Addictive Drums 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Addictive Drums 1

no well, it sounds great too nothing to complain about that... but it's a bit to eazy ;)
i' am used (using ad and superior) to have more controll over the sound, so it feels a bit restrictive...

the midi editing features are nice, but i find working on the piano roll, gives me faster/better results... but then hey i have it just for about a week... so i will certainly fiddel a bit more with ezdrummers editing tools...
that highly praised amount knob is maybe my greatest dissapointment 'cause it never does what i would like it does ;) appart from amount there is no way to define anything else.
the song creator is nice for butting up a fast drumtrack to jam along, but there might be my second complaint, 'cause it could be a bit more creative, it patches up a rough drum track but without fills... so well ok... but nothing special

e drum wise it works well, but i get a better feeling using superior and AD

it's a great vst but i don't think i will use it often...
AD and superior just suits me better

so i might use it for fast sketches on the fly...
i have some ezx i bought for superior which i will use on a ez drummer2 laptop install so it's not a complete waste
but i could live well without it... ;)
Last edited by Limerick on Tue May 13, 2014 9:54 am, edited 3 times in total.

is it correct that adpacks now cost €90? Thats a massive price increase...
Presets for u-he Diva -> http://swanaudio.co.uk/

Limerick wrote:no well, it sounds great too nothing to complain about that... but it's a bit to eazy ;)
i' am used (using ad and superior) to have more controll over the sound, so it feels a bit restrictive...

it's a great vst but i don't think i will use it often...

the midi editing features are nice, but i find working on the piano roll, gives me better results...
that highly praised amount knob is maybe my greatest dissapointment 'cause it never does what i would like it does ;) appart from amount there is no way to define anything else.

e drum wise it works well, but superior and AD are noticeably better for that

so i might use it for fast sketches on the fly...
but i could live well without it... ;)
Ah, that makes sense. For me, the ez part was part of it.

waiting for a sale....xln does enough of them.
Last edited by robindrieghe on Tue May 13, 2014 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Have any AD1 users purchased the "Audiodeluxe" AD2 version, either single pak or bundle?

If so can they confirm that their existing ADpaks are not updated. If they are updated its a crazy price difference between XLN and web dealers.

Also on the website it says nothing about the "engine" being included in all AD paks as it does on Audiodeluxe (see below)
Important note about the Addictive Drums 2 engine: The Addictive Drums 2 engine is included with every Addictive Drums 2 ADpak and Bundle
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

i suspect if you buy an ad2 adpak you just get the adpak and ad2 engine for that. previous stuff stays ad1
Presets for u-he Diva -> http://swanaudio.co.uk/

paterpeter wrote:Is the upgrade sold by retailers, too? The upgrade with one AdPak from XLN directly (99€) costs more than the full artist bundle (2 included AdPaks) version at e.g. JRR Shop ($125, ie 91€), which is a bit ridiculous to be honest.
if you buy the upgrade (which is us$79 if you're outside the EU) you get extra adpaks (studio rock, studio prog, studio pop - presumably as a replacement for the old 'factory' content) as well as your other existing add-on add packs upgraded. Did the upgrade this morning and was pleasantly surprised to see rock/pop/prog in the queue to d/l.

so it comes down to which adpaks you want and which you have already as to which is the better deal - the us$99 'extra' upgrade (with one bundled adpak of your choice) is pretty good value - do agree that us$79 per adpak is too high compared to before.

OK. Just ordered the Upgrade Offer.

My XLN A/C looks better.

My CC A/C looks worse.

Downloading ........................... :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

argh, due all that late night drumming i overslept this morning.... :o

I'm gonna wait on this one.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

So Guys, let me get this right, if i order the audio deluxe XLN Audio Addictive Drums 2: Artist Bundle @ $149, consisting of
2 ADpaks of your choice
2 MIDIpaks of your choice
2 Kitpiece Paks of your choice
Addictive Drums 2 Engine

Will this upgrade my AD packs that i have already or will it just be the new content that will be AD 2 compatible. thanks

That will be just the new content. You really want the Upgrade Offer deal if you want all your AD1 content to be upgraded to AD2.

'Addictive Drums 2 - Bundles' and 'Addictive Drums 2 - Upgrades' are listed at the very bottom of this page:

http://www.xlnaudio.com/upgrade

You can view the details before making a decision about which route to take.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

It says:

"Specialty "Trigger" Kitpieces (sine waves, white noise, one shot drum samples, etc.) open up a world of new sound design options. You can link them to acoustic drums to give more “oomph” or even use them on their own to create new analog and digital drum machine sounds!"

Does this mean that you can load your own WAV/AIFF as one shot drum samples? Also, does anyone have any info on this new Trigger Kitpiece?

Thanks!
Marc

I suppose it's an extension to/generalization of the concept of trigger sounds in the Metal AdPak, where there was a special "trigger" instrument to add the typical "click" at the beginning of the kick.

Return to “Instruments”