LAST CHANCE! Poly-Ana and L'il Poly-Ana 1.20 BETA w. OSX x64 AU support!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Oh, you're a customer now? I must have missed that sale go through.
You can't really argue that people should first buy a product that is unusable to them just so they can make suggestions on how to improve it. You might look at it the other way round: listen to potential customers first and cater to their needs, then they will turn into real customers and your sales will pick up - and everyone will be happy ;)

You have already lost precious years due to your stubbornness, interested people have been telling you for years your GUI is not so good. Instead you keep defending it while the biggest advantage of your synth, its sound, is losing more and more ground against the competition. You should have totally redone the interface years ago.

While I don't like Bazille's interface, either, a sober, functional GUI like that Dominator thingy combined with Poly-Ana's sound would attract a lot of people, including myself. You might find Dominator bloody ugly, but I think you are clearly in the minority. Maybe your way of thinking is just not nearly as representative as you think...

I am not against you in any way, to the contrary, I want to help you...

fluffy_little_something wrote:
You can't really argue that people should first buy a product that is unusable to them just so they can make suggestions on how to improve it. You might look at it the other way round: listen to potential customers first and cater to their needs, then they will turn into real customers and your sales will pick up - and everyone will be happy ;)
That's not what I'm disputing. I'm disputing his statement, that you conveniently left out of your quote...
topaz wrote: I know you want to have full control and who can blame you ? but really to compete in this overcrowded market we have to cater for our customers somewhat.
He brought up "customers". Not me. I'm merely pointing out that he isn't one.

And again, there is another thread for suggestions about the distant future of the product. THIS thread is about the current Beta. And I will NOT be scrambling to redesign to GUI in an attempt to satiate those who feel so entitled as to think their opinion is the only one that counts!

You have already lost precious years due to your stubbornness, interested people have been telling you for years your GUI is not so good. Instead you keep defending it while the biggest advantage of your synth, its sound, is losing more and more ground against the competition. You should have totally redone the interface years ago.
You don't know what you're talking about. You're as bad as topaz. If you're not interested in this product, GET THE f**k OUT OF MY BETA THREAD!

Calm down :)
I AM interested in your product, else I would not be wasting my time trying to help you...

The way I understand it Topaz is a developer himself, which is why he wrote what you thought I had forgotten to quote.

No I'm not a developer.

But I have my name in many manuals and have certainly helped out with a lot of big products over the years.

And was a potential customer.

Anyway, I'm out.

fluffy_little_something wrote:You can't really argue that people should first buy a product that is unusable to them just so they can make suggestions on how to improve it. You might look at it the other way round: listen to potential customers first and cater to their needs, then they will turn into real customers and your sales will pick up - and everyone will be happy ;)
I believe the exact opposite to be the case...
I think that unless you have actually used something for a while and found both its strong and weak points, then you would be in the position to make requests (and I mean requests, there seems to be alot of people who, whether it's their intention or not, make demands of developers).

And I don't get this 'potential customer' carry on... I believe that people who have already paid for the software and are current customers should get preferential treatment to so called 'potential customers'. We are the ones who have actually invested money in the product.

ftech wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:You can't really argue that people should first buy a product that is unusable to them just so they can make suggestions on how to improve it. You might look at it the other way round: listen to potential customers first and cater to their needs, then they will turn into real customers and your sales will pick up - and everyone will be happy ;)
I believe the exact opposite to be the case...
I think that unless you have actually used something for a while and found both its strong and weak points, then you would be in the position to make requests (and I mean requests, there seems to be alot of people who, whether it's their intention or not, make demands of developers).

And I don't get this 'potential customer' carry on... I believe that people who have already paid for the software and are current customers should get preferential treatment to so called 'potential customers'. We are the ones who have actually invested money in the product.
Post it in the other Poly-Ana thread and I will reply to that...
OK, did it for you:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4#p5933554
Last edited by fluffy_little_something on Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

While I don't like Bazille's interface, either, a sober, functional GUI like that Dominator thingy combined with Poly-Ana's sound would attract a lot of people, including myself. You might find Dominator bloody ugly, but I think you are clearly in the minority. Maybe your way of thinking is just not nearly as representative as you think...

As a long time Poly-Ana user I totally disagree. I love Poly, and find Mike (AQ) to be amongst the best and most helpful developer around. He looks after his customers over and beyond the call of duty.

BTW I think Dominator is hideous while Poly-Ana is beautiful. She sounds awesome too.

thecontrolcentre wrote:

As a long time Poly-Ana user I totally disagree. I love Poly, and find Mike (AQ) to be amongst the best and most helpful developer around. He looks after his customers over and beyond the call of duty.

BTW I think Dominator is hideous while Poly-Ana is beautiful. She sounds awesome too.
But you don't seem to care much about him, either. After all, he has clearly stated that he does not want that kind of discussion in this thread, but in the other one. Yet, you don't care...

Replied to you in the other thread as well:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 3#p5933563

fluffy_little_something wrote: You have already lost precious years due to your stubbornness, interested people have been telling you for years your GUI is not so good. Instead you keep defending it while the biggest advantage of your synth, its sound, is losing more and more ground against the competition. You should have totally redone the interface years ago.

While I don't like Bazille's interface, either, a sober, functional GUI like that Dominator thingy combined with Poly-Ana's sound would attract a lot of people, including myself. You might find Dominator bloody ugly, but I think you are clearly in the minority.
IMO the GUI is already a lot simpler if you switch the mod source selection "wheels" to the drop-down mode which is already possible for a quite long time now (at least at the windows version).

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I won't reply to any posts here anymore and unsubscribe from this thread on BETA versions. If you want to continue talking about the GUI, see you in the respective thread...

yeh, its far to accessible. :dog:
thecontrolcentre wrote: BTW I think Dominator is hideous

Look guys, AQ has heard the same complaints about PolyAna's GUI for years and years. By now he either totally gets it or never will.........

Anyway back to this beta but still dealing with the background:
AdmiralQuality wrote: Removing the rings can be done with a custom background. (Possible in Mac right now as described above. And coming back to Windows in the next update, I hope!)
So in this Beta we can no longer have a custom background image in Windows ?

Since this thread has run for quite awhile is there a changelog of what has been updated since the last official release version ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

topaz wrote:yeh, its far to accessible. :dog:
thecontrolcentre wrote: BTW I think Dominator is hideous
Each to their own. :dog:

Teksonik wrote: Since this thread has run for quite awhile is there a changelog of what has been updated since the last official release version ?
Of course. In the included docs that nobody reads. And on the features page that nobody reads.

http://www.admiralquality.com/products/ ... hp#changes

And I hope that some of you see now that there is NOT consensus that the GUI is bad or wrong or ugly. (Thanks for the kind words, guys.) And again, if you want to discuss that, please do it in the other thread http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... &start=525 rather than gumming this one about the Beta up with giant images of other products that aren't a fair comparison to Poly (which has 240+ controls not including the keyboard).

Thanks.

AdmiralQuality wrote:
Teksonik wrote: Since this thread has run for quite awhile is there a changelog of what has been updated since the last official release version ?
Of course. In the included docs that nobody reads. And on the features page that nobody reads.
All the more reason to post it here where people actually are reading...... :wink:

And did this not get read as well ? Or is it on the features page too ?
Teksonik wrote:So in this Beta we can no longer have a custom background image in Windows ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”