Which Arturia VSTi is still worth to get?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

With the current Arturia Sale i ask which is still worth to have?
I already have Analog Lab and Oberheim SEM. I recently purchased ME80 from memorymoon so that i don't need the Arturia CS80V i guess but any recommends for one of the others?

Thanks guys! :)
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

valerian_777 wrote:With the current Arturia Sale i ask which is still worth to have?
I already have Analog Lab and Oberheim SEM. I recently purchased ME80 from memorymoon so that i don't need the Arturia CS80V i guess but any recommends for one of the others?

Thanks guys! :)
I'd probably go for the Jupiter8V, its just that the screen is pretty small making it a little tough to see clearly.

Just my opinion but I think the Arturia plug ins do not properly emulate hardware. I don't really think they sound like a VA either. I can't put it in words, but I never liked anything they made. That is, software, because their hardware is actually pretty solid.

I agree the Arturia plug ins don't properly emulate hardware , but on some sounds some of them can be quite close.
You'll find a comparison between real Jupiter 8 and arturia jupiter 8 along with some interesting discussion here:
http://www.gearslutz.com/board/electron ... =jupiter+8

doesn't analog lab tell you which model each of the sounds is from? you could just see which sounds you like in analog lab, and see what models they come from.

LimboLoves wrote:Just my opinion but I think the Arturia plug ins do not properly emulate hardware. I don't really think they sound like a VA either. I can't put it in words, but I never liked anything they made. That is, software, because their hardware is actually pretty solid.
I think thats a given... Most people say that Arturia can't actually match the hardware.

In my opinion the SEM V comes closest. But it still cannot match the Oberheim hardware. So a better question to ask yourself is, do I like what I'm hearing with this softie?

I got the SEM V for 50e. I think it's a fine soft synth, and it can do a lot more then it's hardware counterpart. I sold my hardware because it is limited (even though the sound is class). With processing and effects I'll make the SEM V sound better again.

So my advice to the OP is to try a demo or two. Plus it's a lot cheaper then the real thing. :D
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Arturia Jupiter 8 vs Real Jupiter 8 go (to 1.40).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaaPTnlw0OE

You can really hear the difference, the HW is much smoother, but that does'nt make it a bad virtual soft synth.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

chroma wrote:doesn't analog lab tell you which model each of the sounds is from? you could just see which sounds you like in analog lab, and see what models they come from.

Good idea. :tu:

The Vox is well worth getting, it's pretty incredible.

aMUSEd wrote:The Vox is well worth getting, it's pretty incredible.
Yes! That is a lovely emulation and for 50e too.

For me, I can't see how I'd fit it into my music style (maybe I should try). :)

One thing I will for Arturia, they've brought most their prices down. SEM V for 99e is still very good value imo.

I still like the Minimoog (and yes I own Diva :D) CPU friendly, has very good presets and the overall sound is great. I don't think that the CS80 or Jupiter are worth to get it. The interface is for me too small to program and if it comes to the emulation IMO for the Jupiter there are some better plug-ins available which can emulate this sound with a better (bigger) GUI.
SEM would be my first recommendation but because you already own it... I think you don't need it twice ;)

Thanks for the answers guys.

Afaik The Vox is not on sale this time but anyway i think the free Martinic Model V (i downloaded in the past as it was available) is enough for me.

Minimoog is interesting and the suggestion to try out with Analog Lab is of course a good reminder.
Does it make sense to buy the Minimoog nowdays if something like Monark is available? (Sorry for another Question within this thread).
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

Had them all and sold them, Arturia are probably my least favorite company.

And the GUIs, well that's another story.
Last edited by topaz on Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

topaz wrote:Had them all is sold them, Arturia are probably my least favorite company.

And the GUIs, well that's another story.
At least they've made the SEM 8 nice and big. My one beef with it is that it's a little sluggish, in S1 anyway but I don't know what it's like in other daws.

valerian_777 wrote: Does it make sense to buy the Minimoog nowdays if something like Monark is available? (Sorry for another Question within this thread).
No... get Monark. As a Minimoog emulation, it is night and day better than the Arturia offering.

Return to “Instruments”