Tone2 Electra 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ElectraX Tone2 Electra3

nusound mind wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:14 am I never thought of whether Electra sounded analog or not but I love the sound of it and owning both I also prefer it over Icarus, soundwise, gui and functionality. Although I have had some hair straight back moments w/ Icarus tbf.

Electra is in my top 3 tone2's w/ Gladiator and Nemesis. Version 3 should be wild, looking forward to that.
V3 !!! Granular added maybe? :hyper:

Analog sounds...It's very simple, go to youtube and listen to some analog keyboard from the 80's and try to program it (it's simple) in the Electra, you'll see what quality it has, in many analog sounds it far exceeds synthesizers that cost u$5000 at that time, if you know how to program , then it's the holy grail!

Chipi wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:37 am
nusound mind wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:14 am I never thought of whether Electra sounded analog or not but I love the sound of it and owning both I also prefer it over Icarus, soundwise, gui and functionality. Although I have had some hair straight back moments w/ Icarus tbf.

Electra is in my top 3 tone2's w/ Gladiator and Nemesis. Version 3 should be wild, looking forward to that.

Analog sounds...It's very simple, go to youtube and listen to some analog keyboard from the 80's and try to program it (it's simple) in the Electra, you'll see what quality it has, in many analog sounds it far exceeds synthesizers that cost u$5000 at that time, if you know how to program , then it's the holy grail!
viewtopic.php?t=590670

Examigan wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:06 pm
Chipi wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:37 am

viewtopic.php?t=590670
THANKS MAN FOR THE LINK!!! :party: :hyper: :tu:

" I never thought of whether Electra sounded analog or not "...

This is the 'deal', Electra can sound as analog or digital as you want, it will depend on which synthesis of the +twelve that you want to use, the oscillators are of phenomenal quality, the edition is fast and everything is on the same page, I don't have to be jumping from menu to menu like with Omnisphere or Zebra, and the final sound is as good as Alesis's Andromeda to give you a real example or as fat and hot as you can make it with the Nymphes 6-Voice Poly Synth or you can program a sound line 'modular' style and you'll get sounds that easily match a Moog Subharmonicon Mother 32 DFAM - you just have to learn how to use it, the presets it comes with are excellent and a good starting point for others you program. I have the "Hades Analog Bass Synthesizer" module and I have put the Electra side by side in bass sounds that make the walls shake in the house. I have been able to match beasts like the "Buchla 259 Phase Lock" and the sound is sometimes even superior. I hope version v.3 brings improvements, I didn't like the style and the font that Markus implemented in the beta version of the presets list, the font of the original version 2 is visibly better (4K screen) and much more readable than the one that version 3 will eventually incorporate , hopefully not.

Not familiar with Electra,but could confirm that Tone2 osc and filters are top notch.
Entire 2022 dig deeper into Icarus sound and if you wanna - let say saturated Moog mixed with screaming Acid or to blend some analog(ish) temper with any kind of exotic vibe and resonance - it's really easy,like 2-3 min max,once man learn the structure of the synth .
After so much presets i did last 10 years it's kind of hard to be impressed by vst synth,but Icarus osc and filters definitely are impressive :)
That comparision to Alesis's Andromedan was trilling,have to check the demo,not sure what is difference between these two...

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:54 am Not familiar with Electra,but could confirm that Tone2 osc and filters are top notch.
Entire 2022 dig deeper into Icarus sound and if you wanna - let say saturated Moog mixed with screaming Acid or to blend some analog(ish) temper with any kind of exotic vibe and resonance - it's really easy,like 2-3 min max,once man learn the structure of the synth .
After so much presets i did last 10 years it's kind of hard to be impressed by vst synth,but Icarus osc and filters definitely are impressive :)
That comparision to Alesis's Andromedan was trilling,have to check the demo,not sure what is difference between these two...

https://youtu.be/2PUBNOuVLA0

AxlMaldini wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:15 am
VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:54 am Not familiar with Electra,but could confirm that Tone2 osc and filters are top notch.

Pretty incredible tbh.

Nice sound,i think the main difference as sound is that Electra has some retro vibe,when Icarus is more futuristic synth.
Made similar sound few days ago with Sylenth1 as modification of Rob Lee 'KEY - Cosmic Dreamer' from free bank,may try to recreate it with Icarus so to put some dynamics and futurism on it.
Start to become fan of analog-ish leads and keys,there is something nostalgic and the same time sweet in it:)
Cheers :)

VELLTONE MUSIC wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:49 pm

Nice sound,i think the main difference as sound is that Electra has some retro vibe,when Icarus is more futuristic synth.
Made similar sound few days ago with Sylenth1 as modification of Rob Lee 'KEY - Cosmic Dreamer' from free bank,may try to recreate it with Icarus so to put some dynamics and futurism on it.
Start to become fan of analog-ish leads and keys,there is something nostalgic and the same time sweet in it:)
This is a great idea, I would be super stoked if you made an entire Icarus 2 bank with that theme.

icarus 2 have amazing list of analog-ish filters,some of them better than actual analog ones,according to my taste.
Total madness of harmonics,resonance and sweet sound.
Already made many futuristic presets with Icarus,but definitely will add some anlogish vibe too in upcoming 'Dreams' soundset.

This thread is outdated. Electra2 is discontinued and has been replaced with Electra3. Please stick to the current thread:
viewtopic.php?t=590670

Return to “Instruments”