Free FM Synthesizer Dexed (VST Windows and Mac)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dexed

asb2m10 wrote:To me the UI is very important, no 'geek switch that only the programmer and 5 kvr users knows what it does' is uber important.
6 kvr users :hail:

chris.r wrote:
asb2m10 wrote:To me the UI is very important, no 'geek switch that only the programmer and 5 kvr users knows what it does' is uber important.
6 kvr users :hail:
:D okay, right. I'm all for hacks, but let's keep this on configuration files, no messy UI.

Dexed 0.8.0 is now released. https://github.com/asb2m10/dexed

For the 'ticks' problem; I've did found out that the mono switch got switched randomly; even if the UI was still indicating poly (e.g. mono off)... Sorry for this; but this is beta software... :( That would explain why some people got very noisy problems and others not.

Anyway it is now fixed; and the mono transfer is now more smooth, but we still need more job if I compare to my DX7.

The mono stuff is probably the cause of the past ticks...

With this version, you can now also copy/paste the operator values by using the contextual (right click) mouse button.

If you still have problems, please use the github page to report the problem...

Happy DX7ing and thanks for the bug reports.

Oh, what an unexpected early sunday gift. :o
Can wait to try that.

No AU version, so will try within Tracktion instead of Logic X.

Thank you, asb2m10

asb2m10 wrote: With this version, you can now also copy/paste the operator values by using the contextual (right click) mouse button.
Thanks! Will help a lot in editing :clap:
Fernando (FMR)

It's a GREAT job! VERY NICE!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Good work on the copy / paste. Nice to see the Level and Middle C knobs working too. Thank you. :clap:
:tu: All is good

Thank you very much for your dedicated work! Now I can let my 30 years old DX7 sleep on in the basement…

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

I think "Paste Enveloppe Values" should be "Paste Envelope Values"?

:clap: :clap: :clap: Great job!
La Selección "Definitiva" de Software Musical Gratuito
https://selecciondefinitiva.wordpress.com/

Great work!!! Really appreciate your efforts guys!

:clap: thank you very much guys. Awesome work! Fm rules! :party:

Glitches I was reporting earlier both with and without Mono mode are gone in the version 0.8.0. And like DrewDale already said, Level and Middle-C knobs work now.

Copying/pasting operator and envelope values is a nice feature. There seems to be a typo in the copy/paste menu though; it should probably read "Envelope", not "Enveloppe".

Having the algo number visible on the left corner of the field is a nice touch also. Good update, thanks asb2m10.

Dexed 0.8.0 works fine in Live 9, Mac OS 10.9.5 – really good to have the DX7 back! Thank you again!

A small GUI idea: How about a strenghtening of the highlight on the horisontal (top) edge of each operator module and a similar highlight on the left vertical edge, simulating a light source diagonally from top left (a common convention)? It might help to separate the different GUI components, to aid visually impaired synthesists like our ambitious friend Black Winny.

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

thanks! looks great, too.

Return to “Instruments”