LAST CHANCE! Poly-Ana and L'il Poly-Ana 1.20 BETA w. OSX x64 AU support!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

It's been FAR too long, but our products are finally Mac 64 bit compatible! Poly-Ana and SCAMP both now support 6 platforms:

Windows VST 2.4 32 bit
Windows VST 2.4 64 bit
OSX VST 32 bit
OSX VST 64 bit
OSX AU 32 bit
OSX AU 64 bit

Here's Poly-Ana AU (x64) running in Ableton (x64)...

We've also been listening to your requests, have heard you, and responded. Many of you didn't like C/R (challenge/response) copy protection, and we get it. (It's a bit annoying at this end too, although I will miss hearing from the customers when they need new keys. We often have nice conversations in the process.) So no more of that! Our new copy protection system is now key-file based, and you can use your license key-file on any number of systems (that you yourself currently own). How's that? :)

Existing Poly-Ana and SCAMP license holders will be getting new keyfiles emailed out some time in the coming weeks. But if you want yours earlier just email us from the same email you used to make your purchase, and we'll send you your key-file right away.

Another new policy, Upgrade Protection. You will notice that even though we're still in version 1.x, the license keys are valid for version 2.x. This way you never need to worry that if you purchase it now, a new version might come out next week that you'd have to pay for again. (We know how annoying that is!) Now when you buy one of our products, you are covered for the current major version and the next major version!

As these are such major changes, particularly the GUI changes we needed to make to support x64 on OSX, we've put both products back into BETA. And as we always do, to encourage lots of testing and early-adoption, we've put both products on Half Price Sale during their BETA periods! That's $89.98 USD for Poly-Ana and $34.97 USD for SCAMP. (How long will the BETA last? We're not sure, but there will definitely be at least one more update of each product before we're done.)

Here's what's changed in 1.20: (Full Poly-Ana changes list is here. http://www.admiralquality.com/products/ ... hp#changes)

1.20 BETA 1 2014-07-16

- New keyfile based copyprotection system!

- New support for x64 (64 bit) AU! (OSX VST and AU now contain both 32 and 64 bit executable in the same package.)

- Internal processing is now always full 64 bit double precision in both 32 and 64 bit versions of the plugin, and whether connected to 32 or 64 bit audio paths. (Input and output samples are 64 bit on hosts that support 64 bit audio data.)

- Hold button now saved/restored with program/host project.

- EXPERIMENTAL: When hold button is down when the program or project is saved, the held keys are also saved in the program/project! We’re not entirely sure this is a good idea, but we’re going to try it. So let us know... 1. If it works. and 2. if it’s useful. We expect it will be most useful in PolyAnaFX (coming in a later 1.20 BETA release) for enabling audio passthrough without needing to sequence a key held down. (It may not always work however, as many hosts send MIDI “all notes off” on project load, as well as transport reset, which will instantly kill the held notes. Again, let us know what host you use and if it’s actually working and any use to you.) We are also aware that the held keys do not show on the virtual keyboard, when recalled. We’re working on that.

- Windows: New x86 (32 bit) compiler optimizations. CPU use improvement of around 5%.

- Quality setting changes no longer silence the currently playing voices. (Please torture test this for us!)

- Fixed: Oscillator Phase controls not getting saved and recalled correctly

- Fixed: Mod wheel not showing correct value when project first loaded

- Fixed: Crash when program change while editor closed

-Windows: Program select menu (click on the program number in the top left) is now in 4 columns for better fit. (Mac menus don’t support this but their scrolling behavior is at least a little faster.)

- Fixed: Oscillator Octave switches were acting as continuous controls instead of switches under MIDI control

- Fixed: "Coming soon" showing in Filter IN1 and IN2 button display and tooltip. Instrument version now shows which MIDI channel it is notetracking(set in Options Dialog) when activated. Cycle Assign display label is now “voice” instead of redundant “assign”

But that's not the end of it. We've got several more really cool new features that we're going to deploy in later updates in this BETA series. A few still need a bit more work before they're ready, and just for sanity's sake I wanted to get this out there and start testing without changing TOO much more than we already have. (We're also holding off on the effects version, Poly-AnaFX, and the preset player discount version, L'il Poly-Ana until later in the Beta. But don't worry, they're coming! Oh and yes, I know the custom background images are broken -- a result of all the new GUI code. It will be getting replaced in a later update as well, AND will have OSX support this time!)

Let's use this thread to discuss the BETA changes and post any bug reports. We are currently on Poly-Ana 1.20 BETA 5. We expect this to be the final update in the Beta and will be returning to regular pricing very soon.

Download Poly-Ana 1.20 BETA 5 here:
http://www.admiralquality.com/products/Poly-Ana/

SCAMP 1.30 BETA discussion thread is here (SCAMP Beta is now over):
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 6&t=414375

Last edited by AdmiralQuality on Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:47 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Fantastic news I look forward to being able to use Poly-Ana again. :D
That has made my day.

Can anyone confirm that it's not working as an instrument in Logic X and is instead showing as a MIDI controlled effect?

If so I know what to change and we'll have another update immediately. Let me know, please.

Indeed, Logic Pro freezes when i tried to launch Poly-Ana as instrument, (i had to quit Logic by force : esc + alt+cmd)

This is the error message in detail that i've got :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/64i3lnej7gymt ... iCrash.txt

Krakatau wrote:Indeed, Logic Pro freezes when i tried to launch Poly-Ana as instrument, (i had to quit Logic by force : esc + alt+cmd)

This is the error message in detail that i've got :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/64i3lnej7gymt ... iCrash.txt
Oh, I wouldn't expect a crash. Will look into it, thanks for the output.

But it *does* offer you the ability to load it as an instrument?

Is everyone else with Logic X experiencing this same crash?

A error message i've got during AU validation,i confirm that Poly-ana has been loaded as a midi-controlled AU instrument

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uznpbl9qb2nz50j/2.jpg

BTW i confirm that Poly-ana has been loaded as a midi-controlled AU instrument successfully

( OSX 10.7.5 / Logic Pro 9.1.8 )

Krakatau wrote:A error message i've got during AU validation,i confirm that Poly-ana has been loaded as a midi-controlled AU instrument

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uznpbl9qb2nz50j/2.jpg

BTW i confirm that Poly-ana has been loaded as a midi-controlled AU instrument successfully

( OSX 10.7.5 / Logic Pro 9.1.8 )
That one's from not reading the installation instructions. ;) Just create that folder and it'll be fine. (There's virtually nowhere a plug-in has permissions to create a folder since this "sandboxing" madness happened.)

the GUi of poly ana is Wayy too busy

I'd change the knobs they take too much space
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

realmarco wrote:the GUi of poly ana is Wayy too busy

I'd change the knobs they take too much space
Change them yourself! (In the Options, click on the product name. Though it still takes just as much space. Sorry, with 230 controls there's no way for it to not be "busy".)

And KNOWN ISSUE, it's reporting bad chunk size errors. (It should still work fine after closing this message, but we're aware it's annoying and unhelpful to workflow. Should have a new update out by Monday to address that and some other things, as well as possibly add a new feature!)

Thanks for the reports everyone. Keep 'em coming!

I'll be testing on Win 7 64 bit when I get my key file. Should we uninstall the last release version first ? :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:I'll be testing on Win 7 64 bit when I get my key file. Should we uninstall the last release version first ? :)
Depends on your host. They have the same plug-in IDs. Some hosts tolerate that, other hosts refuse to load more than one

(I'd recommend just keeping your existing .dll somewhere other than your vstplugins folder so you can switch back to it if you need to.)

We're not issuing new keys to everyone until later in the Beta, so contact us by email if you want yours now and we'll send it right out.

Ok I guess my question should be does the Beta have an installer or is it just the .dll ? The reason I ask is PolyAna has an entry in the Uninstall Programs list in the Control Panel. Just wondering so I can keep my Win 7 system as clean as possible.

I'm in no hurry to test.......looks like this is more of a Mac release so I'm sure you'll want more input from Mac users.......... :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Wow i didnt even noticed the knobs are selectors
lol i bet more than one people haven't noticed that

So thats how the Thing is doing the modular patching

Personnalluy i'd prefer menu driven
or like LEDs on a virus except you click a LED and not a button that toggles the modes

the " *" is red
*filter
*AMP
*Modulation
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

realmarco wrote:Personnalluy i'd prefer menu driven
or like LEDs on a virus except you click a LED and not a button that toggles the modes
4 posts up. Look at the giant image. YES, they CAN be menus!

Or did you mean you'd prefer non-dropdown? We had a discussion about that in the Poly-Ana 2.x Feature wishlist thread. People were telling me a list of items could fit in that same space. I had to mock it up to prove them wrong... http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2#p5362642

Probably I could do it with 2 columns of button items. That may be what I do with them in Poly-Ana 2.x. -- which by the way you will already own if you buy Poly-Ana 1.x now!) But for now, you've got either dropdown menus, or the dials. (I actually prefer the dials. Once you get used to them you can just grab the item you want, flick your mouse to the right, and it's selected in a single action.)

Teksonik wrote:Ok I guess my question should be does the Beta have an installer or is it just the .dll ? The reason I ask is PolyAna has an entry in the Uninstall Programs list in the Control Panel. Just wondering so I can keep my Win 7 system as clean as possible.

I'm in no hurry to test.......looks like this is more of a Mac release so I'm sure you'll want more input from Mac users.......... :)
On Windows, Poly-Ana 1.191 and previous versions are only the .dll, and a Registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Admiral Quality\Poly-Ana where your key code and preferences are kept. If you have your original installer .exe, go ahead and uninstall. (Though really, a small registry key isn't polluting your system in any way.) If not, back up the .dll somewhere first, again just in case the new BETA breaks something and you need to go back to the stable version. (The plug-in itself creates the registry key. The installer does virtually nothing other than stick the .dll where you tell it to.)

We'll be stable again soon enough though. This is what BETA is for!

Oh and you might not be in a hurry to test right now, Teksonik. But keep watching the BETA updates, there's going to be new more features. (There's already at least one, the Hold button is now remembered in the program/project AND any held keys are recalled as well! Not sure if we're going to keep that second part, it's kind of experimental. See my original post in this thread and the documentation.)

Return to “Instruments”