New track need feedback

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys,

New to this forum so I will post my latest track as an introduction.

https://soundcloud.com/skylonofficial/s ... gio-thomas

Thanks!

Welcome!

I'm not into that type of music at all but I'll still tell you what I think.

First off, I think sidechain compression is over-used and it feels strange, especially in the first part. (at 0:52, it's very obvious)
The second part is better but too long IMO. (1:08 > 2:02)
The voice that starts at 2:03 sounds weird. As if it was meant for a different key.

I think the sounds you use are pretty nice, escecially the dirty pad (which somehow reminded me of the track Discovering by Solar Fields.) but I can't shrug the feeling that the track lacks structure. Is the full release longer?

I hope my post doesn't come across the wrong way. :)

And you might want to link your SoundCloud account to your KVR profile.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

It doesn't have to be the classical verse-chorus form in every song but I miss some intelligent structure in your song. It rather sounds like 3 parts collated together with some dubstep glue - whilst sounding modern, it doesn't make me dance... :shrug:

Karten wrote:Welcome!

I'm not into that type of music at all but I'll still tell you what I think.

First off, I think sidechain compression is over-used and it feels strange, especially in the first part. (at 0:52, it's very obvious)
The second part is better but too long IMO. (1:08 > 2:02)
The voice that starts at 2:03 sounds weird. As if it was meant for a different key.

I think the sounds you use are pretty nice, escecially the dirty pad (which somehow reminded me of the track Discovering by Solar Fields.) but I can't shrug the feeling that the track lacks structure. Is the full release longer?

I hope my post doesn't come across the wrong way. :)

And you might want to link your SoundCloud account to your KVR profile.
Thanks so much for the feedback! I appreciate it. It doesn't come across in the wrong way at all haha and alright i appreciate suggestions.

Return to “Music Cafe”