Memorymoon ME80 going 64 bit

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

gunnare wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:19 pm Checked the files at the server. It is the last version but the installer and the synth says version 2.5, but it is 2.6. You can check: It is 2.6 if it has the extended parameters above the reverb , with reverb models and damping filter slector.

And the latest version have Greasy Resonance and Ocean Depths in the factory bank......

Could you check it for me?
Yes,
RG Ocean Depth & Greasy Resonance are here, in the Factory bank
And the extended parameters above the reverbs here
Only synth says ver 2.5

No problem, Gunnare!

Thanks! :tu:

Hey Gunnar,

First and foremost, thank you so much for the awesome updates, pity about the Mac plugins, but there's really not much you can do...

A couple random things I have noticed, and a possible suggestion:

1) Windows forced me to uninstall the older instance of ME80 before I could run the update. "No probs", I thought, "just give me a second to make a backup of the custom banks" ...aaand then I realized I didn't remember where the banks are stored. Will you consider adding an "open presets folder" button like you can find in several other instruments? I think it would make managing the presets a lot simpler.

2)Speaking of which, after the update I have restored a bank named ME80_V2_extra2 (not the same bank as ME80v2_extra); once again I can't remember where it originally was from, probably got it off of your website after I bought ME80 years ago. This bank is not installed automatically with the latest update and it's not in the banks zipfile either. Is this intentional, or it just got lost when packing the assets for the update? The first preset is 'alive trumpets'.

3) Now, maybe it's just me, but I think the HD interface of ME80 BIG is a bit on the smaller side - unfortunately the 4k interface is complete overkill for me as it doesn't really fit in my screen @1080p; surprisingly, Messiah with the 4k interface fits just perfect.

For readability's sake, it'd be great if ME80 at some point in the future could scale to the same proportions as Messiah 4k, maybe by adding a third, intermediate interface size between BIG HD and BIG 4k. Right now it looks like this:

Thank you, keep up the great work!

--
Marco

1) The banks are installed in C:/users/common/common_documents/ME80/banks
I agree that is risky to put your own sounds there if you uninstall the instrument.

I know there has been lots of discussion about preset browsers from Uhe, Spire and Legend. I am just a hobby developer, so it is not planned. I think it is amazing that we can access 11 banks by just clicking on the "Bank" button in Messiah. For ME80 the number of banks from the "bank" button is only 4.

2)The extra bank is still there. It is installed with the installer, and you can download it from the download page in the all_banks zip. But it is like you say, I have completely changed it in this version. I think I still have the old version here. I have improved and changed all banks in ME80 and Messiah for this upgrade. The amount of work was insane.

3)Yes I am thinking about a really big skin for ME80. We got a lot complaints about the sizes for messiah, so , yes, it is difficult. People miss a good setting for 1280 pixels in Messiah, while in ME80 the big skin fits them perfect. So it has been surprisingly few complaints about the big skin in ME80. But it is getting small these days, so I am expecting more complaints this year....

All the best
gunnare

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:18 pm So which( unsupported by mac ) framework are you using now ?
According to the coder it is Carbon Framework .

No Mac version? That's a bummer. I just bought it last year.
Stormchild

ME80 has been updated to version 2.7:

ME80 updated to version 2.7. Use the same download links as version 2.0.

• Saw and Square wave modelled after CS80. The old waveforms are slill available from the waveform list selectors as OSw and OSq. And the overdrive is modelled.
  • New filter models: Hpf B, Lpf B, Hpf C, Lpf C, Hpf D, LPF D, BPF (Bandpass) and Notch.
  • Extended range for pulse-width modulation to match the CS80 range better.
  • Triangle harmonics (drift page) now set the harmonics for all waveforms in the synth.

Some people experience that the ME80 will not show up on windows10 machines. New Win10 systems don't have all the historical runtime dlls installed. Then you will have to put msvcp100.dll and msvcr100.dll manually in the C:/windows/system folder. The files are available from Microsoft.

Just FYI, I'm having some issues with patches from a third-party soundbank sounding really quiet and/or really...off. I have reached out to the author of the soundbank in the hope there will be a compatibility update, otherwise be aware the user patches you exported in an earlier version might sound different when you load them in 2.7.

Regards,

--
Marco

I just tried the download links, and the download file says it's version 2.60 (???)
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:40 am I just tried the download links, and the download file says it's version 2.60 (???)
if you open the zip archive, the actual installer should be named ME80v2_7* and the new version number should also be in the UI - at least it was for me.

Regards,

--
Marco

ONe thing that always bothered me about me80 , when you click a few pixels awaw from the slider (vertically ) it doesn't register the click .
So annoying
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

I was excited when I first saw the update. Thought they'd update to VST3 and maybe resizable (instead of separate plugins for different sizes). But nope.

Hi, ME80 not working on my new Win 11 Laptop.
Does it need some runtime files?

PS: I've lost the dowload link so I just copied the plugin dll to the new machine.

PPS: The demo version is working so I just contacted gunnar to resend the links.

New Win10 systems don't have all the historical runtime dlls installed. Then you will have to put msvcp100.dll and msvcr100.dll manually in the C:/windows/system folder. The files are available from Microsoft.

If the problem is opposite and you have an old machine: On old Windows 32 bit systems it is necessary to install latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3. Just search for Microsoft Visual C++ and download it from microsoft`s webpage. The install takes 10 seconds. If you fail to do this you will get the windows error: The file MSVCP140 not found!

Your old download links still work!

Found the old mail, installed and it's working now, thanks.

Return to “Instruments”