Harmor, Sytrus, Maximus & Gross Beat - OS X VST Alpha Testing

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Actually it seems lots of Sytrus and Harmor patches do not load properly in the Mac version - it's impossible to go through any of the third party banks without several patches screaming loud distorted walls of noise.

Also is it planned for Edison to come to Mac? - that I would love to see as there is nothing anything like it on Mac.

aMUSEd wrote:Also is it planned for Edison to come to Mac? - that I would love to see as there is nothing anything like it on Mac.
Well, everything is 'planned'...otherwise there can be no FL Studio on OS X ;)

Regards Scott
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

aMUSEd wrote:Actually it seems lots of Sytrus and Harmor patches do not load properly in the Mac version - it's impossible to go through any of the third party banks without several patches screaming loud distorted walls of noise.
Hi what 3rd party banks/patches are you using?

Can you email one that doesn't work to scott@image-line.com

Regards Scott
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Image-Line wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Actually it seems lots of Sytrus and Harmor patches do not load properly in the Mac version - it's impossible to go through any of the third party banks without several patches screaming loud distorted walls of noise.
Hi what 3rd party banks/patches are you using?

Can you email one that doesn't work to scott@image-line.com

Regards Scott
For Sytrus several patches from the bank 'Butterfly Effect', for Harmor just stuff collected from the IL forum preset thread. I will send a couple over later when back from work.

What about my user preset location question? Where do I put/save patches so they will show in the browsers?

Image-Line wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Also is it planned for Edison to come to Mac? - that I would love to see as there is nothing anything like it on Mac.
Well, everything is 'planned'...otherwise there can be no FL Studio on OS X ;)

Regards Scott
That would be cool - I can't wait to see Edison on Mac, one of the most useful plugins ever created.

Looks like Alpha 5 is out

Pleased to say the patch loading issues with Sytrus are fixed and it plays nicely on Mac now.

However some of the third party patches that were not making a sound at all in Harmor previously are now causing it to crash (e.g. the Che electro set).

GUI seems more responsive but still has some lagginess.

edit - it looks like the crashes may have been due either to characters in the bank names or depth of path, I have edited the bankname and made it less deep and now they don't cause a crash, but many of the Electro bank still sound distorted, although they at least load now.

aMUSEd wrote:edit - it looks like the crashes may have been due either to characters in the bank names or depth of path, I have edited the bankname and made it less deep and now they don't cause a crash, but many of the Electro bank still sound distorted, although they at least load now.
Thanks for the feedback.

Can you email scott @ image-line.com with one of these distorting patches?

Regards Scott

kaspy003 wrote:Mac OSX 10.9.2 16GB RAM, i7, SSD..
Bitwig Studio 1.0.8
Gross Beat Alpha 2:
No text in presets, but presets work great:

When close gross beat vst (white box):

Ableton live 9.1.2
the same issues with preset text..
Confirmed. Same behaviour here in Live.
I'll test in other hosts as well.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

Image-Line wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:edit - it looks like the crashes may have been due either to characters in the bank names or depth of path, I have edited the bankname and made it less deep and now they don't cause a crash, but many of the Electro bank still sound distorted, although they at least load now.
Thanks for the feedback.

Regards Scott
I sent you the whole bank in my last email, from that bank, for example, patch 00 doesn't make any sound, patch 04, 07 and 08 are distorted.

Bug - Sytrus midi learn causes a freeze in Tracktion 5 (but not in Bidule or Reaper)

Is there any ETA on FLStudio OSX actually. I mean roughly.. is it months? a year? more?
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

aMUSEd wrote:
Image-Line wrote:
Thanks for the feedback.

Regards Scott
I sent you the whole bank in my last email, from that bank, for example, patch 00 doesn't make any sound, patch 04, 07 and 08 are distorted.
Not one of this new bank will load in the Mac Harmor - they all make no change to the existing sound (so if init the sound is init, if another patch they don't change it):

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=409068

Harmor doesn't seem to like being wrapped in JBridge for Mac (to make it 64 bit) - lots of distortion even when I increase the audio buffer. Sytrus seems to run OK wrapped though.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”