Should i upgrade? Sampletank 3

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

is there any previews etc. yet or hands on? didnt check it much yet but saw there is still a preorder going on. i have sampletank 2 and the rest from ikm but dunno if i need anew rompler, if it's worth at all?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

As an add on to this question, is the full version of ST3 still the only way to get the other ST products (such as SampleMoog, SampleTron, Miroslav, etc.) to play in 64 bit?

bharris22 wrote:As an add on to this question, is the full version of ST3 still the only way to get the other ST products (such as SampleMoog, SampleTron, Miroslav, etc.) to play in 64 bit?
no, you are still free to bridge them. :D
║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█

I am not buying it. If they had let me use my jam points they would of have had a sale.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

I agree - I don't need another massive rompler, but would like a way to use my existing IK plugins in native 64-bit.

I don't need another rompler either. Had it come out late last year when we expected it I probably would have bought it.
Now I've had plenty of time to think about it, and decided I don't need it. Still have a 32 bit version of Cubase installed
just in case I want to play Sampletron.

. . . . and if ST3 can load SampleTron, SampleMoog, Miroslav, etc., I don't understand why they can't just provide the 64 bit version of ST3 as a shell to load these. I read the link that Peter had sent with the explanation, but clearly there is nothing special about these particular samples, at least, that would prevent the ST3 engine from loading them.

bharris22 wrote:. . . . and if ST3 can load SampleTron, SampleMoog, Miroslav, etc., I don't understand why they can't just provide the 64 bit version of ST3 as a shell to load these. I read the link that Peter had sent with the explanation, but clearly there is nothing special about these particular samples, at least, that would prevent the ST3 engine from loading them.
It is an import process, they are not simply loaded in their current format. They will then run in SampleTank 3. The sounds are a large part of this major update, and the engine and format is different (requiring the import instead of simply loading). This is a major update and for $99.99 at the lowest preorder pricing we thought that was more than a fair deep discount for those that wanted to make the move to the new version. For those that want to keep using the previous sound libraries (though we feel we've made a great leap with the great new sounds) there still exists the option to run in 32-bit as they have for years and as they have been sold, or to use bridging if available (as there are options that have reported stability). If those options do not meet your needs, we offered the very low preorder pricing. Details at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=4328

Is there a way to try ST2 samples/sounds in ST3 SE/ST3 Demo?
(i.e. MSO, SS2, etc.)

BBFG# wrote:Is there a way to try ST2 samples/sounds in ST3 SE/ST3 Demo?
(i.e. MSO, SS2, etc.)
The demo and SE versions will not import.

Correction - at the time of this post, the above was the plan. The released version of SampleTank 3 SE does import, based on user feedback.
Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I always was a fan of sampletank, it was a Kind of fast multitool to realize snippets. anyway, I can't see any further developments for me in ST3. just 64 bit, and a better gui. no possibility to work on the samples itself. no new Sound engine. the library Demos not convincing. not worth 100 bucks for me. for the half of the Price I would have considered it....perhaps.

I probably will delete soon my sampletank Folder...with a Little tear in my eye :wink:

just my very personal opinion.

TrekStar wrote:I always was a fan of sampletank, it was a Kind of fast multitool to realize snippets. anyway, I can't see any further developments for me in ST3. just 64 bit, and a better gui. no possibility to work on the samples itself. no new Sound engine. the library Demos not convincing. not worth 100 bucks for me. for the half of the Price I would have considered it....perhaps.

I probably will delete soon my sampletank Folder...with a Little tear in my eye :wink:

just my very personal opinion.
From http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/sampletank3/
Completely retooled and remade, SampleTank 3's new software engine has been greatly enhanced while maintaining its traditional quick sample load times and light CPU usage.

TrekStar wrote:... in ST3. just 64 bit, and a better gui.
Which by itself, for many, is worth the price of upgrade. But it does seem to have considerably more than that too.

BBFG# wrote:
TrekStar wrote:... in ST3. just 64 bit, and a better gui.
Which by itself, for many, is worth the price of upgrade. But it does seem to have considerably more than that too.
64 bit engine VST/AU
New GUI
33 gb of sounds (25 gb new)
4,000 new instruments
2,000 MIDI files
55 high-quality integrated effects (22 new)

What else do you want for 99$?! :o

Another one here that simply wants to be able to play old libraries. I don't want 33gb of content, don't care for 4,000 new instruments, find the 55 integrated effects useless for my needs and have absolutely no use for 2000 MIDI files.

Because of that, I sadly also will not be upgrading. $99 is too much for what I would use it for... to play content I already have.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”