August Contest: Gossip

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Vulcandj wrote:I'm trying to upload my piece to Soundcloud but it takes me nowhere. This is the first time I've had an issue with Soundcloud. Has anyone had this happen, and if so, where else could I place the song?
https://hearthis.at/

i haven't tried though.
"It dreamed itself along"

Vulcandj wrote:I'm trying to upload my piece to Soundcloud but it takes me nowhere. This is the first time I've had an issue with Soundcloud. Has anyone had this happen, and if so, where else could I place the song?
Hi Walt,

here is a quote from the submission rules:
3 - entered into the contest by posting a DIRECT LINK in this RULES & SUBMISSIONS thread (use the GOSSIP thread for everything else). If you cant provide a direct link, please contact one of the following people listed below, they will be happy to help you out. These people provide free hosting for the purpose of this contest only! They are not a hosting service. When contacting these people, please take the effort to understand the terms and conditions they provide.

Providers:
1 - knockman
2 - watto
3 - slartibartfast

In addition...
Kara at http://www.kara-moon.com/forum has offered "self service" space. Log into the forum to find out more.
HTH
Ruedi

Thanks, Ruedi. Turns out it was an IE problem. I haven't updated my PC as Pro Tools is working well. I installed Firefox and it went rather smooth. Operator error, I suppose. My piece is in. I tested the download, but please let me know if something doesn't work with it.
Just close your eyes. You'll find all you need with your mind.

Finally in. I missed last month as I just had no ideas. I recently purchased Sonar X3, so I decided to do the track in Sonar and only use the included plug-ins (apart from Ozone 5 and Kontakt) as a way of getting to grips with it. This is my first track using Sonar. I enjoyed the process and I'm happy with the final result. All my other tracks were done in Reaper, which I certainly haven't dumped.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the track. I haven't listened to any of the other entries yet, but the theme should produce some interesting tracks. I'm surprised by the low turn out.

Good luck everyone.

Thanks for the suggestions, Laguna Rising.
No longer a moderator.

Submissions thread is locked, voting thread is up.

Next month:
This month you are asked to submit a psychedelic entry.
(Four minute time limit for this one.)
No longer a moderator.

D.H. Miltz wrote:Next month:
This month you are asked to submit a psychedelic entry.
(Four minute time limit for this one.)
Second month in a row that I would love to take part, but again not sure if I can find the hours in a month. :(

Thanks Mello for the comments , time to start the magic mushroom hunt.

ClaRago wrote:Thanks Mello for the comments , time to start the magic mushroom hunt.
you welcome! hey, this topic makes me excited! :love:

mellotronaut wrote:
https://hearthis.at/

i haven't tried though.
I just saw that you had responded to this. Thanks! Sorry it took me so long to see it. I hadn't scrolled up far enough when saw the other comment on it.

Walt
Just close your eyes. You'll find all you need with your mind.

Vulcandj wrote:
I just saw that you had responded to this. Thanks! Sorry it took me so long to see it. I hadn't scrolled up far enough when saw the other comment on it.

Walt
Hi Walt,

like you i have problems with Soundcloud, but this month we've got it to work. :phew: next month i'll probably try hearthis.at. :pray:

cheers

Chris :)

mellotronaut wrote:next month i'll probably try hearthis.at.
Some time ago I signed up at hearthis.at only to discover that with an upload you give all the rights to your music into their hands. When I asked for a reason to this license policy they returned that this would be the only way to avoid legal hassle and they begged me to trust them - which I didn't. In my opinion you are giving them carte blanche if you upload anything on their site. I will never do it.
hearthis.at in their terms of use wrote:Grant of Rights. You shall retain all of your ownership rights in your User Submissions. However, by submitting User Submissions to hearthis.at, you hereby grant hearthis.at and its affiliates a non-exclusive, fully paid-up, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, sublicenseable, and transferable license, throughout the universe, to use, reproduce, distribute, modify, adapt, prepare derivative works of, display, perform, and otherwise exploit your User Submissions in connection with the hearthis.at Platform, including, without limitation, for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Platform (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You hereby grant hearthis.at and its affiliates and sublicensees the right to use the name that you submit in connection with such User Submission if they choose to do so. You hereby irrevocably waive (and cause to be waived) any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to your User Submissions. You also hereby grant to each user of the Platform a non-exclusive license to access your User Submissions through the Platform, and to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform such User Submissions as permitted by the functionality of the Platform and these Terms & Conditions.
Notice the words "perpetual" and "irrevocable" in connection with any future "sublicensee" of hearthis.at. Crazy!
Also compare it to SoundCloud's Terms of Use and you will see the difference.

Have a nice day
Ruedi

:oops: :phew: Ayyyyayyyyyayyyyyy! Thank you very much, Ruedi!

so i won't try it ... and sorry, Walt, for the suggestion.

Chrisis :)

some more reviews:

Vulcandj:
meanders between Dylan and REM and the guys inbetween, the melody is Roger Waterish in some places. there are no surprises, but it's well done, faultless, a very good song and the lyrics are great.

Shangsean:
what a tension! dark breath from hell with a climax. sounds great. wow!

Beanpole:
the new wave version of arrrrggggghhhhh .... Tipperary :dog: one must have balls to do it and: success ... i hate T... and i love it ... in a way. well done! :x

Kryptonaut:
under the skin must be some extra brain/mind. this is working quite well at least with me. it is more than music, some kind of emotional knowledge. :clap:

D.H.Miltz:
in search for the perfect, simple tune to end all this. horribly beautiful. superb lyrics, btw.

Procx:
the orchestra sounds a bit schematic, but suspense is there and it's varied ... and almost too short. a goody.

this voting will be difficult, especially in the lower registers. at least i know my nº1 now. only great stuff, even the mainstream musicae sound good to my distorted ears. :scared: :D

Thanks for the review, fellow 'naut

I tried to put myself in the position of the traumatised/shell-shocked soldier, the things he must have seen and heard and done, and how his mind might have tried to cope with it all. My aim was to create a kind of claustrophobic soundscape, where the soldier's thoughts and memories circulate uncontrollably, merging with internal and external sounds, and everything feels detached and unreal.

Return to “Music Cafe”