSEd wrote: It comes with layouts for all Arturia keyboards including The Factory - just go to the dropdown menu here and select yours (although it should autodetect it)

Yes, I know that, and have selected The Factory, but please compare it to the old version:

THIS is how the actual keyboard looks like.

It would have been already a great help if they just included seperating vertical lines between the groups of knobs... that would have helped a lot.
It's even worse for people who have the bigger keyboards... much more knobs.

Return to “Instruments”